Nov 09 2012
By: GONASIAT First Son 2 posts

Gran turismo 6 suggestion box!

33 replies 443 views Edited Nov 9, 2012

If a Gran turismo 6 is coming out with the ps4, we can help the game developers if it isn't too late yet. hopefully it isn't lol. 
My suggestion is out a paint option so you can customize it with decals and such, to make the car more unique and personal. I think its been done before on previous gt's so i hope they bring it back, and that they read this post. 

Message 1 of 34 (443 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8172 posts

Re: Gran turismo 6 suggestion box!

Nov 9, 2012
The Gran Turismo General section would be better suited for these topics rather than the general PS3 board. Smiley Very Happy

https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/bd-p/22128
Message 2 of 34 (440 Views)
VP of Gaming
28532 posts

Nov 9, 2012

They've sold nearly 70 MILLION copies in the Gran Turismo series without our "suggestions". I think Polyphony Digital knows what they're doing by now. 

Let them make the game the best way they know how. 

Message 3 of 34 (436 Views)
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Nov 9, 2012

It has NEVER been done before on any GT game. 

The closest thing you can get to changing the exterior aesthetics on any GT game is though the RACE CAR MODIFICATION. And not every car was able to do it.

In GT3, 4 and 5 you can add minor Aero Parts and thats about it. In GT5 the list of cars available for Race Car Modification is short.... maybe 10 cars total.

GT series has been revered all over the world as the best racing game ever. and still better than Forza. 

If you want customizability, get Need For Speed. Or play Forza. GT series has always been about the driving physics. Not about pretty colors, and cool graphics and body kits. Leave that customizability for the arcade games

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 34 (431 Views)
Sackboy
526 posts

Nov 9, 2012

All cars premium, cockpit view on all cars, no skimping on the looks of some cars (some looked like ps2 gt4 cars) better shadows, damage from the get go.

Message 5 of 34 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
795 posts

Nov 9, 2012
So basically, release the game that should have come out two years ago? hahaha
Message 6 of 34 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

What he means is he wants his Nitrous and racing sticks and completely **bleep**ed up crashed cars when you hit someone on purpose head on from NFS games on a racing simulator and ill tell you now its not going to fly with alot of old GT people who have been playing this game since the beginning... and id be one who would not like the NFS communities features coming to GT so you can join a public lobby with your cars neon lights and pimp my ride decals and nitrous burning trying to play bumper cars stay on nfs and do the rest of us a favor

Message 7 of 34 (413 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Thanks!
Message 8 of 34 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 10, 2012

Personally, I don't get why you guys are hating on the customization of the graphics on the cars. We tend to race on-line with leagues. Would you not want to be known on-line by your paint job? Turner Motorsports = Blue and Yellow BMW's; Gulf sponsored cars = Orange and Blue; Brumos Racing = White with Red and Blue racing stripes. It gives us another identity when racing on-line. You can only do so much with rim and body color. Anyone agree with that? If all those race cars were solid colors, no cool graphics or paint jobs, would racing be the same as it is now? I know it is a driving simulator and not a racing simulator, but ultimately, we end up racing the cars in GT, and on-line. I would love to be known on-line by a specific paint job or graphic/symbol on-line...

Message 9 of 34 (390 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28532 posts

Nov 10, 2012

ori0n378e wrote:

Personally, I don't get why you guys are hating on the customization of the graphics on the cars. We tend to race on-line with leagues. Would you not want to be known on-line by your paint job? Turner Motorsports = Blue and Yellow BMW's; Gulf sponsored cars = Orange and Blue; Brumos Racing = White with Red and Blue racing stripes. It gives us another identity when racing on-line. You can only do so much with rim and body color. Anyone agree with that? If all those race cars were solid colors, no cool graphics or paint jobs, would racing be the same as it is now? I know it is a driving simulator and not a racing simulator, but ultimately, we end up racing the cars in GT, and on-line. I would love to be known on-line by a specific paint job or graphic/symbol on-line...

The Gulf colors are already iconic. Anyone who knows anything about racing, knows about the Gulf GT40 and the classic livery. So that has absolutely nothing to do with "customization". Is this really about being identifiable? Or is it about having control over an aspect of the game that you currently don't? Or is it about making the game "like" another one? 

See here's the thing; you really need very little to identify your car. Back in 1936, Alfa Romeo had three cars entered LeMans, all parinted red. So to identify them they painted a white stripe down the left side of one, then one of the right side, and they left one red. The LeMans racing stripe was born. Maybe I'm far too "old school" for the tweaker and tuner crowd, but to me this is much more appealing and sexier...

Aston Martin DB4

... than this.

Cruze

Message 10 of 34 (384 Views)
0 Likes