Sackboy
638 posts

Re: Great games you're playing right now

Jan 5, 2012

MGS Peace Walker (HD edition).

I am very surprised that this game is very long. Right now, it takes me over 50+ hrs that I still need to accomplish Chapter 5 'Outer Heaven.'

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 51 of 141 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Jan 7, 2012

I'm playing PW as well. I'm really wanting to get into MGS4 already, but this is kind of sitting in my way. Is the story really 50+ hours?

Message 52 of 141 (4 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12485 posts

Jan 7, 2012

I’m playing Red Dead Redemption right now (it's a great video game). This is actually a very enjoyable video game considering its approach. I don’t think an individual absolutely needs to enjoy westerns in order to get something out of this video game but an appreciation for the genre certainly helps. I picked up the GOTY Edition of this video game a few months ago and I have been having a blast with its single-player campaign.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 53 of 141 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
369 posts

Jan 7, 2012

I've been playing some MW3 and GTA IV a lot lately. Both are cool games. ^_^

Message 54 of 141 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1293 posts

Jan 7, 2012

SweetPoison13 wrote:

I’m playing Red Dead Redemption right now (it's a great video game). This is actually a very enjoyable video game considering its approach. I don’t think an individual absolutely needs to enjoy westerns in order to get something out of this video game but an appreciation for the genre certainly helps. I picked up the GOTY Edition of this video game a few months ago and I have been having a blast with its single-player campaign.

I agree, I don't remember having watched any Western movie in my entire life so far but I was still able to enjoy RDR a lot. I sometimes still play some of the multiplayer modes here and there and they entertain me the most apart from Uncharted 3. I guess I'll try the Assassin's Creed: Revelations multiplayer anytime soon, but I guess it won't entertain me that much, especially not since it lacks cooperative modes.

sgtJARHEADxX wrote:

I'm playing PW as well. I'm really wanting to get into MGS4 already, but this is kind of sitting in my way. Is the story really 50+ hours?

I don't think I needed that long for MGS4. And you always have to remember that there are many and long cutscenes, so the actual gameplay value is not as high as it might seem on the first glance. Furthermore it was too much fanservice in my opinion, I didn't see too much need to infiltrate Shadow Moses again, and though it was pretty well done in artistic ways they could have ended Solid Snake's story without such references to the previous games. Honestly, I had a hard time enjoying MGS4 compared to the sequels. But maybe it is just me getting "old". I  am tended to put it into my PS3 again to try it out some more, I just went through it once and pretty much played it like a first-person shooter because there was not enough motivation for me to stealth it but in contrary a huge arsenal of weapons I've never seen in any other Metal Gear game.

Message 55 of 141 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jan 7, 2012

I just got my PS3...so only have Demon's Souls,Little Big Planet and God of War Collection....but a friend of mine gave me a box full of old PS1 games to play on my new system, and I've been playing the original Spyro game, Twisted Metal 1 and 2 (waiting for the new one to come out), Critical Depth, and the old Doom games that were converted for PS1....

I also play games on the "other" systems, but don't want to get banned for mentioning them....

Message 56 of 141 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21008 posts

Jan 8, 2012

SweetPoison13 wrote:

I like westerns and i'm interested in that game too.   its just a matter of time and money.  (that and I already have many games that i'm playing, replaying, or have yet to play already)

Message 57 of 141 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7836 posts

Jan 8, 2012

I've been playing Dark Soul's and Skyrim since I got them for Christmas. Both games have about ~25 hours on them. I think they're both great, but I've enjoyed DaS more than Skyrim. I wish I played Skyrim before Das.

Survivor of an earthquake, hurricane, and multiple tornadoes in one week. g@m
Halladay, Lee, Hamels, Utley, Pence, Price, Longo, Briere, Jags

Message 58 of 141 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Jan 8, 2012

Super_Vegeta1986 wrote:

I like westerns and i'm interested in that game too.   its just a matter of time and money.  (that and I already have many games that i'm playing, replaying, or have yet to play already)

You must REALLY like the other games then. If you like westerns and you've put off playing RDR for so long, well there's definitely something odd with you. That game is really, really good (if you're into the whole Rockstar style gaming - personally after so many games with the same premise from GTA to LANoire, it get's rather tiresome).

I do feel with you about the money, none the games I have I bought new. $60 It's just too much , and I work 10 hours a day. But RDR came out long ago, I'm sure it should around $20 if not less by now. I  could be wrong. I got mine for free with Dave&Buster's points, I get a bunch that way. 

damagon123 Trophy Card
Message 59 of 141 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2321 posts

Jan 8, 2012

I have been playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma (really colose to the plat), just started Deamon's Souls (really good after you read the guide and kbow whats going on) and the Dead Nation DLC road to devestation (can't stop playing that it's so fun with a friend).

I think I may give Portal 2 a second go around along with Limbo, and I have not even started RE4 yet.

Photobucket
Message 60 of 141 (4 Views)
0 Likes