Nov 19 2006
By: NoAmBA~ Lombax Warrior 119 posts

Got my Nintendo Wii today: First impressions

20 replies 1 views Edited Nov 19, 2006
I got Madden 07, Call of Duty 3, and Zelda: TP. I'm enjoying all so far, except COD 3 which I haven't tried yet. Well I was figuring the controls would be hard to get used, but they are easy to pick up on and on Zelda the speaker on the controller is a nice touch. So far the only complaints I have on the controller is they are really sensitive which gets annoying at sometimes and other times it's very helpful and on the remote the buttons are kind of spread out which at times can take to much time to press two buttons that are spread out. Also I think the graphics are underrated. They clearly aren't as good as 360 and PS3 but they are a significant upgrade over the PS2, at least on Madden 07. The gameplay is much better then a lot of other systems but it's easy to get frustrated while your still learning. The only problem I'm having is connecting to the internet, I know I have a wireless connection in my house (using it right now on my laptop), I enter the key to connect and when I test the connection it won't go through. If anyone knows how to set that up, I'd be happy. But so far the Wii is an awesome system. Well worth the $250 and I'd recommend it to anyone.
Message 1 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6938 posts

Re: Got my Nintendo Wii today: First impressions

Nov 19, 2006
Good Luck with your Wii
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
800 posts

Nov 19, 2006
I like the controls so far - although the speaker could've been better quality (but the Zelda chime still sounds great on it... and satisfying.) Also my TV is pretty low to the ground so... yea... XD I really gotta aim my wiimote low, but it's the only good TV the Wii can use right now. Some old 90's Sony TV, lol.

But it's really nifty how you have to 'reel' in the fish with the nunchuck. For a bit I was worried the gestures would be too annoying (especially after a long day of work and you're EXHUASTED) but it works out amazing well. However I probably can't play laying down on my bed sideways, arms drooped over the bed and looking like a dazed zombie, lol. (It happens.)

I can't wait for Raving Rabbids. :3  And the Zelda game is just awesome so far, maybe it even beats Ocarina of Time.
Message 3 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11225 posts

Nov 19, 2006
Interesting. Can't you turn down the sensitivity on the Wiimote?
Message 4 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7280 posts

Nov 19, 2006
Good luck with the WEEEEEEEEEEEE

NoAmBA wrote:
I got Madden 07, Call of Duty 3, and Zelda: TP. I'm enjoying all so far, except COD 3 which I haven't tried yet. Well I was figuring the controls would be hard to get used, but they are easy to pick up on and on Zelda the speaker on the controller is a nice touch. So far the only complaints I have on the controller is they are really sensitive which gets annoying at sometimes and other times it's very helpful and on the remote the buttons are kind of spread out which at times can take to much time to press two buttons that are spread out. Also I think the graphics are underrated. They clearly aren't as good as 360 and PS3 but they are a significant upgrade over the PS2, at least on Madden 07. The gameplay is much better then a lot of other systems but it's easy to get frustrated while your still learning. The only problem I'm having is connecting to the internet, I know I have a wireless connection in my house (using it right now on my laptop), I enter the key to connect and when I test the connection it won't go through. If anyone knows how to set that up, I'd be happy. But so far the Wii is an awesome system. Well worth the $250 and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Signature removed by Admin due to advertising of a commercial nature.
Message 5 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11132 posts

Nov 19, 2006
Madden 07 is amazing!  Also, in the system settings you can turn down sensitivity

Message 6 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13470 posts

Nov 19, 2006
Nice man , hope u have fun.

Message 7 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1305 posts

Nov 19, 2006
Can you test COD3 please? I heard you have to twist your head arround to look behind you.
Message 8 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Nov 19, 2006
Okay, I might switch, but sometimes it helps for it to be sensitive. What games do you guys have?

Anyone else fail horribly at kicking in Madden? I can do everything just about as well except for kicking.
Message 9 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Nov 19, 2006
yeah, I'm starting up COD 3 right now, so far graphics are amazing. I'll edit this post with what I think of the gameplay. The graphics are even better the Madden's. I'm very impressed so far.
Message 10 of 21 (1 View)
0 Likes