Ghost of Sparta
16834 posts

Re: ~Gears of War disscussion Thread~(reviews posted)

Dec 10, 2006
gears is a great game, first time thru. but after that, replay is kinda boring
online is pretty good, but the ranked matches blow. you cant even play with ur friends in a ranked, so goodbye clan battles..
i would say 8/10

Message 401 of 409 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7422 posts

Dec 10, 2006

crovax3000 wrote:
online is pretty good, but the ranked matches blow. you cant even play with ur friends in a ranked, so goodbye clan battles..
i would say 8/10

Thats the point of ranked matches on XBL. They don't want people to boost and they don't want one side at a disadvantafe so you can't invite friends. If you want to play with friends go to player match but if you want to move your rank up you won't be able to cheat the system with friends so you have to go alone.
Photobucket
Message 402 of 409 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16834 posts

Dec 10, 2006

LBC_DEMON wrote:

crovax3000 wrote:
i would say 8/10

Thats the point of ranked matches on XBL. They don't want people to boost and they don't want one side at a disadvantafe so you can't invite friends. If you want to play with friends go to player match but if you want to move your rank up you won't be able to cheat the system with friends so you have to go alone.

but they really dropped the ball on it, tho..
there could have been tourneys and whatnot. you still can, but cant be ranked, i suppose..

and that dam rankin thing, i was playin over the weekend, and there were some little kids jus stat padding, shootin this locust, lettin him get back up, then shoot him again
so many little kids on xbl...

Message 403 of 409 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7422 posts

Dec 10, 2006

carbonox_ratchet wrote:
I thought I'd bump this thread up seeing as I got the game along with my Xbox 360 (And Condemned) yesterday.

I have to say that it's one of the best games that I've ever played. It truly is fantastic. I'm currently on Act 4 at Fenix Mansion and I've yet to encounter any bad points about the game so far. The atmosphere is stellar and extremely immersive. It makes you feel like you are really there. The graphics are phenomenal too, I played the game on both a HDTV and my room's SDTV and both sets project such beautiful visuals. As for the gameplay, well, it's fantastic and addictive.

There is so much praise I could give to this game and seriously can't wait until the sequels are released.

This game is worth the Xbox 360 on its own without a doubt.

Nice you picked two great games. What difficulty did are you on? I played co-op with my buddy on insane and we couldn't even get past a level but it's because he isn't too good. I have already beat condemned but I think I am going to buy it and get all of the achievments. I love that game.
Photobucket
Message 404 of 409 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7422 posts

Dec 10, 2006

crovax3000 wrote:

LBC_DEMON wrote:

crovax3000 wrote:
i would say 8/10

there could have been tourneys and whatnot. you still can, but cant be ranked, i suppose..

and that dam rankin thing, i was playin over the weekend, and there were some little kids jus stat padding, shootin this locust, lettin him get back up, then shoot him again

I didn't even know the game follows your stats like that. But then again I don't even know how to check my rank.Smiley Very Happy I could see how some people would think they dropped the ball a little bit because there is no clan options or clan searches. They might make that available in an update but I haven't played a clan match since Socom2. I just don't see the appeal. I am in a clan that spans all 360 games and a few PC games but we just made it to play with each other and not really to have clanbattles.
Photobucket
Message 405 of 409 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
968 posts

Dec 10, 2006

crovax3000 wrote:
i would say 8/10

What are you talking about it is real easy to play with your friends. Just get somebody to make a match go to custom match and put in the game type and # of rounds and there name will come up. Go to that room and your friends will be there waiting. That is what i do.
XbL GamerTag:
Xx IronMan91 xX
Jump In
Message 406 of 409 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16834 posts

Dec 10, 2006

LBC_DEMON wrote:

crovax3000 wrote:

LBC_DEMON wrote:

crovax3000 wrote:
i would say 8/10

I didn't even know the game follows your stats like that. But then again I don't even know how to check my rank.Smiley Very Happy I could see how some people would think they dropped the ball a little bit because there is no clan options or clan searches. They might make that available in an update but I haven't played a clan match since Socom2. I just don't see the appeal. I am in a clan that spans all 360 games and a few PC games but we just made it to play with each other and not really to have clanbattles.

yea, its cool to have ppl to play with you all the time
my clan tho is mainly into socom (idk why anymore..), and then pretty much all the pc games. rite now, were in a diablo 2 stint Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy
old, but good! Smiley Tongue

and you guys should try a clan battle once, its fun!

Message 407 of 409 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16834 posts

Dec 10, 2006

Dr.Spice2 wrote:

crovax3000 wrote:
i would say 8/10

What are you talking about it is real easy to play with your friends. Just get somebody to make a match go to custom match and put in the game type and # of rounds and there name will come up. Go to that room and your friends will be there waiting. That is what i do.

RANKED match

Message 408 of 409 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
8950 posts

Dec 10, 2006

crovax3000 wrote:

Dr.Spice2 wrote:

crovax3000 wrote:
i would say 8/10

RANKED match

I know what he means, you just have to know what the person is going to play and do a custom search and you can find them pretty easy.  Plus they want to know your trueskill not the team you play with.  I know what they mean, they should but a clan function in also so you have a single rank and a clan rank.
PSN:ThePeacemaker02
Message 409 of 409 (0 Views)
0 Likes