Reply
May 20 2014
By: dulun18 Limit Breaker 22462 posts
Offline

General Motors recalls 2.4 million more vehicles

23 replies 149 views Edited May 20, 2014

d

 

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/05/general-motors-recalls-2-4-million-more-vehicles/ind...

 

now many cars total now?

 

didn't Toyota also recalled some of their cars as well?

 

 

wow.. there are 2014 and 2015 models on the list

 

 

how do i know if one of the cars i have might be on the list?   is there a complete list of ALL recalled cars from all brands?/

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 24 (149 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
39172 posts
 

Re: General Motors recalls 2.4 million more vehicles

May 21, 2014

This makes me so angry, GM recalls yet more vehicles, has just paid 35 Million Dollar fine, the largest amount allowed & on top of all that Obama bailed them out, makes me sick.

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 24 (145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 12/17/2004
Offline
22462 posts
 

Re: General Motors recalls 2.4 million more vehicles

May 21, 2014

BRIT-KO wrote:

This makes me so angry, GM recalls yet more vehicles, has just paid 35 Million Dollar fine, the largest amount allowed & on top of all that Obama bailed them out, makes me sick.

 

BRIT-KO


 

it will take a long time for them to buid confidence again...

 

i posted a thread about "buying a new car" .. and noticed some users didn't want to leave any input  since the cars i'm considering are IMPORTs only..  well mainly Japanese cars..

 

but from my past experience with cars and the recent news..   i can't imagine myself going out and get a GM car..  even if they believe it will help the US economy..

 

sorry.. i can't do that..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 24 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/17/2013
Offline
999 posts
 

Re: General Motors recalls 2.4 million more vehicles

May 21, 2014

dulun18 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

This makes me so angry, GM recalls yet more vehicles, has just paid 35 Million Dollar fine, the largest amount allowed & on top of all that Obama bailed them out, makes me sick.

 

BRIT-KO


 

it will take a long time for them to buid confidence again...

 

i posted a thread about "buying a new car" .. and noticed some users didn't want to leave any input  since the cars i'm considering are IMPORTs only..  well mainly Japanese cars..

 

but from my past experience with cars and the recent news..   i can't imagine myself going out and get a GM car..  even if they believe it will help the US economy..

 

sorry.. i can't do that..


What about Ford/Lincoln? That isn't GM.

Rules & Guidelines Contact PlayStation Support | Need Help? PM Me



If you want to add me on PSN, please say in the request that you're from the PS forum.

Message 4 of 24 (132 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
39172 posts
 

Re: General Motors recalls 2.4 million more vehicles

May 21, 2014

xGaMeRx99z wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

This makes me so angry, GM recalls yet more vehicles, has just paid 35 Million Dollar fine, the largest amount allowed & on top of all that Obama bailed them out, makes me sick.

 

BRIT-KO


 

it will take a long time for them to buid confidence again...

 

i posted a thread about "buying a new car" .. and noticed some users didn't want to leave any input  since the cars i'm considering are IMPORTs only..  well mainly Japanese cars..

 

but from my past experience with cars and the recent news..   i can't imagine myself going out and get a GM car..  even if they believe it will help the US economy..

 

sorry.. i can't do that..


What about Ford/Lincoln? That isn't GM.


I admire Ford for NOT taking any bailout money but truth be told their cars aren't up to scratch, Lincoln have been trying to reinvent themselves, i still see them as 'fuddy duddy' lol, I jsut don't like the design of their cars.

 

I'm with @dulun18 -  It'll be an import for us, actually we have a Toyota now (yes they had a recall too), I was **bleep** at that as well, I'd rather buy American but we'll stick with imports, although we'll likely go Honda or Mitsubishi next time.

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 5 of 24 (110 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Offline
13564 posts
 

Re: General Motors recalls 2.4 million more vehicles

May 21, 2014
I like Ford cars. I drive a 99 Contour with 140k miles and it still runs strong. Only thing that's wrong is the passenger side radio.

My dad just bought a 2013 Fusion and it's pretty sleek as well. I honestly can't stand most imports. There's just something about them
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 24 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 01/09/2010
Offline
39172 posts
 

Re: General Motors recalls 2.4 million more vehicles

May 21, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:
I like Ford cars. I drive a 99 Contour with 140k miles and it still runs strong. Only thing that's wrong is the passenger side radio.

My dad just bought a 2013 Fusion and it's pretty sleek as well. I honestly can't stand most imports. There's just something about them

I think the 'older' Fords are great, I have owned a few in my years, but the modern ones really don't do it for me, & their in-car enterainment systems, yea, they're 'good' (not), I wouldn't say no to a Mustang mind you lol.

 

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 7 of 24 (99 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 12/17/2004
Offline
22462 posts
 

Re: General Motors recalls 2.4 million more vehicles

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2014

BRIT-KO wrote:
I admire Ford for NOT taking any bailout money but truth be told their cars aren't up to scratch, Lincoln have been trying to reinvent themselves, i still see them as 'fuddy duddy' lol, I jsut don't like the design of their cars.

 

I'm with @dulun18 -  It'll be an import for us, actually we have a Toyota now (yes they had a recall too), I was **bleep** at that as well, I'd rather buy American but we'll stick with imports, although we'll likely go Honda or Mitsubishi next time.

 


 

Ford didn't do so well with Consumer reports ratings.. Lincoln is a luxury brand car.. which i don't need

 

 

my whole extended family only own japanese brand cars .. Lexus, Acura, Honda, Toyota, Nissan..

 

we have  honda, toyota, acura and nissan ourselves..  our 2009 Camry XLE was part of a recall.. i got 2 letters from them.. to take the car back to the dealer for some adjustments..

 

i called the dealer number (maybe it was the wrong one-- since i need to call the repair department).. but after 2 weeks and 2 attempts and no one called me back even when the lady at the general number told me someone will call me to take care of it..

 

i filed a complaint with the BBB and got a call the next day from the Director of something i forgot.... he called me and asked me to take the car in and they will take care of it right away..  they did just that and also got me a rental free of charge since i didn't want to wait..

 

they gave me a card with their direct line and asked me to call them next time.. and not the general number

 

maybe it was might fault.. i probably called the wrong department..

 

but the service was super!...  but probably because i stated that if the person who drove this car got into an accident i'll hold Toyota responsible.. since one of the recalls had to do with brakes..

 

in and out before i know it..

 

 

well it's that time again.. gas price going up.. and it's been forever.. it's time to get rid of my 1996 accord as well

 

so i'm thinking of a 2014 Toyota Corolla LE ECO  to replace the 2009 Camry XLE

 

and for me 1996 accord..   i want a Subaru.. Subaru Forrester or Impreza.. not sure which one .. but at least with Subaru.. i'll not just have another car like my relatives.. they don't know about Subaru..so i'll be the first..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 24 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/17/2013
Offline
999 posts
 

Re: General Motors recalls 2.4 million more vehicles

May 21, 2014

BRIT-KO wrote:

xGaMeRx99z wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

This makes me so angry, GM recalls yet more vehicles, has just paid 35 Million Dollar fine, the largest amount allowed & on top of all that Obama bailed them out, makes me sick.

 

BRIT-KO


 

it will take a long time for them to buid confidence again...

 

i posted a thread about "buying a new car" .. and noticed some users didn't want to leave any input  since the cars i'm considering are IMPORTs only..  well mainly Japanese cars..

 

but from my past experience with cars and the recent news..   i can't imagine myself going out and get a GM car..  even if they believe it will help the US economy..

 

sorry.. i can't do that..


What about Ford/Lincoln? That isn't GM.


I admire Ford for NOT taking any bailout money but truth be told their cars aren't up to scratch, Lincoln have been trying to reinvent themselves, i still see them as 'fuddy duddy' lol, I jsut don't like the design of their cars.

 

I'm with @dulun18 -  It'll be an import for us, actually we have a Toyota now (yes they had a recall too), I was **bleep** at that as well, I'd rather buy American but we'll stick with imports, although we'll likely go Honda or Mitsubishi next time.

 

BRIT-KO


I actually like the direction Ford has taken these last 10 years... Except that atrocious new Mustang. From what I hear they are going to turn their focus to turning Lincoln around for the time being.

This last decade has been good for Ford imo. They revived the Mustang as an american icon, they dramatically improved the Focus, the Fusion was born, EcoBoost was launched, the F series of trucks is still the best selling, the Ford GT (nuff said), etc.

 

But to each their own I suppose. 

 

Edit: I also want to say that I am not a "if it's not 'merican its automatically bad" kinda guy. I have owned Toyota's, Honda's, Mitsubishi's, Nissan's, BMW's, Jaguar's, VW's, Suzuki's, among many other cars/bikes over the years that were good and reliable.

Rules & Guidelines Contact PlayStation Support | Need Help? PM Me



If you want to add me on PSN, please say in the request that you're from the PS forum.

Message 9 of 24 (95 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 12/17/2004
Offline
22462 posts
 

Re: General Motors recalls 2.4 million more vehicles

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2014

xGaMeRx99z wrote:
I actually like the direction Ford has taken these last 10 years... Except that atrocious new Mustang. From what I hear they are going to turn their focus to turning Lincoln around for the time being.

This last decade has been good for Ford imo. They revived the Mustang as an american icon, they dramatically improved the Focus, the Fusion was born, EcoBoost was launched, the F series of trucks is still the best selling, the Ford GT (nuff said), etc.

 

But to each their own I suppose. 

 

Edit: I also want to say that I am not a "if it's not 'merican its automatically bad" kinda guy. I have owned Toyota's, Honda's, Mitsubishi's, Nissan's, BMW's, Jaguar's, VW's, Suzuki's, among many other cars/bikes over the years that were good and reliable.


 

their F-150 was one of the recommended trucks by consumer reports.. for 2014

 

and they stated that a REDESIGN for the truck is coming .. for the 2015 models.. ALUMINUM body they said..  (i'm reading from the magazine as i typed).. 

 

"because silverado and ram have eclipesed the current F-150 in ride, handling and quietness. "

 

consumer report 2014 auto issue page #77

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 24 (88 Views)
Reply
0 Likes