Fender Bender
3410 posts

Re: Gordon Ramsay

Jun 29, 2013

He's really a nice guy in real life. But on TV, he's like a devil incarnate.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 11 of 22 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
37605 posts

Jun 29, 2013

TKearney9 wrote:
Actually I heard he is awesome and it's just an act since Americans like drama.

He is.  When a team wins a challenge they usually get to hang out with Gordon at some fancy place and they all say he's awesome to be around.

He is a perfectionist.  It must be to his standards or he won't allow it.

He's an excellent prankster.

He's had 5 different shows that I know of in the last couple years.

1. Hell's Kitchen

2. Motel Hell

3. Kitchen Nightmares

4. Master Chef

5. The "F" Word (actually very tame, and bored me to tears)

I believe he's the second or third highest rated chef in the world.  He has about 14 Michelin Stars, which are like the Olympic gold medals of cooking.  On Master Chef they once had a guest judge who had 17 Michelin Stars.

Overall I'm extremely impressed with Gordon Ramsay.  He's a very successful man, purely because he works his butt off continually.

Message 12 of 22 (99 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29599 posts

Jun 29, 2013

TKearney9 wrote:

That's the trend now on television. Brits yelling at Americans.

Message 13 of 22 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
39681 posts

Jun 29, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
Its only for TV, he's totally different in real life.

did you meet him or what

Message 14 of 22 (84 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

This guy is a P.O.S. I'm not sure what it is about chefs but they just think they are so important and above everyone else. I used to work in high end restaurants and private clubs and there was only 1 chef I ever met who was cool. Everyone else were just disrespectful jerks.

You cook food. Big deal brah lol.

One time I blasted the crap out of this guy because he was treating his line cooks and the dishwasher like crap. I planned on leaving the job anyway so I went up one side and down the other on him, just carving him up. He was speechless because no one ever stood up to him. All he could say was "get out!" his precious ego was destroyed in front of the kitchen and several servers. I would have gladly went outside with him. 2 weeks later he was fired. lol

Im PRETTY sure that in this case reality TV is just sensatiionalizing that.

Sure but when you've met as many chefs as I have who trained in France, Italy, England and come from an assortment of countries in Europe, South America and even Egypt, you will see that these guys have massive egos. It's extremely common to hear yelling and swearing in the kitchen from the chef who does 15% of the work on a busy night. If that...

Now Sous Chefs are the real stars in my eyes. They are the workhorses of the team and are generally very cool from my experience. All of them have been very cool except one who was sometimes jerkish but I understand as he was a Scottish Military guy.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 15 of 22 (76 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Jun 29, 2013

DrGadget wrote:

TKearney9 wrote:

He is.  When a team wins a challenge they usually get to hang out with Gordon at some fancy place and they all say he's awesome to be around.

He is a perfectionist.  It must be to his standards or he won't allow it.

He's an excellent prankster.

He's had 5 different shows that I know of in the last couple years.

1. Hell's Kitchen

2. Motel Hell

3. Kitchen Nightmares

4. Master Chef

5. The "F" Word (actually very tame, and bored me to tears)

I believe he's the second or third highest rated chef in the world.  He has about 14 Michelin Stars, which are like the Olympic gold medals of cooking.  On Master Chef they once had a guest judge who had 17 Michelin Stars.

Overall I'm extremely impressed with Gordon Ramsay.  He's a very successful man, purely because he works his butt off continually.

This is a common trait with Chefs that sometimes gets me. Especially when they start telling floor staff how to do their job.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 16 of 22 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

did you meet him or what

Yes, he was very cool!  You think, everybody is that way on TV or in the movies you see?  Its all an act.  I told him, I'm actually glad what he does, because you see some of these kitchens, they need a good kick in the butt!  Yelling sometimes, is the only way to get the point across.    Just like Bar Rescue.  Jon Taffer, wants to help these people but yet, some don't play along.  Some don't get it, he is only there to HELP the people but yet, they have to argue and think they are right, but they are failing (mainly for TV).  He's one of the coolest guys, you will ever meet! 

Message 17 of 22 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Jun 29, 2013

images.jpg

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 18 of 22 (44 Views)
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 29, 2013

rramsdell wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

did you meet him or what

Yes, he was very cool!  You think, everybody is that way on TV or in the movies you see?  Its all an act.  I told him, I'm actually glad what he does, because you see some of these kitchens, they need a good kick in the butt!  Yelling sometimes, is the only way to get the point across.    Just like Bar Rescue.  Jon Taffer, wants to help these people but yet, some don't play along.  Some don't get it, he is only there to HELP the people but yet, they have to argue and think they are right, but they are failing (mainly for TV).  He's one of the coolest guys, you will ever meet! 

not-sure-if-serious-or-just-trolling.jpg

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 19 of 22 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
37605 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Deadly_Rabbit123 wrote:

images.jpg

Best one yet.

Message 20 of 22 (25 Views)