Treasure Hunter
5928 posts

Re: GoW made the top 10 games in Japan?!?

Jan 26, 2007

JDplasma11 wrote:

501st_Legion wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

NintendoTogepi wrote:

Al2x wrote:
What's wrong with Gears? It's just showin a little Japanese love...

At least they didn't butcher Gears like they butchered Half-Life 2.

I actually always wanted to try that out. Too bad there's no arcades in the US

There are some arcades...but they are extremely rare.

Anyways, that didn't butcher HL2...the imbecilic enemies, mundane combat, and the cut content were what hurt it.  Half Life 2 Cut Content
In short: Half Life 1 > Half Life 2

I always wondered what happened to that blue thing. It was in one of the first trailers but never in the game

I still loved both HL2 and 1 about the same. Both games have stellar gameplay and story

I really loved Half Life 1, it was creative, the weapons were well designed and the enemies actually did pose a threat to me.  The second one...well I'm not even going to comment on how the Combine tried to be a threat, but became merely a minor annoyance.  Badly organized, sloppy tactics, too many short ranged weapons, and a lack of heavy support. Striders are just about the only thing they have that can put up a decent fight.

I probably have this feeling as I played Half Life 2 right after some Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six games...after you play tactical shooters, the other FPSs just don't seem the same.

Message Edited by 501st_Legion on 01-25-2007 10:17 PM
Message 41 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2059 posts

Jan 26, 2007

501st_Legion wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

501st_Legion wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

NintendoTogepi wrote:

Al2x wrote:

Anyways, that didn't butcher HL2...the imbecilic enemies, mundane combat, and the cut content were what hurt it.  Half Life 2 Cut Content

I always wondered what happened to that blue thing. It was in one of the first trailers but never in the game

I still loved both HL2 and 1 about the same. Both games have stellar gameplay and story

I really loved Half Life 1, it was creative, the weapons were well designed and the enemies actually did pose a threat to me.  The second one...well I'm not even going to comment on how the Combine tried to be a threat, but became merely a minor annoyance.  Badly organized, sloppy tactics, too many short ranged weapons, and a lack of heavy support. Striders are just about the only thing they have that can put up a decent fight.

I probably have this feeling as I played Half Life 2 right after some Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six games...after you play tactical shooters, the other FPSs just don't seem the same.

Hahaha...oh wait you're serious.

The enemes in Half-Life are EASY. EASY.
Message 42 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5928 posts

Jan 26, 2007

NintendoTogepi wrote:

501st_Legion wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

501st_Legion wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

NintendoTogepi wrote:

Al2x wrote:

Hahaha...oh wait you're serious.

The enemes in Half-Life are EASY. EASY.

That's how I feel about 2....just that they're pathetically easy in the second one.
Message 43 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6531 posts

Jan 26, 2007

Clinton514 wrote:

DISbCHR1S wrote:
no ps3 games on the list?

It's a weekly update. The list can change again by Monday. PS3 games were on the weekly lists during the launch period. Things have obviously cooled down.

Look at Wii Sports, they haven't cooled down...
Message 44 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Jan 26, 2007

SlyTheBoss wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

DISbCHR1S wrote:

It's a weekly update. The list can change again by Monday. PS3 games were on the weekly lists during the launch period. Things have obviously cooled down.

I didn't know Wii Sports was sold seprately. I thought it was only available by purchasing the console.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Message 45 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6531 posts

Jan 26, 2007

Clinton514 wrote:

SlyTheBoss wrote:

Clinton514 wrote:

DISbCHR1S wrote:

I didn't know Wii Sports was sold seprately. I thought it was only available by purchasing the console.

In Japan it's sold separately. Great deal for us North American. I only hope I can grab one before the 'deal' ends.

Message 46 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Jan 26, 2007

NintendoTogepi wrote:

Bgamer wrote:

NintendoTogepi wrote:
That's amazing, Japanese hates shooters.

...it's also amazing that a shooter as crappy as that would sell.

lol... you are hilarious.
What? Gears of War is a terrible shooter. There are much better shooters i.e. Half-Life, F.E.A.R. (just remembered that's a Xbox 360 game too), Half-Life 2 and others. That is your opinion...

anyways first you had blue dragon, the viva pinata, and now this. Seems that Japan is slowing opening it's arms to the 360. We will see what happens in the future.
I wouldn't hold my breath...three games...yipee. In a country where xbox was doomed from the start it's actually really good. Stop "hatin' " lol

Message Edited by Bgamer on 01-25-2007 02:55 PM

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 47 of 47 (2 Views)
0 Likes