Fender Bender
4146 posts

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007
no but it a comon fact my professors are fond of scaring there class with. and its an even biger thret now that the world is smaller.  by which i mean planes and cars and whatall.  a particularly virulent disease could spread worldwide in a matter of hours. 
its my life, its not worth fighting for.  its my dream, its not worth living for
Message 81 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4146 posts

Feb 5, 2007

Gavi wrote:
Ok, I can see that many people are going down the 'it was warmer back in the olden days'.

Well for all of those people, would they mind telling me what the global population was back then?

This is where your problem is. The problem is Global Population!

Simple fact, there are too many. What are we at now? 5-6 billion and predicting to rise to 9 billion. Have there ever been this many people on the planet before, in harms way of Mother Nature.

Yes, there were major floods, storms, heatwaves and droughts before, but were they affecting millions of people?

Answers please................

its almost useless man.  the people here call me all sorts of an idiot when i post about this topic, when im probably one of the more qualified to disguss it. 
its my life, its not worth fighting for.  its my dream, its not worth living for
Message 82 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Feb 5, 2007

AminitaVerosa wrote:
no but it a comon fact my professors are fond of scaring there class with. and its an even biger thret now that the world is smaller.  by which i mean planes and cars and whatall.  a particularly virulent disease could spread worldwide in a matter of hours. 

That's my point.

Global Warming has the potential to create a larger impact than what it did before because we now have 5-6 billion people on the planet using up all its resources.

Does anyone think it's possible to sustain life on earth for every civilian, if we reach 9 billion with dwindling energry resources and mounting pressure on the environment caused by climate change?
PSN: Gavi
Feel free to add me to your friends list.

Games Owned: Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Singstar, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, GTA IV, Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk, , Call of Duty 4, Folklore, Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet &; Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgment.

PSN Games: Super Stardust HD, Pain, Wipeout HD, Flow, High Velocity Bowling, Calling All Cars, Lemmings, High Stakes Poker, Aquatopia, Lumines Supernova.
Message 83 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4146 posts

Feb 5, 2007

Gavi wrote:

AminitaVerosa wrote:

That's my point.

Global Warming has the potential to create a larger impact than what it did before because we now have 5-6 billion people on the planet using up all its resources.

Does anyone think it's possible to sustain life on earth for every civilian, if we reach 9 billion with dwindling energry resources and mounting pressure on the environment caused by climate change?

no
Message 84 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9674 posts

Feb 5, 2007

CoreyH wrote:
Why do people continue to try to stop it? it cant be stoped. people dont know that when the earths core cools it makes the magnetic field around the earth go away which lets solar flares and more uv rays to come through, thats why mars is like it is.

you are so amazingly wrong its not even funny.  Yes it can be stopped, and no it has nothing to do with the earths core cooling.
also, the magnetic field of the earth isnt what stops uv rays, the ozone layer does that. Take a science class before you make stuff up, this is how rumors start,

Message 85 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Feb 5, 2007

AminitaVerosa wrote:

Gavi wrote:
Ok, I can see that many people are going down the 'it was warmer back in the olden days'.

Well for all of those people, would they mind telling me what the global population was back then?

This is where your problem is. The problem is Global Population!

Simple fact, there are too many. What are we at now? 5-6 billion and predicting to rise to 9 billion. Have there ever been this many people on the planet before, in harms way of Mother Nature.

Yes, there were major floods, storms, heatwaves and droughts before, but were they affecting millions of people?

Answers please................

its almost useless man.  the people here call me all sorts of an idiot when i post about this topic, when im probably one of the more qualified to disguss it. 

I know how you must feel, I've noticed a growing trend of denial from nearly everyone on here towards the topic. I have read a number of books on the topic and always keep up to date with the latest news on this topic.

I just think there's so much junk science been spread by the opposition to cloud the issue and distort people's minds.

Again, I go back to the global population issue and I wonder why people are mentioning the vikings, romans or the dinosaurs for that matter. The simple fact that no one is saying is that the number of people on earth now is the important issue at stake.

It's almost going to be like a war between civilization and The Earth (Gaia as she is known to some) and who do you think will win honestly?

Games Owned: Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Singstar, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, GTA IV, Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk, , Call of Duty 4, Folklore, Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet &; Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgment.

PSN Games: Super Stardust HD, Pain, Wipeout HD, Flow, High Velocity Bowling, Calling All Cars, Lemmings, High Stakes Poker, Aquatopia, Lumines Supernova.
Message 86 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9674 posts

Feb 5, 2007

Masta Squidge wrote:

CoreyH wrote:
Why do people continue to try to stop it? it cant be stoped. people dont know that when the earths core cools it makes the magnetic field around the earth go away which lets solar flares and more uv rays to come through, thats why mars is like it is.

you are so amazingly wrong its not even funny.  Yes it can be stopped, and no it has nothing to do with the earths core cooling.
also, the magnetic field of the earth isnt what stops uv rays, the ozone layer does that. Take a science class before you make stuff up, this is how rumors start,

i dont think anyone has bothered to point out how wrong the OP is...
Message 87 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4146 posts

Feb 5, 2007
not even just junk science but political science.  global warming is bad for the economy, thus, it dosnt exist cause you dont get more capitalistic than we are
Message 88 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Feb 5, 2007

AminitaVerosa wrote:
not even just junk science but political science.  global warming is bad for the economy, thus, it dosnt exist cause you dont get more capitalistic than we are

There are a lot of people in power now in the US that are taking the lead on the issue like McCain & Libermann, Pelosi even Schwarzenegger as Governor of California is looking to tackle the problem.

Obviously it must be clear to everyone by now that the the Bush administration has had no intention of tackling the problem due to it's ties to the oil industry and well hopefully the next President will be someone who makes a sweeping change on the issue.

Even once the US gets on board though, it's difficult to know what to do about China and India since they are developing countries and they need cheap fuel to boost their economies.

Message 89 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18853 posts

Feb 5, 2007

AminitaVerosa wrote:

Global warming was invented by Al gore. People have pointed out just how strange Al Gore is.
 photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 90 of 104 (0 Views)
0 Likes