Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Gay Marriage Legalized in Britain

Jul 18, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

these gays are basically making marriage have a less meaning than it usually used to be. they thinkthey can just make "marriage" a game or something.. so wrong

How do you turn marriage into a game? 

If Newt Gingrich can get married multiple times, why can't Neil Patrick Harris get married once??

well...

game_of_life.png

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 31 of 35 (176 Views)
MVP Support
5492 posts

Jul 18, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

these gays are basically making marriage have a less meaning than it usually used to be. they thinkthey can just make "marriage" a game or something.. so wrong

How do you turn marriage into a game? 

If Newt Gingrich can get married multiple times, why can't Neil Patrick Harris get married once??

well...

game_of_life.png

Yup. I just confuses me when people act like marriage is sacred and gays will ruin it, but noone says anything when Fox wants to "Who wants to marry a midget?".

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 32 of 35 (171 Views)
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2013

Ughhh. Okay, let me give a rant towards all the religious people here that feel their marriage is invalidated or in danger.

Marriage, as stated in the Bible, is between a man and a woman. They become one flesh under God and blah blah blah childfren happens. 

Fast-forward to the United States in 2013. We have a lot of people here that are not Christian. We are a pluralistic society that views marriage in a different way than religion does. It is authorized by the state and often performed by churches. 

The problem is that marriage should then also be banned for those under a different worldview. They do not feel the desire for the being with God in the marriage. Our world is tolerant of that most of the time and people do not care when Muslims marry or Atheists marry.

Gay marriage (actually same-sex marriage since gay marriage would be discriminatory against heterosexual men who want to marry another heterosexual man), is jus tlike this. If the state feels marriage is not a thing under God, then this state-sactioned ordeal can marry two men. 

I have a few problems with the debate, though. I do not like Christian churches of any sort marrying homosexuals. I think it is despicable for a person, or church in this matter, to not hold true to its beliefs because of cultural pressures. If the Bible says homosexual sex is not condoned by God and that marriage is for a man and woman, they should uphold that doctrine. Why? Because they say this is their Holy Scripture and to say that God's commands change with our culture is simply ingorant of their faith. If the state wants to give marriage to a same-sex couple, then whatever. It is the state's right in this area to do so. 

I also say it is the state's right to define marriage. If the state wants to allow marriage between a man and a man, they can do it. If the state believes that certain definition of marriage is true, then they can do that. I do believe same-sex couples should get the tax benefits, though, regardless of the state. Just call it a civil union in that state and move on. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 33 of 35 (153 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Re: Gay Marriage Leaglized in Britain

May 6, 2015

TeabagMcFrag wrote:

I don't really care that gay marriage is legalised over here. Heck, I don't care if a man loves another man. It's their life, and they'll live it the way they want to.

In the America gay marriage will soon become legalised nationwide.

We are winning: 37 States with Legal Gay Marriage

Get married adopt some kids and live the American dream.

Message 34 of 35 (65 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: Gay Marriage Leaglized in Britain

May 6, 2015

TeabagMcFrag wrote:

I don't really care that gay marriage is legalised over here. Heck, I don't care if a man loves another man. It's their life, and they'll live it the way they want to.

Soon gay marriage will be legalised nationwide in America. 37 States with Legal Gay Marriage Get married and adopt some kids. Live the American dream.

Message 35 of 35 (65 Views)
0 Likes