Ghost of Sparta
17495 posts

Re: General Motors recalls 2.4 million more vehicles

May 21, 2014

I had to rent a 2012 Ford Focus when my 2009 civic was in the body shop after someone managed to run into the back bumper of my old civic. Sure it looked cool, but I was not impressed with the mileage that I got. I went through a whole tank of gas in under 180 miles. I think it was a SE sedan (not the hatch)

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 11 of 24 (79 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
999 posts

May 21, 2014

hwhunt13 wrote:

I had to rent a 2012 Ford Focus when my 2009 civic was in the body shop after someone managed to run into the back bumper of my old civic. Sure it looked cool, but I was not impressed with the mileage that I got. I went through a whole tank of gas in under 180 miles. I think it was a SE sedan (not the hatch)

I rented a 2014 with the 2.5 liter 4 banger. I drove it with a 50/50 ratio of highway to city and I averaged about 30 mpg...

But I only had it for a 2 day weekend trip, so i'm not exactly an expert lol.

Rules & Guidelines Contact PlayStation Support | Need Help? PM Me

If you want to add me on PSN, please say in the request that you're from the PS forum.

Message 12 of 24 (74 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49846 posts

May 21, 2014

dulun18 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

This makes me so angry, GM recalls yet more vehicles, has just paid 35 Million Dollar fine, the largest amount allowed & on top of all that Obama bailed them out, makes me sick.

BRIT-KO

it will take a long time for them to buid confidence again...

i posted a thread about "buying a new car" .. and noticed some users didn't want to leave any input  since the cars i'm considering are IMPORTs only..  well mainly Japanese cars..

but from my past experience with cars and the recent news..   i can't imagine myself going out and get a GM car..  even if they believe it will help the US economy..

sorry.. i can't do that..

You can buy an "import" that was built by american workers inside america.  On the inside of the door panel just look for the origin of the vehicle.   My Forester was made in the USA by American workers but my Impreza was made in Japan. 

Message 13 of 24 (67 Views)
I Only Post Everything
999 posts

May 21, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

This makes me so angry, GM recalls yet more vehicles, has just paid 35 Million Dollar fine, the largest amount allowed & on top of all that Obama bailed them out, makes me sick.

BRIT-KO

i posted a thread about "buying a new car" .. and noticed some users didn't want to leave any input  since the cars i'm considering are IMPORTs only..  well mainly Japanese cars..

but from my past experience with cars and the recent news..   i can't imagine myself going out and get a GM car..  even if they believe it will help the US economy..

You can buy an "import" that was built by american workers inside america.  On the inside of the door panel just look for the origin of the vehicle.   My Forester was made in the USA by American workers but my Impreza was made in Japan. 

That's true.

Another example is the Toyota Tundra, they built an American factory for it specifically, because trucks are a huge market in America, but people tend to stick to 'the big 3' trucks (F-series, Silverado, and RAM) even though the Tundra has good performance, is reliable, and the starting price is right, the sales are still miles behind these 3.

Not to mention that just because a car is made by an American company, doesn't mean it's assembled at a US plant, has parts made in America, or was 100% designed by them or even another American company...

If you want to add me on PSN, please say in the request that you're from the PS forum.

Message 14 of 24 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17495 posts

May 22, 2014

xGaMeRx99z wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

BRIT-KO

That's true.

Another example is the Toyota Tundra, they built an American factory for it specifically, because trucks are a huge market in America, but people tend to stick to 'the big 3' trucks (F-series, Silverado, and RAM) even though the Tundra has good performance, is reliable, and the starting price is right, the sales are still miles behind these 3.

Not to mention that just because a car is made by an American company, doesn't mean it's assembled at a US plant, has parts made in America, or was 100% designed by them or even another American company...

When it comes to the big trucks, the owners aren't really looking for reliability. They are looking for what truck is the strongest and can get the job done and can haul more than their own competition in terms of weight and size.

Message 15 of 24 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4729 posts

May 22, 2014
Ford is moving in the right direction. I used to prefer Chevys...
With few exceptions, true repression and oppression is often fueled by fear, not by logic or reasonable morality.

Indulget indeterminatio, sicut saepe miscontrued.
Message 16 of 24 (49 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
999 posts

May 22, 2014

Aeryn_James wrote:

I agree... With one exception.

Going from this

mustang

to whatever this b****** son of a fusion, a taurus, and a mustang is supposed to be

mustang

It kinda reminds me of when they went from the 1st gen Mustang to the Mustang II... They didn't (start to) recover until the 1999 Mustang...

Message 17 of 24 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17713 posts

May 22, 2014

things do not look good...14 million cars..

www.usnews.com.png

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 18 of 24 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17495 posts

May 22, 2014

xGaMeRx99z wrote:

Aeryn_James wrote:

I agree... With one exception.

Going from this

mustang

to whatever this b****** son of a fusion, a taurus, and a mustang is supposed to be

mustang

It kinda reminds me of when they went from the 1st gen Mustang to the Mustang II... They didn't (start to) recover until the 1999 Mustang...

I want one.

They always seem like they are just out of my range of affordability:smileysad:

Message 19 of 24 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17713 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2014

hwhunt13 wrote:
I want one.

They always seem like they are just out of my range of affordability:smileysad:

mustang.. starting at $22,510

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/

how much would that be out the door?..

i thought you like sport car hunt..  that's a starting price cheaper than a Prius (24k something)

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 20 of 24 (29 Views)
0 Likes