Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 27 2010
By: shocker0012345 First Son 8 posts

Girl in my College Class Advice..

16 replies 1 views Edited Feb 27, 2010
What do you girls think about a guy in my situation... I know I should just go up and talk to her, but I want to get this from a girls perspective.. like what would your reaction be.

Hi so I'm a 20 year old guy and need some advice.

I take only one night class currently (community college), one day a week for around 3 hours. There is a girl in our class that is really cute and seems nice from observing, but since it is a night class most people keep to themselves. Also, because most are going to bigger universities so they tend not to be as social because they won't be attending for long.

I am not a creeper who just stares or something, but she is hard to not notice

Now I have no idea how old she is (she could be a lot older) and what if she already has a bf or very well married.. There are some that are around my age, but others who are well 5+ years to me.

Now I know most people might say to just talk to her, but its not so easy I think. I am not really shy, but it just depends on the situation and thats my problem.
I don't want it to be awkward for her or myself, we only have like 8 weeks left together. But what if she is already with someone, and like when there are breaks sometimes we leave the room, but everyone else in the room is like dead quiet. I do think the best time to talk would be when she goes out during breaks. But if she doesn't like me it will make everything awkward won't it?
I don't usually pick girls up in classes lol and I'm not like a full time student.

So its hard because sometimes you find out these community college people live far away or will be going to universities in other states!

I don't really sit near her because most people sit in the same seats, so the teacher recognizes them. If I moved seats I think people would kinda notice something was up sadly lol

I don't know much about the girls personality so I am taking a chance, but that is always the most important thing.. but she just looks kind. I just don't know how I should make a move without surprising her or making it awkward.. she really doesn't talked to anyone only answers questions in class.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5282 posts

Re: Girl in my College Class Advice..

Feb 27, 2010
You registered just to ask this?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 27, 2010

No.. but I just bought a playstation and this is the most current thing on my mind lol

im browsing through the forum to look at people opinions on games and stuff too

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Feb 27, 2010
I took that chance once....turned the rest of that semester awkard >.>
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 27, 2010

bUlGaRiAn wrote:

This is really pathetic. Not at the OP but at most of the people with stupid remarks. Its just sad how stupid most of the people here are. Instead of replying to his question you answer him with stupid remarks.

Just go up to here and say hey I have noticed you and just wanted to see if you would like to get to know each other. NEVER START OFF AS WANTING TO BE BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND. Your relationship starts off as being friends. If she thinks your somewhat intriguing or something like that she will give you a shot. 

If you do talk to her and nothing happens just say OK but I hope we can still be friends? And remain nice to here and such like a good friend.

I like this idea a lot, thanks!  It sounds good, especially during the break or class is fine too if that turns out that way.  but it shows that we have a connection with the class, im just interested in talking, and not being too much!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 27, 2010

that also sounds like good advice! thanks

Im funny at times, but not like that on the go witty stuff lol i know some people can pull it off.

Maybe a safe way is just saying "Hey whats up,  ... response., oh nice my name is ... whats yours?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1289 posts

Feb 27, 2010

If she stays seated during break just go and sit beside her if you can that way it looks like you just want to be freinds (cuz you are not seeking her out all by herself)

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 27, 2010

almost everyone leaves the room and she always does I believe.. I don't know where though,  if it is like far away im not going to follow. but if it is like at the vending machine or something then maybe.  

she got a snack last time (eating in class) so maybe i can ask her where the vending machine is, or just walk with everyone else in a group and say hey whats up?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45016 posts

Feb 27, 2010
When I was in school, if I liked a girl in one of my classes. I always asked her if she would "study" with me. Even "help" me in the material in the class (even if I didn't need it). It's always easier to approach a girl if you already have a plan, and it's innocent to her. Once you start to study with her for a few weeks, if you're lucky, she might have fallin for your personality, you will be over your shyness, and WHAMO!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Feb 27, 2010

First off, try to become her friend- don't try to get into a relationship.  Second, it seems that during the breaks will be your best chance at talking.  Try to leave the classroom as she does and then just sort of say something along the lines of, "wasn't that tough?" or you know, something that has to do with the subject.  Also smile.  Like a really nice, honest smile.  In my opinion, what I like in a guy (what immediately captures my attention) is his smile.  Not creppy, forced smile- nice, honest, perhaps slightly-flirty-grin/smile

And then after you talk about the subject introduce yourself. If all goes well, the conversation should flow naturally- you won't need a scripted conversation.  But if she isn't very opened, or shy, then as backup bring up the major-convo.  What yours is- ask her what she is majoring in, where she wants to transfer,etc.  Don't seem nosy though.  Like, don't ask a million questions.

And you may want to check her finger for a ring, just to be sure.

Good luck!

Message Edited by Rogue_Vengeance on 02-27-2010 04:18 PM
Message Edited by Rogue_Vengeance on 02-27-2010 05:07 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (1 View)
0 Likes