possible spoilers!

Spo8 wrote:

Wonder Showzen wrote:

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

i am a nutcrack wrote:
Damn another person got the 360

Jump in nutcrack.

... Hurry.

I'm playing on an SDTV and it looks amazing! I can't wait until i get my flat screen...

The only real thing i'm disapointed in of the game itself is the story line... there is no real background to it, but maybe they'll retrace and i can find out what happened. I'm at the last checkpoint of the last act so we'll see.

And yes get a 360, i debated on it for about a month, then i read about the ps3 after it came out and said **bleep** it.

Maybe i'll get the ps4

I played it on my HDTV with component cables.  It was absolutely gorgeous.

As for the story, it's definitely lacking.  The little bit that they tell you about is in the instruction manual.  Basically, the reason that Marcus was thrown out of the army was because he disobeyed orders on Emergence Day (when all the locusts came up) to try to go save his father, but he was too late.  Dom testified in his case and got him off the hook for the death penalty, but it looks like he still got life in prison.  He was 14 years into his sentence when the game starts.

Yea i just now read that. I was really hoping for some type of flash backs telling the story of why the locusts were there or how they got there.... Im on the last act and im confused, which i don't think i should be... cuz it never talks about RAAM, you see him twice once for about 10 seconds then you're just supposed to kill him out of the blue.

Photobucket

Message 10 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
21050 posts

Re: Gears of War! (possible spoilers)

Nov 26, 2006

Wonder Showzen wrote:
possible spoilers!

Spo8 wrote:

Wonder Showzen wrote:

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

i am a nutcrack wrote:

Jump in nutcrack.

... Hurry.

I'm playing on an SDTV and it looks amazing! I can't wait until i get my flat screen...

The only real thing i'm disapointed in of the game itself is the story line... there is no real background to it, but maybe they'll retrace and i can find out what happened. I'm at the last checkpoint of the last act so we'll see.

And yes get a 360, i debated on it for about a month, then i read about the ps3 after it came out and said **bleep** it.

Maybe i'll get the ps4

As for the story, it's definitely lacking.  The little bit that they tell you about is in the instruction manual.  Basically, the reason that Marcus was thrown out of the army was because he disobeyed orders on Emergence Day (when all the locusts came up) to try to go save his father, but he was too late.  Dom testified in his case and got him off the hook for the death penalty, but it looks like he still got life in prison.  He was 14 years into his sentence when the game starts.

Yea i just now read that. I was really hoping for some type of flash backs telling the story of why the locusts were there or how they got there.... Im on the last act and im confused, which i don't think i should be... cuz it never talks about RAAM, you see him twice once for about 10 seconds then you're just supposed to kill him out of the blue.

Yeah the story kinda sucks,a lot of random things happen for no reason like how does killing him stop all the locust?
Message 11 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10631 posts

Nov 26, 2006

Wonder Showzen wrote:
possible spoilers!

Spo8 wrote:

Wonder Showzen wrote:

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

i am a nutcrack wrote:

Jump in nutcrack.

... Hurry.

Maybe i'll get the ps4

Yeah, but that's just the game's style.  You're supposed to be looking for the little hints in the cutscenes that tell the story that they don't want to just come out and say.  As for RAAM, yeah that was random.  The only real clue you're given is how he seems to really like killing people, even semi-important characters.
Message 12 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3914 posts

Nov 26, 2006

Spo8 wrote:

Wonder Showzen wrote:
possible spoilers!

Spo8 wrote:

Wonder Showzen wrote:

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

i am a nutcrack wrote:

Jump in nutcrack.

... Hurry.

Maybe i'll get the ps4

Yeah, but that's just the game's style.  You're supposed to be looking for the little hints in the cutscenes that tell the story that they don't want to just come out and say.  As for RAAM, yeah that was random.  The only real clue you're given is how he seems to really like killing people, even semi-important characters.

when i played it for the second time it made a little more sense
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 13 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10631 posts

Nov 26, 2006

fudge101man wrote:

Wonder Showzen wrote:
possible spoilers!

Spo8 wrote:

Wonder Showzen wrote:

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

i am a nutcrack wrote:

Jump in nutcrack.

... Hurry.

Maybe i'll get the ps4

Yeah the story kinda sucks,a lot of random things happen for no reason like how does killing him stop all the locust?

I don't think killing RAAM was ever their plan (maybe I'm wrong), he was just standing in the way of the train they were trying to stop.  Had they not killed him, Marcus couldn't have set the missles to launch.
Message 14 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3914 posts

Nov 26, 2006

Spo8 wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

Wonder Showzen wrote:
possible spoilers!

Spo8 wrote:

Wonder Showzen wrote:

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

i am a nutcrack wrote:

Jump in nutcrack.

... Hurry.

Maybe i'll get the ps4

I don't think killing RAAM was ever their plan (maybe I'm wrong), he was just standing in the way of the train they were trying to stop.  Had they not killed him, Marcus couldn't have set the missles to launch.

no they just needed to get to the ravens
Message 15 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5818 posts

Nov 26, 2006
General RAAM is , well ... a General , lol. He's a "commander" for the locusts , so to speak. But the real person to pay attention to is the woman with the british accent who keeps talking on behalf of the locusts. She's the person to keep your eye on. At the end of the game ( SPOILERS ) ..

She says "They don't understand why we fight." which obviously tells you that there's more to this story than just "taking over a planet". It's more than that to locusts. My guess is that it's sort of connected to the conflict between Israel and Palestine. I mean , Israel used to be Palestine's country before the Jews came and took over and called it "their" holy land. My guess is that Sera used to be the Locusts's planet until the humans took over. And to the COG soldiers , it's just a fight , but for the locusts , it's so much more but the humans don't realize that just like the Israelis don't really understand why the Palestinians fight and are willing to risk their own lives.

Can you see.. Arbiter ? The moment of salvation.. is upon us.
Message 16 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4613 posts

Nov 26, 2006

howdoiputemulators wrote:

Spo8 wrote:

fudge101man wrote:

Wonder Showzen wrote:
possible spoilers!

Spo8 wrote:

Wonder Showzen wrote:

KING_omletGRIM wrote:

i am a nutcrack wrote:

Jump in nutcrack.

... Hurry.

Maybe i'll get the ps4

no they just needed to get to the ravens

RAAM being on the train had something to do with when they were in the mine tunnels and RAAM had one of the Gears captuered and they were listening to the radio of marcus talking about how they were going to the house to get the map of all the tunnels and how BAIRD hacked that thing and got some info.... It was like a 20 second cut screen but still they isn't that great.

But in the begining there was a girl talking (acted like she was the leader of the locusts) and then RAAM kind of ends up being the "leader" i guess

I dont know... but who cares the gfx pwn!!! Horay 3rd gen!

Photobucket

Message 17 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4613 posts

Nov 26, 2006
And i haven't killed RAAM yet, that's where im stuck. Im waiting for my brother to help in co-op since DOm is a **bleep**ing idiot

Photobucket

Message 18 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3914 posts

Nov 26, 2006

KING_omletGRIM wrote:
General RAAM is , well ... a General , lol. He's a "commander" for the locusts , so to speak. But the real person to pay attention to is the woman with the british accent who keeps talking on behalf of the locusts. She's the person to keep your eye on. At the end of the game ( SPOILERS ) ..

She says "They don't understand why we fight." which obviously tells you that there's more to this story than just "taking over a planet". It's more than that to locusts. My guess is that it's sort of connected to the conflict between Israel and Palestine. I mean , Israel used to be Palestine's country before the Jews came and took over and called it "their" holy land. My guess is that Sera used to be the Locusts's planet until the humans took over. And to the COG soldiers , it's just a fight , but for the locusts , it's so much more but the humans don't realize that just like the Israelis don't really understand why the Palestinians fight and are willing to risk their own lives.

or they just need a new planet nice post thoughSmiley Happy
Message 20 of 28 (0 Views)
0 Likes