Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Re: Female Friend Wanted

Aug 26, 2014

Since you're not looking for anything in particular and you are not picky then why does gender matter?

Clearly there is a hidden message behind what you had posted..

My suggestion is to just keep doing your own thing, something / someone will come along.

Just stay active and social.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Honor means that a man is not exceptional; fame, that he is.
Fame is something which must be won; honor, only something which must not be lost."
Photobucket
Message 31 of 104 (365 Views)
I Only Post Everything
760 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2014

BRAZILIAN_GODESS wrote:
That may be true. Still don't think that's a reason to dress like a female. But, I'm big on "be who you are" so hey. I'm 100% me on and all the game. I guess it's naive of me to think other people should be that way. Then again it might be a generational thing.

Seriously doubt the majority of Home users look like their avatar. It's fantasy. I like women and I like to play as female avis. If I liked men, I'd probably have more male avis. I'm not GhostRider or Matt Berry either, but on here I can be. When I want to pretend to be in Starfleet, I may use an avi that's a little more like the real me, but even so... Home just can't come to the real me anyway. And even friends of mine who are actually female still don't look like their avis and sometimes play as male avis. I don't look like Ryu, but sometimes I use my Ryu avi.

Also, what if the person is transgendered ? And whether they are male or female IRL, they can be "themself" here on Home.

I digress.... let's say you take an interest in a super hot female avi and she really is female... what if she's not that attractive IRL and is overweight? No one seems to ever consider that possibility. Is that then also a lie?

Whether you want to be another sex, race or species... or just a more fit attractive version of yourself... WHO CARES?!!

There's tons of things more important than that which people can lie about, even if they really do look like their avatar. And I don't mean to insult anyone here using Home or who has found a special somebody through getting to know them here, but if someone was that hot and a keeper, why on earth do you think they would be looking for love here on Home in the first place?

Message 32 of 104 (358 Views)
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Aug 26, 2014
I'm not reading all of that. But you seem in your feelings about it. I actually don't care I just said I don't get it. My avatar looks just like me except it doesn't have my flat stomach and curves.but I see my "be yourself" went over your head. And that's okay because I know forums are full of negative people who likes to argue and I'm not a keyboard thumper. When I said be yourself as in , if you're a straight male, be a straight male. Everyone knows that most men on home like to talk to women and it's sorta unfair. But like I said it may be a generational thing because people my age men and women accept it but don't get it. But I'll let you be in your feelings about my opinion.
Message 33 of 104 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
716 posts

Aug 26, 2014
I think everyone misses the point that it's just a game.

I use a girl avatar almost everywhere that classy clothes and alternate male style characters don't exist. No slim guys with long hair? Picking female. Blocky guy with same strength as slim attractive female? Picking female. More clothes and hair options and more that a dozen ways to look attractive and not just swaggy? Picking female.

No, I do not catfish. If you want to talk to me, you'll hear I am a guy almost instantly. If they don't believe, I mic up and problem solve. But usually that follows with them adding me to not look stupid and then vanishing later.

The delimma doesn't change for me offline or on. If I could make girls wear really cute clothes that I want them to wear I would be a sugar daddy. Don't know any girls cool enough to bother doing that for, because it's selfish and I know it is. So I do it myself.

I hope this guy makes a few female friends. But to be fair most of the females who are obviously female through name or just being pure catty wouldn't be worth it. If he knew that or had normal intentions he may or may not have noticed that already.

Who knows.
Message 34 of 104 (304 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28891 posts

Aug 26, 2014

Xedhadeaus wrote:
But to be fair most of the females who are obviously female through name or just being pure catty wouldn't be worth it. If he knew that or had normal intentions he may or may not have noticed that already.

I think the OP does know this. I think he started this discussion to see how we'd react. I hope he's happy. If people don't "get it" after all of these years, they are lost or very young.

10-4, Eleanore. Over and out.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 35 of 104 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
397 posts

Aug 26, 2014

What does it say when you change your avatar to be a wolf, a dog, a cat, a dragon, a tree or a trash can??? ~*Sue

Message 36 of 104 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Aug 26, 2014

xx96791DEATHxx wrote:

What does it say when you change your avatar to be a wolf, a dog, a cat, a dragon, a tree or a trash can??? ~*Sue

Deep rooted psychological issues, or severe head trauma.  Smiley Wink

Message 37 of 104 (283 Views)
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Aug 26, 2014

BRAZILIAN_GODESS wrote:
I'm not reading all of that. But you seem in your feelings about it. I actually don't care I just said I don't get it. My avatar looks just like me except it doesn't have my flat stomach and curves.but I see my "be yourself" went over your head. And that's okay because I know forums are full of negative people who likes to argue and I'm not a keyboard thumper. When I said be yourself as in , if you're a straight male, be a straight male. Everyone knows that most men on home like to talk to women and it's sorta unfair. But like I said it may be a generational thing because people my age men and women accept it but don't get it. But I'll let you be in your feelings about my opinion.

"I'm not reading all of that". That's such an awesome subtle put-down (even on the off-chance it wasn't meant that way).

Message 38 of 104 (282 Views)
I Only Post Everything
760 posts

Aug 26, 2014

BRAZILIAN_GODESS wrote:

If by "generational" you mean transphobic, then yeah, I guess so.

Home is not a dating site, so it's "sorta unfair" that you can't use a female avatar without getting harassed which is why some women use a male one. And how did it "go over my head"? If someone is transgender, then they are being themselves. If someone is deliberately being dishonest, that too is them being themselves.

But I understand you don't like read. You just like to voice your bigoted opinion and attempt to make people who don't agree with you or follow your ways seem dumber than you. "But I'll let you be in your feelings about my opinion."

Message 39 of 104 (239 Views)
I Only Post Everything
760 posts

Aug 26, 2014

THE_MESSlAH_ wrote:

BRAZILIAN_GODESS wrote:

"I'm not reading all of that". That's such an awesome subtle put-down (even on the off-chance it wasn't meant that way).

^^ Not so subtle cry for attention (attempt #12)

*that was a put down btw in case it seemed too subtle.

Message 40 of 104 (238 Views)
0 Likes