Treasure Hunter
9122 posts

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007

PALADIN262 wrote:

Gavi wrote:
The rate of CO2 increase in the atmosphere is now 200 times faster than at any time in the last 650,000 years and between 1750-2003 the level of CO2 increased from 280ppm to 375ppm and is forecasted to increase to 550ppm+.

You have to factor in also postive feedback loops which are difficult to predict like the release of huge amounts of methane from the sea floor which could lead to runaway global warming.

....and how do we know these Co2 levels that are thousands of years old? The Atmosphere is not completely transparent and can be very localized therefore the areas above the poles (where most ice core samples are collected) are probably misleading as to ancient Co2 levels....this whole thing is about hype and money for the politicians and scientists.

remember that ice core Chart i showed on page 5. the Co2/Heat Fluxtuated. and somehow the heat was quite high befor we added any Co2 into the atmosphere.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingWe Dig Giant Robots!!!!
Message 71 of 104 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2501 posts

Feb 5, 2007

InfurnoASH wrote:

PALADIN262 wrote:

InfurnoASH wrote:

PALADIN262 wrote:
CO2 is not a pollutant and our current activities are not causing these "warming" trends (I use quotes cause the midwest is damn cold). For as much as we pollute and release Co2 into the atmosphere we release just as much particulate matter which actually cool the earth. This planet along with many others in our solar system has been warming for years. You cannot say that because it has grown warmer in the past century that this is a massive warming trend. The Earth is billions of years old, one hundred years is indicatave of absoultely nothing. What caused the end of they Ice Age? Not Co2 admissons, that for sure.....and BTW..lets not forget that some of the scientists who are now warning of global warming are the same that warned us of a global cooling that would cause an Ice Age in the late 70s. More Hype = more funding...its that simple...they are doing this for the $$$.     Yeah and Al Gore... how can you not believe the man that invented the internet and single handidly defeated Man-Bear-Pig. The man is a God among Mortals. J/K hes fulla **bleep**

Yes. exactly Co2 is a natural Gas. but our useing it is simply helping the natural prossesses. Volcanic activity. Forist Fires and so on also emit Co2. and we can't regulate when Killawaya's gonna blow.

I think the world just stabilized itself out. But Co2 had something to do with it. it is what keeps the earth warm without it we would be no better of then HOTH.

ha ha.

HEY!!! whats wrong with Hoth!?!? If global wariming lets us get some real life Wampas then by all means lets go out and do some polluting.

Nothing and thanks for making my day. but to get Earth like Hoth we have to eliminate Co2 and Methain Gas from our Atmoshpere. then any energy from the sun will be bounced away and the earth would be thrown into a deep freeze. and I would rather have earth more like Kassike so we can have wookiees

Wookies...Wookies!!!! You Fool!!!! Sure wookies are cool but do you know what they bring? Trandoshans thats what. Once they come looking for the wookies you'll forget about your little "Global Warming" quick....
 they're mean frog men
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 72 of 104 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Feb 5, 2007

Slapshot55 wrote:

Gavi wrote:
The rate of CO2 increase in the atmosphere is now 200 times faster than at any time in the last 650,000 years and between 1750-2003 the level of CO2 increased from 280ppm to 375ppm and is forecasted to increase to 550ppm+.

You have to factor in also postive feedback loops which are difficult to predict like the release of huge amounts of methane from the sea floor which could lead to runaway global warming.

At 368 parts per million CO2 is a minor constituent of earth's atmosphere-- less than 4/100ths of 1% of all gases present. Compared to former geologic times, earth's current atmosphere is CO2- impoverished.

As a student of this topic, I've quickly come to realise that both sides are going to throw their own propaganda at each other to counter each other. I appreciate your link and will take time to read through it.

If this is how meagre civilians are with this topic, then imagine what it must be like for governments when tackling this issue, an absolute nightmare.

There are going to be winners and losers no doubt, but I still maintain that looking after the environment is only going to do better for man.

I also though, can envisage that some research or supporters of global warming may have their own motives like pushing new technology and getting grants for further reasearch, but the same could be said of the lobbyist groups of oil,gas and coal companies that are creating the junk science to debunk what the global warming scientists are proving.
PSN: Gavi
Feel free to add me to your friends list.

Games Owned: Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Singstar, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, GTA IV, Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk, , Call of Duty 4, Folklore, Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet &; Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgment.

PSN Games: Super Stardust HD, Pain, Wipeout HD, Flow, High Velocity Bowling, Calling All Cars, Lemmings, High Stakes Poker, Aquatopia, Lumines Supernova.
Message 73 of 104 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9122 posts

Feb 5, 2007

PALADIN262 wrote:

Wookies...Wookies!!!! You Fool!!!! Sure wookies are cool but do you know what they bring? Trandoshans thats what. Once they come looking for the wookies you'll forget about your little "Global Warming" quick....
 they're mean frog men

ha ha ha. oh man that's so funny. lets make Hoth then. Blow up yellowstone and remove all the Co2 and methain. and hopefully we don't make Geonocise in the prosses.
Message 74 of 104 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2501 posts

Feb 5, 2007

InfurnoASH wrote:

PALADIN262 wrote:

they're mean frog men

ha ha ha. oh man that's so funny. lets make Hoth then. Blow up yellowstone and remove all the Co2 and methain. and hopefully we don't make Geonocise in the prosses.

Ok that sounds strait....hopefully we wont evolve into winged reptiloids w/sonic blasters that get pwnd by jedis but hey whatever
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 75 of 104 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19119 posts

Feb 5, 2007
Global warming, pfftt. Even the temperature readings from 150-50 years ago weren't that accurate when temperature recordings first began. When the temperature readings first began, we were still in a mini ice age. This is the reason why we are so worried about global warming, from our recovery from a mini ice age. There's absolutely no reason to be worried about Global warming too when the vikings had a warmer climate than we have. The Glaciers too were much smaller then compared to now.
 photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 76 of 104 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3229 posts

Feb 5, 2007
id be more worried about a war than global warming
Message 77 of 104 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4146 posts

Feb 5, 2007

SONYLOYALIST wrote:

the human race is most likely going to die out from disease.  thats our bigest thret at the moment.  a pandemic at this point in time would decimate us.  but im cool with that, cause its what the earth really needs, and the earth will regulate itsself.  the only real way to deal with global warming is to kill off the human race.  did you know that 99.8% of all life on earth, of all the species weve had, are extinct?  almost 100%  accept it
its my life, its not worth fighting for.  its my dream, its not worth living for
Message 78 of 104 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9122 posts

Feb 5, 2007

AminitaVerosa wrote:

SONYLOYALIST wrote:

the human race is most likely going to die out from disease.  thats our bigest thret at the moment.  a pandemic at this point in time would decimate us.  but im cool with that, cause its what the earth really needs, and the earth will regulate itsself.  the only real way to deal with global warming is to kill off the human race.  did you know that 99.8% of all life on earth, of all the species weve had, are extinct?  almost 100%  accept it

that covored 3 mass extenctions. but do you have a link?
Message 79 of 104 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Feb 5, 2007
Ok, I can see that many people are going down the 'it was warmer back in the olden days'.

Well for all of those people, would they mind telling me what the global population was back then?

This is where your problem is. The problem is Global Population!

Simple fact, there are too many. What are we at now? 5-6 billion and predicting to rise to 9 billion. Have there ever been this many people on the planet before, in harms way of Mother Nature.

Yes, there were major floods, storms, heatwaves and droughts before, but were they affecting millions of people?

Answers please................
PSN: Gavi
Feel free to add me to your friends list.

Games Owned: Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Singstar, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, GTA IV, Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk, , Call of Duty 4, Folklore, Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet &; Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgment.

PSN Games: Super Stardust HD, Pain, Wipeout HD, Flow, High Velocity Bowling, Calling All Cars, Lemmings, High Stakes Poker, Aquatopia, Lumines Supernova.
Message 80 of 104 (3 Views)
0 Likes