Dec 23 2006
By: C.I.W~ Uncharted Territory 1898 posts

Gears of War Wins Game of the Year at Gamespot!

32 replies 1 views Edited Dec 23, 2006
Beating out Zelda and Oblivion!

Well deserved.

Link
Message 1 of 33 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1987 posts

Re: Gears of War Wins Game of the Year at Gamespot!

Dec 23, 2006
Gears Of War Defintely doesn't deserve to be game of the year, there are better games out there and i will name them:

1.) Final Fantasy XII
2.) Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
3.) The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
4.) Okami
5.) Bully

Really, if GoW didn't have superior graphics it wouldn't even be mentioned any any of those categorys, it's a decent shooter at it's core,and it perfects the cover system, so i'll give it that. It has a average storyline, and easy boss fights.
Message 2 of 33 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2579 posts

Dec 23, 2006
Awww, I love oblivion
MICROSOFT SPY
Message 3 of 33 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15009 posts

Dec 23, 2006
Gears of War is a good game, don't get me wrong, but definitly not game of the year.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 4 of 33 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1757 posts

Dec 23, 2006

PhantomBangle wrote:
Gears Of War Defintely doesn't deserve to be game of the year, there are better games out there and i will name them:

1.) Final Fantasy XII
4.) Okami
5.) Bully

Really, if GoW didn't have superior graphics it wouldn't even be mentioned any any of those categorys, it's a decent shooter at it's core,and it perfects the cover system, so i'll give it that. It has a average storyline, and easy boss fights.

Sorry.Olbivion i 1.Bully shouldnt be on the list...Zelda 2...
my wii friend code: ADD ME! 5992 2332 9248 8590
Then shoot me a PM so I can add You..Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 33 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1843 posts

Dec 23, 2006

PhantomBangle wrote:

1.) Final Fantasy XII
4.) Okami
5.) Bully

You must have played a different version then me because I thought Gears Of War was bad ass awesome.  The cover system is used very well, the visuals are good, and the story is actually good as well.  The multiplayer is very addicting and I have not been able to stop a whole lot since it launched.  I have not had this much fun since Halo Combat Evolved glory days.
Message 6 of 33 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4003 posts

Dec 23, 2006

PhantomBangle wrote:

1.) Final Fantasy XII
4.) Okami
5.) Bully

No dude... no.... gears kills all those games you mentiones man.
but i dont know if it should get game of the year or not, i havnt played too much games this year.

Message Edited by MEEPERS. on 12-23-2006 10:39 AM
Message 7 of 33 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6531 posts

Dec 23, 2006

Sammydavisjr wrote:

PhantomBangle wrote:

1.) Final Fantasy XII
4.) Okami
5.) Bully

Oblivion probably lost points because it has no MP capabilities...

Message 8 of 33 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15009 posts

Dec 23, 2006

SlyTheBoss wrote:

Sammydavisjr wrote:

PhantomBangle wrote:

1.) Final Fantasy XII
4.) Okami
5.) Bully

Oblivion probably lost points because it has no MP capabilities...

Oblivion is so big it doesn't need multiplayer.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 9 of 33 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1987 posts

Dec 23, 2006

BakedPigeon wrote:

PhantomBangle wrote:

1.) Final Fantasy XII
4.) Okami
5.) Bully

You must have played a different version then me because I thought Gears Of War was bad ass awesome.  The cover system is used very well, the visuals are good, and the story is actually good as well.  The multiplayer is very addicting and I have not been able to stop a whole lot since it launched.  I have not had this much fun since Halo Combat Evolved glory days.

Gears of war has:

-Great Visuals
-Great Multiplayer
-Great Cover System
-Good  Weapons
-Average Storyline
-Easy and non memorable Boss Fights

I love gears of war multi-player, i haven't had so much fun online since Halo 2, but much like Halo, GoW has a horrible storyline and the single player campaign is lackluster. On insane mode, i blew threw the beserskers and general RAAM like it was nothing, not to mention the corpser was the easiest boss fight that i've ever encountered in a shooter.
Message 10 of 33 (1 View)
0 Likes