Highlighted
Apr 17 2013
By: moblesuit75 Treasure Hunter 4421 posts

Getting Caught Up (Daily Basis)

15 replies 89 views Edited Apr 17, 2013

Aside from weekends, I am on here almost everyday from 7:30 am to 4:50 pm.  Sometimes I jump back on around 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm.

This being said, my mornings on the Forum are spent getting caught up.  On average, with all the areas I frequent, it takes me about three hours to get caught up for the day and current with the Threads/Posts.

I go through and read all I can, making Posts where I feel I can contribute.  Some Posts are longer than others, but in the end, it takes that Three Hours to get to a point where I am at the current speed of Forum Posts and Threads.

The time flies, because it is fun of course, but just the same it is a bit of work.

What is the average amount of time anyone spends getting "caught up" on a daily basis?  My Mondays take a little longer, due to my not really being on during the weekends, but I am not counting that.

As well; how often are you on the Forum?  Not that any amount of time is better than another, just asking a general statement here.

You can even share the areas you frequent, and how much individual attention you give them, if you wish.Smiley Happy

Moble

Message 1 of 16 (89 Views)
MVP Support
41732 posts

Re: Getting Caught Up (Daily Basis)

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Aside from weekends, I am on here almost everyday from 7:30 am to 4:50 pm.  Sometimes I jump back on around 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm.

This being said, my mornings on the Forum are spent getting caught up.  On average, with all the areas I frequent, it takes me about three hours to get caught up for the day and current with the Threads/Posts.

I go through and read all I can, making Posts where I feel I can contribute.  Some Posts are longer than others, but in the end, it takes that Three Hours to get to a point where I am at the current speed of Forum Posts and Threads.

The time flies, because it is fun of course, but just the same it is a bit of work.

What is the average amount of time anyone spends getting "caught up" on a daily basis?  My Mondays take a little longer, due to my not really being on during the weekends, but I am not counting that.

As well; how often are you on the Forum?  Not that any amount of time is better than another, just asking a general statement here.

You can even share the areas you frequent, and how much individual attention you give them, if you wish.Smiley Happy

Moble

I work morning's only so I have most afternoons off, I'm usually up between 5.30am & 6am, making coffee coughing on a first ciggie & then dropping into here to see what happened over night, the local CBS news channnel will always be on in the background, the wofe will be telling me that time is moving on & the dog still needs to poop, with all that said I'll spend maybe from around 6am thru 7am on here, then disappear for the morning to work.

I'll get back on here any time between noon & 1pm, then I'll be popping in & out for the rest of the day right up till the time I got to bed (sad I know, makes note to self to get life)

Unlike my friend above who pops his head around the corner occasionally I am always on weekends, they can be more interesting than the weekdays sometimes, but I like to stay abreast of things, especially if there's something 'important' going on!

I spend most of my time in PS General, Off Topic & virtually all of the Support Forums, every now & again I'll pop my head around the corner of the PS HOME Forum then run out again quickly!

P.S. Good Thread!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 16 (88 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1605 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

while im at school im on from 8 am-9 am and from 11 am- 12:30pm

i usually post on the rpg games section or off topic

Message 3 of 16 (84 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 17, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

I work morning's only so I have most afternoons off, I'm usually up between 5.30am & 6am, making coffee coughing on a first ciggie & then dropping into here to see what happened over night, the local CBS news channnel will always be on in the background, the wofe will be telling me that time is moving on & the dog still needs to poop, with all that said I'll spend maybe from around 6am thru 7am on here, then disappear for the morning to work.

I'll get back on here any time between noon & 1pm, then I'll be popping in & out for the rest of the day right up till the time I got to bed (sad I know, makes note to self to get life)

Unlike my friend above who pops his head around the corner occasionally I am always on weekends, they can be more interesting than the weekdays sometimes, but I like to stay abreast of things, especially if there's something 'important' going on!

I spend most of my time in PS General, Off Topic & virtually all of the Support Forums, every now & again I'll pop my head around the corner of the PS HOME Forum then run out again quickly!

P.S. Good Thread!

BRIT-KO

First off, thank you for the compliments.

I spend most of my time in the same places as you., but you know that already.

I frequent the HOME section less and less these days.  I do also pop in and run out.  It gets a little scary in there, but not as scary as the SH Forum.Smiley Wink

I literally LOLed about the dog poop thing.  I know how that is.  Why can't she take the dog out?  I am stuck with the "duty" as well.Smiley LOL

I have started to come on during the weekends for short stints, mostly to alleviate the "work load" on Mondays.  At the end of every month, I am on here less, due to my End of the Month Closing Procedures for my job as the Accountant.  It is very time consuming, and Work must come first after all.

I am on here during work, for the most part.  as long as I get the "work" done, no one asks any questions, or raises any issues with my use of Company Time and Equipment.  I love my job.Smiley Happy

Thank you for participating BRIT!

Moble

Message 4 of 16 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 17, 2013

shadowstalker100 wrote:

while im at school im on from 8 am-9 am and from 11 am- 12:30pm

i usually post on the rpg games section or off topic

FFVII was the last RPG I played.  I just did not have the time to commit to them any more.  As a result, I do not get to that Section really at all.

I do enjoy when people come out of their chosen areas to participate in the General and Support Sections.  I find there is a lot of "action" out here, and in the Off Topic especially.

Often times, the Off Topic gets a bad rap.  Just because it is not specific to one game or genre, or games at all most times.  It really is one of the best section for this in particular, IMHO.

Thank you for sharing in the Thread shadowstalker100.Smiley Happy

Moble 

Message 5 of 16 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9986 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

Currently I only frequent this corner of the forums because Uncharted 3 is collecting dust (Still play it sometimes but not so much). When The Last of Us gets released, I'll be spending time discussing it. 

It usually doesn't take me long to get caught up. First time I usually sign in at school at noon or after school. I quickly read through posts with new replies and like share my opinions in few sentences in simple English with grammatical errors. Smiley Tongue

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 6 of 16 (68 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Apr 17, 2013
I spend my Psych class getting caught up, as well ad the 1.5 hour spare I have right after. I'll also VERY frequently check in on my phone when I'm doing anything else.

Typically, I stick to General Discussion, Off Topic, Support, and PS Allstars, but I make sure to pop in to LBP, Dead Space, and Mass Effect from time to time.

I also frequent the EU and ANZ boards. I'm an international man of mystery!
Message 7 of 16 (66 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 17, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

Currently I only frequent this corner of the forums because Uncharted 3 is collecting dust (Still play it sometimes but not so much). When The Last of Us gets released, I'll be spending time discussing it. 

It usually doesn't take me long to get caught up. First time I usually sign in at school at noon or after school. I quickly read through posts with new replies and like share my opinions in few sentences in simple English with grammatical errors. Smiley Tongue

That's cool... Wait a minute

MobleSmiley LOL

Message 8 of 16 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 17, 2013

johngie wrote:
I spend my Psych class getting caught up, as well ad the 1.5 hour spare I have right after. I'll also VERY frequently check in on my phone when I'm doing anything else.

Typically, I stick to General Discussion, Off Topic, Support, and PS Allstars, but I make sure to pop in to LBP, Dead Space, and Mass Effect from time to time.

I also frequent the EU and ANZ boards. I'm an international man of mystery!

Wow, that is some effort.  ^^

I have tried the Mobile App, but I do not like it much.  Mostly; it inhibits my ability to type and keep my spelling and grammar (be quiet over there ID-69Smiley LOL) to the level I wish it.  Just one of my "things" I guess, spelling and grammar.

Thanks for Posting johngie!Smiley Happy

Moble

Message 9 of 16 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56227 posts

Apr 17, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Moble

My post would read like yours except for the following  

8 am until 530pm.  Then sometimes between 630 and 730pm after I get home.   It takes me about 3-4 hours to catch up on monday and about 1 hour tue-fri.  

Message 10 of 16 (58 Views)