Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 03 2013
By: JFK_Fan Sackboy 409 posts
Accepted Solution

Goodbye, Gamestops and Best Buys,

[ Edited ]
16 replies 243 views Edited Feb 3, 2013

Eight retailers that will be closing up shops all across the U.S. I can't say i feel bad for Gamestop and Bestbuy, their reputation as worst electronic and game business, is well diserved. Gamestop is a joke who deserves to lose money, Bestbuy is merely a "Showroom" center, Radioshack is outdated. Shame i liked RS, been a loyal customer since early 90's. The others are merely old stores suffering from the modern age. JCP, Sears, Officemax/depot , and Barnes and Noble are all losing because Amazon's top market for most items @ a good prices. It's a new age of business and these big name brands dieing  is the proof. When i was a kid, i would of said "your crazy" if you were to tell me hostess was going out of business, i alway thought the snack cake market was a sure thing, people love snacks... i'd of believed Rolex to go under before Hostess did. Everyone eats snack cakes, not everyone owns a rolex.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/eight-retailers-that-will-close-the-most-stores-173320796.html

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 1 of 17 (243 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18768 posts

Re: Goodbye, Gamestops and Best Buys,

Feb 3, 2013
They aren't going away for good. They're closing some of their stores because of lost revenue.

They aren't going anywhere.
Message 2 of 17 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Feb 3, 2013

They need to step up their online game if they want to compete with Amazon and stay relevant for the future.

~REVOLUTION_IS_MY_NAME~
Message 3 of 17 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2062 posts

Feb 3, 2013

I shop at BestBuy because there "Product Returns" cant be matched.  I buy warranty with the products i get, they never had a problem getting me a refund of 100% of purchase price or exchange.  I only purchase stuff there that you cant get cheaper like New games, Movies, my PsVita , stuff like that.  Though some prices are way over the top, like a $50 HDMI cable.

I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 4 of 17 (185 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

Alot of retail businesses are useless nowadays. 

But to me there is no better way to shop than going into a store and shopping one on one. 

Though i hate the best buy associates. 

But good riddance. 

Not that ive ever stepped into one or experienced but glad to see less hipster and yuppie  hang out spots like bookstores. 

Now if only starbucks suffered the same fate. I'll be a happy individual for that. 

- Restless Dreams.
Message 5 of 17 (180 Views)
Fender Bender
3328 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Kind of was expecting this. Everything today is now "Online shopping." Not sad for Gamestop and Bestbuy, on the other hand, I am a little disappointed that Radioshack and Barnes and Noble. I really enjoy going to a good bookstore, now that seems it will be a thing of the past. Also, RS is still a good store, I went there a long time ago and it really was an enjoyable experience, even though the store seems a little old now.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 6 of 17 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2062 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Shopping online is great, but if my product fails I would rather take it back to the store to get same day replacement if possible.  Rather than sending it out waiting 2 weeks, just to get the wrong thing and having to send it back out again.

I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 7 of 17 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Lol at the radio shack comments. 

Makes me think of a simpsons episode where the simpsons family is searching for somebody.. 

Lisa lets out a joke about all the old and useless stores and she suggests she head and start her search over to radio shack. 

- Restless Dreams.
Message 8 of 17 (160 Views)
Sackboy
409 posts

Feb 3, 2013

chicagotops wrote:

Lol at the radio shack comments. 

Makes me think of a simpsons episode where the simpsons family is searching for somebody.. 

Lisa lets out a joke about all the old and useless stores and she suggests she head and start her search over to radio shack. 

thought the samething, didn't meen to hit "Accept Solution," just wanted to reply... hope they don't close this tread thinking my ? was answered :mantongue:

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 9 of 17 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 3, 2013

U can hit the post options on the top of the post and remove it. 

But i think its relevant. 

Thats my only thought when i think radio shack. Lisa's commentary. 

- Restless Dreams.
Message 10 of 17 (130 Views)
0 Likes