VP of Gaming
29169 posts

Re: Gran turismo 6 suggestion box!

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

boggs12345 wrote:

My opinion: a online graphic decals shop is needed for the next gran turismo game. Like Forza 4...

I stopped right there.
Message 21 of 34 (196 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jan 27, 2013

more rim brands should be imbedded into the game. Atleast 30-40. Forza 4 had atleast that amount of rims. 

Back to colors.there should be 2 tone color designs and the paints  should be bought  unlimited amount of times so that we dont lose that color after using it.

also steer away from the online dealership. Put more effort into the new car dealership. Put older cars into the new dealership. 

To be more competitive with forza  u guys need to put much more varieties in it and much more options and capabilities in.

Message 22 of 34 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Good for you. It's just an opinion and option. Everybody is entitled to an opinion. And if u think I'm comparing it to forza because you think I'm a fanboy of xbox that is clearly not the case. I don't like Xbox one bit. That game just makes me want to get it. But GT needs to step it up. I am a ps3 kind of a guy. So don't be a **bleep**

Message 23 of 34 (189 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29169 posts

Jan 27, 2013

boggs12345 wrote:

more rim brands should be imbedded into the game. Atleast 30-40. Forza 4 had atleast that amount of rims

Back to colors.there should be 2 tone color designs and the paints  should be bought  unlimited amount of times so that we dont lose that color after using it.

also steer away from the online dealership. Put more effort into the new car dealership. Put older cars into the new dealership. 

To be more competitive with forza  u guys need to put much more varieties in it and much more options and capabilities in.

Why does it always come back to "But... but... but... but... but... but... but... Forza?!?"?

You guys talk about being "competitive with Forza", let's talk numbers;

Forza 4 = 3.84 million copies sold worldwide.

Gran Turismo 5 = 8.67 million copies sold worldwide.

Even if you DOUBLE the number of copies that Forza 4 has sold, it still doesn't equal the business that GT5 has done. This isn't about being "competitive", as making both games homongeous, so you don't have to decide which one you like. Just like a few years ago when all the bozos were posting videos on YouTube literally HOURS after Killzone 2 was released, and then screaming "IT'S NOT LIKE CALL OF DUTY 4!!". Well guess what? You didn't buy Call of Duty 4! And when you bought Gran Turismo 5 you weren't buying Forza.

Different games do different things. Don't bring McDonaldization into this.

Message 24 of 34 (183 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jan 27, 2013

ok. So what your telling me is that gran turismo sold more copies. Ok. True. But when it comes down to the  driving experience MY OPINION... Forza takes it. Get pis.sed all u want but I know lots of people that are ps3 fanboys and they give it to forza. iggnorent people like you don't care about people's opinions  and instead you criticize and shoot down there ideas before they even have a chance to explain why. 

Message 25 of 34 (180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Gran Turismo 4 was my fav because of the fact that you can drive the oldest car. i would like to see this in the next game as well as things we have never seen before. maybe add some tracks from an airline strip for drag racing and maybe also pedal cars. but please bring back the really old cars.

Message 26 of 34 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1615 posts

Mar 27, 2013

july161986 wrote:

Gran Turismo 4 was my fav because of the fact that you can drive the oldest car. i would like to see this in the next game as well as things we have never seen before. maybe add some tracks from an airline strip for drag racing and maybe also pedal cars. but please bring back the really old cars.

There's Special Stage Route X if you want to do drag racing in GT5. And if you're referring to the track that has an "airline strip", there's Top Gear Test Track.

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Message 27 of 34 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 23, 2013

hmm suggestion box. . . ok

• i like the livery idea, if you dont like it dont use it?
  • i got kinda sick of the same rims over and over again, so maybe a bit more variaty?
  • the online drift rooms, instead of time based make it drift based? id rather be judged by my flags earned rather than my time taken round the track, and maybe a data logger to show whos better at what corner?
  • more bodykits/ airodynamics, and also lack of? during the hacking season i saw lots of silvias, supras, skylines and rx7s with no spoilers. not every1 wants a spoiler! this could include different bumpers, spoilers and even bonnets? mix and match even? 
  • better music? that range was huge, and trying to find stuff you liked was a head####, is a good idea for your own music, i found it had a crappy shuffle rate (MY OPINION) and an option to change the song if not suitable?
  • engine swaps? keep it specified to that tuning company though. (i own a celica supra in real life, amnd mine has a 3.0 turbo motor from the ma70. yeah what of it? least its turbo'd)
  • realistic tuning. i know plenty of **bleep** tuners making 800+bhp, just go to any car show, and why not a 70 challenger 1000hp drag car? for example also do you want your car set up for more torque? do you like high or low revs? you decide, eack mod has a different effect, and a tuning chart to go with it helps
  • re invent some more tracks from the older series? i loved the route 11 special stage from the 1st.
  • create a drag lobby? stops drifters and racers having colisions with the dragers. also, all who enter the event then can launch at the same time, not have to come up with a number to launch at using the room total time.
  • suspension tuning? i mean lowering cars to the point that they scrape or jacking them up enough the look like a off roader. and also to apply offsets to the wheels. drifters especially like to see wheels poking out of the guards, and dragers like to see their cars with great big dirty fats on the back,or front if it tickles their fancy
  • a search bar for the open lobby? dont feel like searching 100s of rooms to find 1 friends room?just search the name of the room and a fellow driver
  • delete some of the clashing cars? can some 1 tell me why we need 50 different types of skyline? how about 1 rwd and 1 4wd from each era and if its has a choice of both then a drivetrain swap? with less copys of the same car we can then have more cars that havent yet been featured.  
  • a reusable paint store? im sick of buying random cars just so i can paint 1 car. it seemed like a major waste of time and money.
  • a few more varieties of track? i dont nessecarily mean more tracks in general, but a few more (for example) uphill/ downhill tracks which really push the cars abilities, both in power and braking ability, and that course maker was lovely, but what if you liked the track but wanted just 1 or 2 corners tweaked? i wonder how many tracks got scraped because of a silly section
  • what does the car wash actually do? i see no real difference in colour, no blemishes scratches or even dirt before hand, why would i want to wash my car?
  • racing modification to more cars? or incorporate this withthe livery pack? h#ll, why not have different set liverys for the racing modification.
  • why does a car have to be premium to take a picture of it at a nice location? or has it something to do with the interior not existing?
  • online picture gallery? put the best pic of your best car in the online gallery and let others be the judge.
  • create a system usable link and forum? got a problem? ask some1 who knows? make it a link from the main menu or make an external app for it? doesnt have to slow the game down any
  • does it seam a little hard to roll a car? i thought this was a simulator, seams a little hard to roll the car, not that were trying to.
  • instead of online collectors dealership just make a online dealership? dont want that car anymore, know some1 who mite? advertise it, or sell it to your mate, and why sell 1 a day? put your whole collection up for auction? im sure youd do anything for that 1 dream car
  • online b spec? its an idea, and could possibly not work, but its an idea.
  • more appropriate sounds? tyre noise, exhaust tune etc. hell, different tyres make different squeels, and different mufflers make different notes. could we treat a muffler like we treat a horn?
  • more drift/ drag events? maybe not go overboard with the idea, but gt5 has made a good introduction into the concept.
  • b spec driver training? not happy with the way your team mate drives? train him yourself! 

ok, im exhausted now, these are just my ideas, but im sure others would agree with me. gran turismo has a huge market, but with a few ideas pushed in other directions im sure it could be much bigger. just because so many copies were bought, doesnt mean they were regrettable. (just saying) . and just cause a game has it, doesnt make it better vise versa, lets drag those away from the likes of forza, need for speed and join the GT family?

and just saying some of the hackers i used to race with on gran turismo, didnt hack for sheer speed, some wanted stance, some wanted a little more realism, and others just wanted their own pedigree to drive and show off. im sure it was right to ban accounts and limit hacking on gt5, but surely its something to learn from! im sure its more of a matter of the hackers got bored ofwhat they saw. hardly blame them at times. please dont waste your time trying to shut down all my ideas, u  asked for my input, i gave. and i cant be sure ill go back to this forum with all the b###hing that ive seen previously. 

Message 28 of 34 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Apr 23, 2013
the one and ONLY thing i hope they do, is make, IN ADDITION TO CURRENT LOBBIES, lobbies that are automated like offline. once 12 people join, a race starts. i hate wanting to play online, and guess what, there are 2 8 year olds smashing into eachother.

Oh, and maybe to have an online auction house (or just sale) for cars
Message 29 of 34 (74 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 25, 2013

oh yeah. and a clutch would be brilliant! and then u could make it a restriction in the lobby so that you keep the 12 year old derby drivers out!!!! not to mention it sort the men from the mice!!! could replace the wipers function, d we really need to turn our wipers on and off????

Message 30 of 34 (64 Views)
0 Likes