Ghost of Sparta
15338 posts

Re: Get your flu shot

Oct 20, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

docshady wrote:

Never trusted the flu shot, never will.

This logic has always intrigued me...

You don't trust something that's based in fact, and statistics, but trust you won't get sick based on hope.

What other thing in this world functions on similar principles?

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 11 of 136 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2670 posts

Oct 20, 2013

California is the only dark green, nice.  Pretty hilarious NYC is red lol.

I just got my flu shot 3 weeks ago.  And was sick this past week.  Wasn't the flu but a common cold.  At least I didn't pay for the shot.

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 12 of 136 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Oct 20, 2013
Hehe dc, you didn't wash your wash hands at some point hehe told you lol
Message 13 of 136 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2670 posts

Oct 20, 2013

I had New England in my parlay.  That game broke it.  So B.S. they call that penalty on the first FG attempt.  I swear they just make up stupid rules on FG plays.  I'm still upset about it right now lol.

rramsdell wrote:
Hehe dc, you didn't wash your wash hands at some point hehe told you lol

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 14 of 136 (114 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

Oct 20, 2013

617px-H1N1_Canada_Map_by_confirmed_cases.svg.png

You forgot Canada because Canada is the part of north America maybe America hate Canada Smiley Indifferent

addtext_com_MTEwMTQzMTk0MzI5.jpg

Message 15 of 136 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Oct 20, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

What if we wre trying to prevent the flu by getting a flu shot but the flu shot actually gives us the flu when we thought the flu shot was gonna prevent us from getting the flu but we got the flu from the flu shot?

IM NOT GETTING A FLU SHOT.

Because that basically never happens... 

People that get the flu anyway, likely got the strain that wasn't covered by the shot that researchers had predicted would be the dominant virus that year.

Coorelation doesnt always equal causation... it's staggering how many people don't realize that.

I totally disagree with this statement.

I was witness to a woman that had not been sick in over 20 years and never ever got the flu. She got talked into getting a flu shot by her Doctor and ended up with such a severe flu she had to be hospitalized and missed over 2 weeks of work. She swears she will never ever get another flu shot again.

And NO I do not believe she had the "virus" before she got the shot, her medical history of her body being able to fight the flu virus and thereby never getting the flu before the point of getting the flu shot, overrides it.

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 16 of 136 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Oct 20, 2013

PYAWAKITT wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

What if we wre trying to prevent the flu by getting a flu shot but the flu shot actually gives us the flu when we thought the flu shot was gonna prevent us from getting the flu but we got the flu from the flu shot?

People that get the flu anyway, likely got the strain that wasn't covered by the shot that researchers had predicted would be the dominant virus that year.

Correlation doesnt always equal causation... it's staggering how many people don't realize that.

I was witness to a woman that had not been sick in over 20 years and never ever got the flu. She got talked into getting a flu shot by her Doctor and ended up with such a severe flu she had to be hospitalized and missed over 2 weeks of work. She swears she will never ever get another flu shot again.

And NO I do not believe she had the "virus" before she got the shot, her medical history of her body being able to fight the flu virus and thereby never getting the flu before the point of getting the flu shot, overrides it.

1st, I said correlation doesn't always equal causation.

2nd, New mutated strains happen every year, the fact that they fought off other strains or avoided it doesn't mean a whole lot. Stranger things have happened. Without hard proof, you can't rule out coincidence.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 17 of 136 (113 Views)
Fender Bender
3578 posts

Oct 20, 2013

Un0-0n3unique wrote:

617px-H1N1_Canada_Map_by_confirmed_cases.svg.png

You forgot Canada because Canada is the part of north America maybe America hate Canada Smiley Indifferent

That continent is Asia, not North America....

And I don't think the US hates Canada or else me, johngie, and all other Canadian users would have been kicked out of here. Smiley Tongue

Message 18 of 136 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1473 posts

Oct 20, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

PYAWAKITT wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

Correlation doesnt always equal causation... it's staggering how many people don't realize that.

1st, I said correlation doesn't always equal causation.

2nd, New mutated strains happen every year, the fact that they fought off other strains or avoided it doesn't mean a whole lot. Stranger things have happened. Without hard proof, you can't rule out coincidence.

Hmmm, since the flu virus so easily mutates, and "new mutated strains happen every year", I would say her medical history of being able to fight off each new strain every year, pretty much is hard proof and not coincidence. 

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 19 of 136 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Oct 20, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

docshady wrote:

Never trusted the flu shot, never will.

This logic has always intrigued me...

You don't trust something that's based in fact, and statistics, but trust you won't get sick based on hope.

Nope, I base my trust on my daily regiment of a good diet (plenty of vitamin C), exercise, wash my hands regularly, wear weather appropriate clothing.

There are always alternatives.  Your logic isn't always the only logic...

doc shady signature
Message 20 of 136 (93 Views)