Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/25/2006
Offline
1757 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007


PSP_FAN_4567 wrote:
I dont care about global warming when it happens I will be dead.


It happened yesterday, it's happening as I type, and unless there's some sort or miracle it will happen tomorrow and the next day and so on and so forth.
Message 51 of 104 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/12/2005
Offline
6909 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007


Foxgirl wrote:


InfurnoASH wrote:


Foxgirl wrote:


InfurnoASH wrote:


Foxgirl wrote:


CoreyH wrote:
Why do people continue to try to stop it? it cant be stoped. people dont know that when the earths core cools it makes the magnetic field around the earth go away which lets solar flares and more uv rays to come through, thats why mars is like it is.



Yah, I know,you can't stop it but you can slow it down.  And frankly I want the human race to live a few more hundred years


Global warming won't kill off the humans. We will adapt. and who knows maby we will be better off in a warmer world. he Dinos had no icecaps on the poles and the entiere world had more of a Rainforist like enviroment.


 

Sadly, I disagree. Won't the polar ice caps melt and flood the Earth?




if a 22 foot increase "which i find highly exagerated" is flooding the earth. Yes it will.



Okay then.


huh?  I live at like, 4,000 ft above sea level (southern california), so I don't think that's flooding the earth.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 52 of 104 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/13/2005
Offline
4991 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007


InfurnoASH wrote:


Gavi wrote:
Global Warming won't just put an end to winter overnight. Winters will go on being cold for many years to come, but you should look at the overall picture and in particular at current trends not single events.
 
The facts speak louder than words in this case.
 
The earth is warmer than at any time in the past 1,000 years (Dow & Downing, p.35 'The Atlas of Climate Change' 2006).
 
 



1000 years? yah that's nothing compaired to the earths age. a couple billian or something. we are comeing out of an Iceage. technicly were are still in an ice age. "meaning 1 or both poles have Ice covering for the whole year. the earth has been much warmer befor. the dino's were awfully happy even without Ice Caps.



True, We are coming out of an ice age and we are in something of an interglacial age right now. Thus, natural factors would be pushing up the temperatures and the sea levels would be rising as the glaciers and ice caps melt.
 
However, due to man's involvement, we are speeding up the process and it's getting out of control.
 
Look at the predictions of CO2 in the atmosphere and the relationship between CO2 in the atmposphere and global temperatures. Basically when there is more CO2 in the atmosphere, the temperature increases because more heat from the sun is trapped inside. 
 
 
PSN: Gavi
Feel free to add me to your friends list.

Games Owned: Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Singstar, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, GTA IV, Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk, , Call of Duty 4, Folklore, Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet &; Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgment.

PSN Games: Super Stardust HD, Pain, Wipeout HD, Flow, High Velocity Bowling, Calling All Cars, Lemmings, High Stakes Poker, Aquatopia, Lumines Supernova.
Message 53 of 104 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 02/20/2006
Offline
2461 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007


CoreyH wrote:
Why do people continue to try to stop it? it cant be stoped. people dont know that when the earths core cools it makes the magnetic field around the earth go away which lets solar flares and more uv rays to come through, thats why mars is like it is.


...because I would rather stall it than have it happen earlier. That's like saying "why not just kill urself if you're going to die anyway"

and conan is not funny at all

The views expressed in this message are in no way the official views of the Xbox 360 and are of a personal nature.
Message 54 of 104 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/23/2003
Offline
4814 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007


Slapshot55 wrote:


Foxgirl wrote:


InfurnoASH wrote:


Foxgirl wrote:


InfurnoASH wrote:


Foxgirl wrote:


CoreyH wrote:
Why do people continue to try to stop it? it cant be stoped. people dont know that when the earths core cools it makes the magnetic field around the earth go away which lets solar flares and more uv rays to come through, thats why mars is like it is.



Yah, I know,you can't stop it but you can slow it down.  And frankly I want the human race to live a few more hundred years


Global warming won't kill off the humans. We will adapt. and who knows maby we will be better off in a warmer world. he Dinos had no icecaps on the poles and the entiere world had more of a Rainforist like enviroment.


 

Sadly, I disagree. Won't the polar ice caps melt and flood the Earth?




if a 22 foot increase "which i find highly exagerated" is flooding the earth. Yes it will.



Okay then.


huh?  I live at like, 4,000 ft above sea level (southern california), so I don't think that's flooding the earth.


so you're pretty much saying "forget about all the people who make our products in shanghair and beijing, forget all the people who live in india, forget about norway, forget about manhattan, forget about everybody...it's all about me, i'll live. but everyone else can die."....?
Message 55 of 104 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/27/2005
Offline
9122 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007


PALADIN262 wrote:
CO2 is not a pollutant and our current activities are not causing these "warming" trends (I use quotes cause the midwest is damn cold). For as much as we pollute and release Co2 into the atmosphere we release just as much particulate matter which actually cool the earth. This planet along with many others in our solar system has been warming for years. You cannot say that because it has grown warmer in the past century that this is a massive warming trend. The Earth is billions of years old, one hundred years is indicatave of absoultely nothing. What caused the end of they Ice Age? Not Co2 admissons, that for sure.....and BTW..lets not forget that some of the scientists who are now warning of global warming are the same that warned us of a global cooling that would cause an Ice Age in the late 70s. More Hype = more funding...its that simple...they are doing this for the $$$.     Yeah and Al Gore... how can you not believe the man that invented the internet and single handidly defeated Man-Bear-Pig. The man is a God among Mortals. J/K hes fulla **bleep**



Yes. exactly Co2 is a natural Gas. but our useing it is simply helping the natural prossesses. Volcanic activity. Forist Fires and so on also emit Co2. and we can't regulate when Killawaya's gonna blow.
 
I think the world just stabilized itself out. But Co2 had something to do with it. it is what keeps the earth warm without it we would be no better of then HOTH.
 
ha ha.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingWe Dig Giant Robots!!!!
Message 56 of 104 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/12/2005
Offline
6909 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007


sdobbs20 wrote:


Slapshot55 wrote:


Foxgirl wrote:


InfurnoASH wrote:


Foxgirl wrote:


InfurnoASH wrote:


Foxgirl wrote:


CoreyH wrote:
Why do people continue to try to stop it? it cant be stoped. people dont know that when the earths core cools it makes the magnetic field around the earth go away which lets solar flares and more uv rays to come through, thats why mars is like it is.



Yah, I know,you can't stop it but you can slow it down.  And frankly I want the human race to live a few more hundred years


Global warming won't kill off the humans. We will adapt. and who knows maby we will be better off in a warmer world. he Dinos had no icecaps on the poles and the entiere world had more of a Rainforist like enviroment.


 

Sadly, I disagree. Won't the polar ice caps melt and flood the Earth?




if a 22 foot increase "which i find highly exagerated" is flooding the earth. Yes it will.



Okay then.


huh?  I live at like, 4,000 ft above sea level (southern california), so I don't think that's flooding the earth.


so you're pretty much saying "forget about all the people who make our products in shanghair and beijing, forget all the people who live in india, forget about norway, forget about manhattan, forget about everybody...it's all about me, i'll live. but everyone else can die."....?


Did you read what I was responding to, or are you just retarded?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 57 of 104 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/05/2006
Offline
2501 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007


Gavi wrote:


InfurnoASH wrote:


Gavi wrote:
Global Warming won't just put an end to winter overnight. Winters will go on being cold for many years to come, but you should look at the overall picture and in particular at current trends not single events.
 
The facts speak louder than words in this case.
 
The earth is warmer than at any time in the past 1,000 years (Dow & Downing, p.35 'The Atlas of Climate Change' 2006).
 
 



1000 years? yah that's nothing compaired to the earths age. a couple billian or something. we are comeing out of an Iceage. technicly were are still in an ice age. "meaning 1 or both poles have Ice covering for the whole year. the earth has been much warmer befor. the dino's were awfully happy even without Ice Caps.



True, We are coming out of an ice age and we are in something of an interglacial age right now. Thus, natural factors would be pushing up the temperatures and the sea levels would be rising as the glaciers and ice caps melt.
 
However, due to man's involvement, we are speeding up the process and it's getting out of control.
 
Look at the predictions of CO2 in the atmosphere and the relationship between CO2 in the atmposphere and global temperatures. Basically when there is more CO2 in the atmosphere, the temperature increases because more heat from the sun is trapped inside. 
 
 



I hate this bull**bleep** logic....I saw a fat person eating junk food...therefore being fat makes people eat junk food? no junk food makes people fat. The two things are completely unrelated....we release just as much if not more particulate matter which cools the Earth. The co2 argument is null
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 58 of 104 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/27/2005
Offline
9122 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007


Kalelx2x2 wrote:


PSP_FAN_4567 wrote:
I dont care about global warming when it happens I will be dead.


It happened yesterday, it's happening as I type, and unless there's some sort or miracle it will happen tomorrow and the next day and so on and so forth.



technically it's been happening ever since the Glacier Covering Northern Minnesota Started receding.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingWe Dig Giant Robots!!!!
Message 59 of 104 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/05/2006
Offline
2501 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007


InfurnoASH wrote:


PALADIN262 wrote:
CO2 is not a pollutant and our current activities are not causing these "warming" trends (I use quotes cause the midwest is damn cold). For as much as we pollute and release Co2 into the atmosphere we release just as much particulate matter which actually cool the earth. This planet along with many others in our solar system has been warming for years. You cannot say that because it has grown warmer in the past century that this is a massive warming trend. The Earth is billions of years old, one hundred years is indicatave of absoultely nothing. What caused the end of they Ice Age? Not Co2 admissons, that for sure.....and BTW..lets not forget that some of the scientists who are now warning of global warming are the same that warned us of a global cooling that would cause an Ice Age in the late 70s. More Hype = more funding...its that simple...they are doing this for the $$$.     Yeah and Al Gore... how can you not believe the man that invented the internet and single handidly defeated Man-Bear-Pig. The man is a God among Mortals. J/K hes fulla **bleep**



Yes. exactly Co2 is a natural Gas. but our useing it is simply helping the natural prossesses. Volcanic activity. Forist Fires and so on also emit Co2. and we can't regulate when Killawaya's gonna blow.
 
I think the world just stabilized itself out. But Co2 had something to do with it. it is what keeps the earth warm without it we would be no better of then HOTH.
 
ha ha.



HEY!!! whats wrong with Hoth!?!? If global wariming lets us get some real life Wampas then by all means lets go out and do some polluting.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 60 of 104 (0 Views)
Reply
0 Likes