Feb 14 2011
By: gaby0011 Hekseville Citizen 428 posts

Good guitar effect pedals?

2 replies 39 views Edited Feb 14, 2011

Ive been looking for some multi effect guitar pedals and I would like a recomendation thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1415 posts

Re: Good guitar effect pedals?

Sep 14, 2012

Wah is a really great type of pedal, especially if you're looking into playing some Jimi Hendrix music.

Also used a lot in thrash metal like Metallica, notably in "Enter Sandman" during Kirk Hammett's legendary solo.

If you're into having an echo effect in your music, or just something to add depth and creativity, pick up a delay pedal.

Flanger is good if you want to have a bit of a techno flare in your guitar.

And, of course, you can't beat a solid distortion pedal. DS-1 makes some great pedals, and if you are looking for wah, pick up a Crybaby Classic.

Message 2 of 3 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Re: Good guitar effect pedals?

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2012

why go with single pedals get a multi effect processor then you have more options just make sure you get one with a foot switch to go thru your presets. I like Digitech myself mine are in cabinet but you can get models that sit on the floor and have built in Wah Wahs. I dont use single pedals anymore just because to get what sound I want I have to many of them so I built a cabinet with digital recording systems and multi effect processing units all in the same rack, this does drive up the price though depends alot on what sound you are going for and how much you want to spend. If you are going with single pedals Ive had good luck with DOD in the past, i would stay clear of Darelectro pedals they dont hold up well but are very cheap.

Message 3 of 3 (36 Views)
0 Likes