Jul 01 2003
By: cozmo247~ Treasure Hunter 8755 posts

Getting "The Boot"

11 replies 1 views Edited Jul 1, 2003
Alright, so i've been on the internet doing my Research paper stuff ( as you probably know already ), and I'm looking for Bibliography cards. I have like all of them done, except the fact that they are on a Word Doc. and that I didn't save it. All of a sudden ( yes this is how it happened ) I get kicked off, computer shut downs, the works. No words can explain this, except these " I'm staying up late tonight"....

Message Edited by cozmo247 on 06-30-2003 09:07 PM

Message 1 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2980 posts

Re: Getting "The Boot"

Jul 1, 2003

,cozmo247 wrote:
Alright, so i've been on the internet doing my Research paper stuff ( as you probably know already ), and I'm looking for Bibliography cards. I have like all of them done, except the fact that they are on a Word Doc. and that I didn't save it. All of a sudden ( yes this is how it works ) I get kicked off, computer shut downs, the works. No words can explain this, except these " I'm staying up late tonight"....

damn dude that has to suck.
Message 2 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
535 posts

Jul 1, 2003

,cozmo247 wrote:
Alright, so i've been on the internet doing my Research paper stuff ( as you probably know already ), and I'm looking for Bibliography cards. I have like all of them done, except the fact that they are on a Word Doc. and that I didn't save it. All of a sudden ( yes this is how it happened ) I get kicked off, computer shut downs, the works. No words can explain this, except these " I'm staying up late tonight".... ,

so did the power go out or something? i feel so sorry for you. =(
Message 3 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Jul 1, 2003
poor u, how much did u hav done?
Message 4 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8165 posts

Jul 1, 2003
One time I stayed up all night finishing a Project on the computer, and I was so tired that I thought I would juist leave it open for the rest of the night when I woke up I came downstairs to find that the Comp was off! so I turn it on and it seems that my Dad didn't save my files and just closed everything. You might think why didn't I save it? well I was just to damn tired to even think.

Message 5 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3046 posts

Jul 1, 2003

,Ares Ashura wrote:

,cozmo247 wrote:
Alright, so i've been on the internet doing my Research paper stuff ( as you probably know already ), and I'm looking for Bibliography cards. I have like all of them done, except the fact that they are on a Word Doc. and that I didn't save it. All of a sudden ( yes this is how it works ) I get kicked off, computer shut downs, the works. No words can explain this, except these " I'm staying up late tonight"....

damn dude that has to suck.

i agree
Message 6 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5644 posts

Jul 1, 2003
that has happened to me before, unexplainable anger...

Socom Name: Technologic*
Server: Canada West
Clan Site
Message 7 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17939 posts

Jul 1, 2003

,cozmo247 wrote:
Alright, so i've been on the internet doing my Research paper stuff ( as you probably know already ), and I'm looking for Bibliography cards. I have like all of them done, except the fact that they are on a Word Doc. and that I didn't save it. All of a sudden ( yes this is how it happened ) I get kicked off, computer shut downs, the works. No words can explain this, except these " I'm staying up late tonight".... ,

That sucks man. That's why I save every 5 minutes. It's just a habbit. All you have to do while typing is it "Ctrl + S", and it will save for you. It's something you should think about doing next time
Message 8 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8755 posts

Jul 1, 2003

,CurtisMonks wrote:

,cozmo247 wrote:

That sucks man. That's why I save every 5 minutes. It's just a habbit. All you have to do while typing is it "Ctrl + S", and it will save for you. It's something you should think about doing next time

I know, I know... I'm usually the one who saves every second, so I think to myself " Nothing going to Happen", and that's when it does. Always has, always will. Word of Advise: SAVE YOUR WORK PEOPLE!
Message 9 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2164 posts

Jul 1, 2003

,cozmo247 wrote:

that's unfortunate...maybe you typed a bad keyboard combination...my comp crashed when I accidentally did that....
---------------------

President,
http://franscape.com
Message 10 of 12 (1 View)
0 Likes