KZMProductionsGT
Message 11 of 42 (245 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10912 posts

Re: Greatest NFL Quarterback's Ever

Aug 27, 2013

taker-77 wrote:
Out of curiosity, why do you rate Peyton Manning above Tom Brady?

Because, when you need a TD to win and Brady is your QB, this is what you usually get:

Message 12 of 42 (241 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30942 posts

Aug 27, 2013

Bacterin wrote:
My Top 5 Greatest Quarterback's would be :

1. Dan Marino
2. Joe Montana
3. John Elway
4. Peyton Manning
5. Tom Brady

This would be my top 5 but it would be in this order

1. Montana
  2. Manning
  3. Marino
  4. Elway
  5. Brady
Message 13 of 42 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Aug 27, 2013
Ridiculous. Not one person mentioned drew brees. Drew brees in the BEST IN THE WORLD!
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 14 of 42 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4354 posts

Aug 27, 2013
Tony Romo?
Message 15 of 42 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Aug 27, 2013

#1 - Joe Montana.

The End.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 16 of 42 (227 Views)
Splicer
44 posts

Aug 27, 2013
I put Peyton Manning ahead of Tom Brady because skill wise he is better. He runs the offense while on the field, Tom Brady runs the coach's offense.

Also two of Tom Brady's Super Bowl rings were won by Field Goals at the end. When Joe Montana won his four Super Bowl's they were blowouts. You could tell who the best was at that time.
Message 17 of 42 (219 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30942 posts

Aug 27, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Ridiculous. Not one person mentioned drew brees. Drew brees in the BEST IN THE WORLD!

Drew Brees is good but Manning, Brady and Rodgers are better QBs.

Message 18 of 42 (212 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28846 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2013

Bacterin wrote:
Football is a team sport. And the Super Bowl is a team achievement. Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson etc. all have Super Bowl rings. They will never be in the Hall of Fame. I'm talking Greatest QB's not Greatest Teams of all time.

Phil Simms is only considered because he was on one of the Greatest "Teams" of all time. As far as talent, not even close to my Top 5.

Terry Bradshaw is on my Top 10. Because he was a Great player, but was also on a Great team.

Dan Marino is the greatest because he was the best Passer of all time. Held over 20+ records and most of them stood for 25+ years. They were only broken because the NFL is a passer friendly League and is a lot easier for passing.

Joe Montana was on a Great team, but he was the most clutch player of all time. He never let you down. But he is number 2, because as soon as he went to the Chiefs he was never the same. Which just proves that a Good team makes you better. Dan Marino was still good on a horrible team.

Just think about this, every week during Marino's era, they knew the Dolphins were going to pass almost all game. Because he was there best player, the opposing team would always gameplan against him only. And they STILL could not stop him. Went on to have every passing record in more difficult eras of Football. Enough Said.

Superbowl XXi. 22 completions out of  25 attempts, and one was intentional grounding. That record still stands to this day. I saw every snap of that 1986-87 season, and he put the team in a position to win in quite a few of those games in the last two minutes. He also played with primarily a RUSHING offense, in a stadium with terrible wind.

I don't have to think about the Marino era, I was there. Dan Marino, great quarterback, Hall of Famer, however you can not discount what Phil Simms accomplished with that Giants team. With Jeff Hostetler and Scott Brunner at quarterback those teams were a pale comparison. Marino also couldn't get it done in a big spot. And  Phil Simms does have two rings to show for it, even though he was injured during the 1990-91 Super Bowl run, he was a key part of that team. And obviously they COULD stop Dan Marino, otherwise he would have gotten back to a Super Bowl.

I think the problem is that you're penalizing a quarterback for being a great team. Any quarterback needs the pieces around him, otherwise all those years the Buccaneers were terrible, Doug Williams would have been the greatest quarterback who ever lived. Williams did eventually win a Super Bowl with the Redskins, and was named MVP, in a 42-10 DRUBBING of the Denver Broncos, led by John Elway. There are QB's that make a team great, and they elevate a team to being champions. Archie Manning was a great quarterback, but played on lousy teams. Hank Stram said of Archie he was the best quarterback who he ever coached. The Saints were terrible, to the point the fans actually wore bags over their heads.

And you had a HUGE oversight; Johnny Unitas.

Message 19 of 42 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Aug 27, 2013

Joe Montana -Not especially gifted physically, but calm cool and collected and very smart.

Troy Aikmen - The last of the great cowboys.

John Elway - Gifted and has won many games practically on his own.

Eli Manning - The only person who could put a cold shiver in the blood of any Pats fan

Tom Brady - A mixture of Joe Montana and John Elway - has not won a superbowl since his team was caught in spygate

I like football, what can I say Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 20 of 42 (195 Views)