Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/27/2005
Offline
9122 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007


Gavi wrote:
Global Warming won't just put an end to winter overnight. Winters will go on being cold for many years to come, but you should look at the overall picture and in particular at current trends not single events.
 
The facts speak louder than words in this case.
 
The earth is warmer than at any time in the past 1,000 years (Dow & Downing, p.35 'The Atlas of Climate Change' 2006).
 
 



1000 years? yah that's nothing compaired to the earths age. a couple billian or something. we are comeing out of an Iceage. technicly were are still in an ice age. "meaning 1 or both poles have Ice covering for the whole year. the earth has been much warmer befor. the dino's were awfully happy even without Ice Caps.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingWe Dig Giant Robots!!!!
Message 41 of 104 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/23/2003
Offline
4814 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007


Moth_Guen wrote:
Stop making global warming threads! Its unstopable, we get it!

it IS stoppable. please, go watch "An Inconvenient Truth." it will move you drastically. everything you believe about global warming is a misconception. we are causing global warming. given that the earth does go through cycles of highs and lows, we have exceeded the average high (as a matter of fact, it isn't even close, like 3x as much) of CO2 emissions.

go visit this site.

rethink this, i ask you to. don't you want your kids to live?


Message Edited by sdobbs20 on 02-04-2007 07:41 PM
Message 42 of 104 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/13/2005
Offline
4991 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007


PALADIN262 wrote:


Gavi wrote:
Global Warming won't just put an end to winter overnight. Winters will go on being cold for many years to come, but you should look at the overall picture and in particular at current trends not single events.
 
The facts speak louder than words in this case.
 
The earth is warmer than at any time in the past 1,000 years (Dow & Downing, p.35 'The Atlas of Climate Change' 2006).
 
 


sorry nope...they were growing grapes and making wine in northern England back in the 12th century....much warmer back then....and they werent admitting Co2...oh yea...and Mars has been warming for years and there are no humans polluting there....


Do you have a link or a source to that?
 
Oh and that Medievil warming period you refer to "was tiny compared to the enormous increases in temperature in the last half century."
(Gore, 2006).
PSN: Gavi
Feel free to add me to your friends list.

Games Owned: Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Singstar, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, GTA IV, Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk, , Call of Duty 4, Folklore, Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet &; Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgment.

PSN Games: Super Stardust HD, Pain, Wipeout HD, Flow, High Velocity Bowling, Calling All Cars, Lemmings, High Stakes Poker, Aquatopia, Lumines Supernova.
Message 43 of 104 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/07/2006
Offline
1016 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007


InfurnoASH wrote:


Foxgirl wrote:


CoreyH wrote:
Why do people continue to try to stop it? it cant be stoped. people dont know that when the earths core cools it makes the magnetic field around the earth go away which lets solar flares and more uv rays to come through, thats why mars is like it is.



Yah, I know,you can't stop it but you can slow it down.  And frankly I want the human race to live a few more hundred years


Global warming won't kill off the humans. We will adapt. and who knows maby we will be better off in a warmer world. he Dinos had no icecaps on the poles and the entiere world had more of a Rainforist like enviroment.


 

Sadly, I disagree. Won't the polar ice caps melt and flood the Earth?

To the **bleep** who hacked my file and put a post that was a lie about me I will get you and make you pay untill every single cell in and on you body is in complete and extream PAIIIIIIIIN......**eyes turn into assasin eyes**
Message 44 of 104 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/12/2005
Offline
6909 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007


CoreyH wrote:
Why do people continue to try to stop it? it cant be stoped. people dont know that when the earths core cools it makes the magnetic field around the earth go away which lets solar flares and more uv rays to come through, thats why mars is like it is.



When the earths core cools?  Wow, like a 2 degree temperature drop is going to counter all that pressure in the center of the earth.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 45 of 104 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/27/2005
Offline
9122 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007


Gavi wrote:


PALADIN262 wrote:


Gavi wrote:
Global Warming won't just put an end to winter overnight. Winters will go on being cold for many years to come, but you should look at the overall picture and in particular at current trends not single events.
 
The facts speak louder than words in this case.
 
The earth is warmer than at any time in the past 1,000 years (Dow & Downing, p.35 'The Atlas of Climate Change' 2006).
 
 


sorry nope...they were growing grapes and making wine in northern England back in the 12th century....much warmer back then....and they werent admitting Co2...oh yea...and Mars has been warming for years and there are no humans polluting there....


Do you have a link or a source to that?
 
Oh and that Medievil warming period you refer to "was tiny compared to the enormous increases in temperature in the last half century."
(Gore, 2006).



 
knotice the fluxtuation. of Co2 and Heat. also knotice that the tempretures were much warmer befor we made Co2 raise any
 
this chart is a load of balony. it's only a 20% increase on a gas that makes up a little more then 1/4 of whats remaining after the 99% Nitrogen/Oxyogen mix.
 
but i find this thing funny. you can see the musclecar era and the EPA dampening on Vehicle emishions also the Start of the SUV/Truck craze.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingWe Dig Giant Robots!!!!
Message 46 of 104 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/05/2006
Offline
2501 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007
CO2 is not a pollutant and our current activities are not causing these "warming" trends (I use quotes cause the midwest is damn cold). For as much as we pollute and release Co2 into the atmosphere we release just as much particulate matter which actually cool the earth. This planet along with many others in our solar system has been warming for years. You cannot say that because it has grown warmer in the past century that this is a massive warming trend. The Earth is billions of years old, one hundred years is indicatave of absoultely nothing. What caused the end of they Ice Age? Not Co2 admissons, that for sure.....and BTW..lets not forget that some of the scientists who are now warning of global warming are the same that warned us of a global cooling that would cause an Ice Age in the late 70s. More Hype = more funding...its that simple...they are doing this for the $$$.     Yeah and Al Gore... how can you not believe the man that invented the internet and single handidly defeated Man-Bear-Pig. The man is a God among Mortals. J/K hes fulla **bleep**
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 47 of 104 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/27/2005
Offline
9122 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007


Foxgirl wrote:


InfurnoASH wrote:


Foxgirl wrote:


CoreyH wrote:
Why do people continue to try to stop it? it cant be stoped. people dont know that when the earths core cools it makes the magnetic field around the earth go away which lets solar flares and more uv rays to come through, thats why mars is like it is.



Yah, I know,you can't stop it but you can slow it down.  And frankly I want the human race to live a few more hundred years


Global warming won't kill off the humans. We will adapt. and who knows maby we will be better off in a warmer world. he Dinos had no icecaps on the poles and the entiere world had more of a Rainforist like enviroment.


 

Sadly, I disagree. Won't the polar ice caps melt and flood the Earth?




if a 22 foot increase "which i find highly exagerated" is flooding the earth. Yes it will.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingWe Dig Giant Robots!!!!
Message 48 of 104 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/12/2005
Offline
6909 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007


sdobbs20 wrote:


Moth_Guen wrote:
Stop making global warming threads! Its unstopable, we get it!

it IS stoppable. please, go watch "An Inconvenient Truth." it will move you drastically. everything you believe about global warming is a misconception. we are causing global warming. given that the earth does go through cycles of highs and lows, we have exceeded the average high (as a matter of fact, it isn't even close, like 3x as much) of CO2 emissions.

go visit this site.

rethink this, i ask you to. don't you want your kids to live?


Message Edited by sdobbs20 on 02-04-2007 07:41 PM


 
"Of the 186 billion tons of CO2 that enter earth's atmosphere each year from all sources, only 6 billion tons are from human activity. Approximately 90 billion tons come from biologic activity in earth's oceans and another 90 billion tons from such sources as volcanoes and decaying land plants."
 
 
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 49 of 104 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/07/2006
Offline
1016 posts
 

Re: Global warming

Feb 5, 2007


InfurnoASH wrote:


Foxgirl wrote:


InfurnoASH wrote:


Foxgirl wrote:


CoreyH wrote:
Why do people continue to try to stop it? it cant be stoped. people dont know that when the earths core cools it makes the magnetic field around the earth go away which lets solar flares and more uv rays to come through, thats why mars is like it is.



Yah, I know,you can't stop it but you can slow it down.  And frankly I want the human race to live a few more hundred years


Global warming won't kill off the humans. We will adapt. and who knows maby we will be better off in a warmer world. he Dinos had no icecaps on the poles and the entiere world had more of a Rainforist like enviroment.


 

Sadly, I disagree. Won't the polar ice caps melt and flood the Earth?




if a 22 foot increase "which i find highly exagerated" is flooding the earth. Yes it will.



Okay then.
To the **bleep** who hacked my file and put a post that was a lie about me I will get you and make you pay untill every single cell in and on you body is in complete and extream PAIIIIIIIIN......**eyes turn into assasin eyes**
Message 50 of 104 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes