Splicer
45 posts

Re: Google making a console for the console WARS

Jun 30, 2013
Sigh what are we talking about? The casual market is like 7 times the size of the AAA core market. So while AAA debs get laid off like the entire Deadpool staff just did after the game came out the casual market is doing great. Taking Apple games into the home TV could appeal to lots of people. Some of these people will never buy an Xbox or playstation since casual gaming is enough for them.

I welcome these new formats but Ouya will likely fail. Google and Apple have more money than Sony to make it work.

Message 11 of 12 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Google making a console for the console WARS

Jun 30, 2013

DELTA_TEAM_LEADR wrote:
Sigh what are we talking about? The casual market is like 7 times the size of the AAA core market. So while AAA debs get laid off like the entire Deadpool staff just did after the game came out the casual market is doing great. Taking Apple games into the home TV could appeal to lots of people. Some of these people will never buy an Xbox or playstation since casual gaming is enough for them.

I welcome these new formats but Ouya will likely fail. Google and Apple have more money than Sony to make it work.

Thats fine...they never would have bought one in the first place. Im  not saying you're wrong, quick, simplistic games obviously appeal to more people than games like Call of Duty (yes, well compared to iOS games its complicated) and skyrim, etc...

But I dont see this effecting SONY any more than microsoft and nintendo already are.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 12 of 12 (49 Views)
0 Likes