Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Re: Goodbye, Gamestops and Best Buys,

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

Myself i dont understand why ANYONE would say THEY hate an outlet store or an electronics store..lmao..seems kind of silly to me since...THERES THOUSANDS OF OPTIONS..lol...kind of like the content in other servers in home..makes ZERO sense to me..rather than be happy with what you have?..obsess over what ya cant..i just dont see the logic...just my opinion..I shop mostly from best buy,cause i already know what im lookin for,i did my homework..and i like a previous poster, get insurance on most everything i buy,i also buy new cause i want to be the only 1 whos touched my stuff..no matter what it is..just funny like that..but to each his own..if my store closes then ill find another 1 nearby...sad to see these older companies go away,being an older guy ive enjoyed most of them for yrs..Smiley Wink

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 11 of 17 (92 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Feb 3, 2013

JFK_Fan wrote:

Eight retailers that will be closing up shops all across the U.S. I can't say i feel bad for Gamestop and Bestbuy, their reputation as worst electronic and game business, is well diserved. Gamestop is a joke who deserves to lose money, Bestbuy is merely a "Showroom" center, Radioshack is outdated. Shame i liked RS, been a loyal customer since early 90's. The others are merely old stores suffering from the modern age. JCP, Sears, Officemax/depot , and Barnes and Noble are all losing because Amazon's top market for most items @ a good prices. It's a new age of business and these big name brands dieing  is the proof. When i was a kid, i would of said "your crazy" if you were to tell me hostess was going out of business, i alway thought the snack cake market was a sure thing, people love snacks... i'd of believed Rolex to go under before Hostess did. Everyone eats snack cakes, not everyone owns a rolex.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/eight-retailers-that-will-close-the-most-stores-173320796.html

so where do you go your electronics?

Sears? buy some car tires while your at it?

maybe Walmart? you can buy some clothes and cheese too.

Circuit Cit- oh wait.

in my opinion, Best Buy is the last good electronics store.

and the hell with GameStop. Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 17 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

Feb 3, 2013

boobinz wrote:

Myself i dont understand why ANYONE would say THEY hate an outlet store or an electronics store..lmao..seems kind of silly to me since...THERES THOUSANDS OF OPTIONS..lol...kind of like the content in other servers in home..makes ZERO sense to me..rather than be happy with what you have?..obsess over what ya cant..i just dont see the logic...just my opinion..I shop mostly from best buy,cause i already know what im lookin for,i did my homework..and i like a previous poster, get insurance on most everything i buy,i also buy new cause i want to be the only 1 whos touched my stuff..no matter what it is..just funny like that..but to each his own..if my store closes then ill find another 1 nearby...sad to see these older companies go away,being an older guy ive enjoyed most of them for yrs..Smiley Wink

I live in a very small town... everything is mom and pop shops except for the very few retailers we have... i have very limited options, and dont feel like going 90 miles just to buy games, HDMI cables, or controllers... not everyone has unlimited options. The internet is the best thing, since i can oreder and recvieve my goods in 2 or 3 days... Best Buy, Gamestop popped up in my town killing 3 family owned game/electronic businesses, so i think their crooks and deserve to lose as much as they can. Serves them right for over expansion. 

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 13 of 17 (78 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Feb 4, 2013

JFK_Fan wrote:

boobinz wrote:

I live in a very small town... everything is mom and pop shops except for the very few retailers we have... i have very limited options, and dont feel like going 90 miles just to buy games, HDMI cables, or controllers... not everyone has unlimited options. The internet is the best thing, since i can oreder and recvieve my goods in 2 or 3 days... Best Buy, Gamestop popped up in my town killing 3 family owned game/electronic businesses, so i think their crooks and deserve to lose as much as they can. Serves them right for over expansion. 

I would say that the internet stores are hurting the independent stores just as much or more as any national retail chain. Having a Walmart store just about as good as having access to a Best Buy and GameStop, especially since they do pricematching...

Message 14 of 17 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Feb 4, 2013

spyder_21 wrote:

I shop at BestBuy because there "Product Returns" cant be matched.  I buy warranty with the products i get, they never had a problem getting me a refund of 100% of purchase price or exchange.  I only purchase stuff there that you cant get cheaper like New games, Movies, my PsVita , stuff like that.  Though some prices are way over the top, like a $50 HDMI cable.

Got to be careful with Best Buy though. Bought an Open box HDTV from them ya while back that had a lot of problems. Took it back a few days later only to be interrogated by their Geek Squad who refused the return because they didnt want to give me my 750.00 back. They claimed there was nothing wrong with the TV because they inspect them and blamed me for the damage. 

Message 15 of 17 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

Feb 4, 2013

so where do you go your electronics?

Sears? buy some car tires while your at it?

maybe Walmart? you can buy some clothes and cheese too.

Circuit Cit- oh wait.

in my opinion, Best Buy is the last good electronics store.

and the hell with GameStop. Smiley Very Happy

The_Original_SE & Logical_Dolphin... i stated i'm a loyal customer of Radio Shack, & I "USED" to buy games and all my electronics from a local family owned store, now closed. Also we rejected walmart from building within our county in '98, so. The family stores survived thru the internet it's been around for decades... but BB and GS both built stores in our town in 2005 and 2006. Since then, the two main family stores started suffering... (kids/ teenagers wanted to pre-order and they didn't offer that.) I'd been friends w/ one of the owners son's for years and they blamed BB and GS for hurting his business, not the internet. Now like everyone else i order some games from amazon, or other online stores. Also my friend still has a connection and can order "new" games.

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 16 of 17 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Feb 4, 2013
I have ordered from Amazon once and that was only because the Alan Wake download card was only 7.00 after shipping. Otherwise, I don't like to wait for things in the mail and neither to most people. I'm buying new surfound sound headphones this week as well. Now why on earth would I want to buy them online and wait even longer for them?

You would also think the big box stores would be doing even better with the Internet. Especially when they offer things like home shipping and same day store pickup just so you can get in and out.
Message 17 of 17 (45 Views)
0 Likes