Fender Bender
4762 posts

Re: Countdown to Emergence Day

Nov 1, 2006

OGRYDER wrote:

Dude Jericho wrote:
Yesterday my mum ordered me an Xbox 360 (full) with Gears of War which will arrive in time for Christmas, I'm so happy!

You should test it out before Christmas...There have been alot of units defective straight from the store..

Damn, thanks for the advice, hope I don't get a dud...

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 409 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5818 posts

Nov 1, 2006

Dude Jericho wrote:

OGRYDER wrote:

Dude Jericho wrote:
Yesterday my mum ordered me an Xbox 360 (full) with Gears of War which will arrive in time for Christmas, I'm so happy!

You should test it out before Christmas...There have been alot of units defective straight from the store..

As long as you don't move the console while it's playing ( I'm sure you have common sense ) , and keep the power brick leveled up or rested on an open shoe box then you'll be fine. And don't put the 360 on a rug. Keep it on top of a glass or metal , or wood surface with plenty of air space around it.

Can you see.. Arbiter ? The moment of salvation.. is upon us.
Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 409 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4762 posts

Nov 1, 2006

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

Dude Jericho wrote:

OGRYDER wrote:

Dude Jericho wrote:

As long as you don't move the console while it's playing ( I'm sure you have common sense ) , and keep the power brick leveled up or rested on an open shoe box then you'll be fine. And don't put the 360 on a rug. Keep it on top of a glass or metal , or wood surface with plenty of air space around it.

Thanks for the advice, I got a 'media unit' and once my 360 arrives it takes over my old original Xbox spot (hell no I'm not going to sell it so don't ask lol) next to my PS2 (future PS3 spot) and Gamecube ( you can guess what takes over that spot )

Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 409 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8027 posts

Nov 1, 2006

Dude Jericho wrote:

OGRYDER wrote:

Dude Jericho wrote:

My main concern would be how well they packed the system. Hopefully, whoever did the shipping, they would have placed the system inside another box, and covered with some form of protective foam.

It is always risky sending electronic items through the mail, regardless if it's with UPS, Fed Ex, or whomever the company decides to use. As a former Fed-Ex employee, I can tell you first hand, that we nearly mutilate a lot of that packages that come through the hubs. They get tossed, stepped on, dropped, kicked...you name it.

Not that that's what will happen to YOUR system...:robotvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 409 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4030 posts

Nov 1, 2006

Dude Jericho wrote:

OGRYDER wrote:

Dude Jericho wrote:

Yeah, alot of people say that while shipping they get jarred and messed up or just a defective part from the factory.....Dont be too worried though the newer systems are built better.
Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 409 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4762 posts

Nov 1, 2006

The Jolly Roger wrote:

Dude Jericho wrote:

OGRYDER wrote:

Dude Jericho wrote:

My main concern would be how well they packed the system. Hopefully, whoever did the shipping, they would have placed the system inside another box, and covered with some form of protective foam.

It is always risky sending electronic items through the mail, regardless if it's with UPS, Fed Ex, or whomever the company decides to use. As a former Fed-Ex employee, I can tell you first hand, that we nearly mutilate a lot of that packages that come through the hubs. They get tossed, stepped on, dropped, kicked...you name it.

Not that that's what will happen to YOUR system...:robotvery-happy:

....... LoL Lets hope not...

Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 409 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1558 posts

Nov 1, 2006
can't wait. this is one of the few games were im getting the CE eddition. looks so good

Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 409 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8027 posts

Nov 1, 2006

KiLlEr99 wrote:
can't wait. this is one of the few games were im getting the CE eddition. looks so good

What does that version have, that the regular one does not?

Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 409 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13387 posts

Nov 1, 2006

The Jolly Roger wrote:

KiLlEr99 wrote:

What does that version have, that the regular one does not?

a badass case, a dvd, and a full length comic book about GoW
Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 409 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
45517 posts

Nov 1, 2006
Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 409 (0 Views)
0 Likes