Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 18 2012
By: adge23 Monster Hunter 38 posts

Gaming survey for Stanford University research study

[ Edited ]
2 replies 86 views Edited Aug 18, 2012

I have a friend and fellow gamer who is currently studying at Stanford University, and he is inviting anyone over the age of 18 worldwide (and especially Military Veterans and Active Duty service members) to participate in an online study investigating how patterns of playing video games relate to stress and support. Here is his request:

Your honest responses to this brief, anonymous survey will help us to understand the role of electronic games in Veterans’ lives, and it could help researchers better understand the mental health needs of other Service Members and inform new approaches to treatment for veterans. This research project has been approved by the Institutional Review Board of Stanford University and Palo Alto University. Participation will take about 20 minutes and is completely anonymous and voluntary. Clicking on the link below will bring you to the survey where more information is available.

http://redcap.stanford.edu/surveys/?s=AhHZaU

You can also find the study at www.facebook.com/VetsGamesStudy and at @VetsGamesStudy on Twitter.

If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints about this research study, its procedures, risks, or benefits, please contact the Protocol Director, Darryl Etter at 1-(650)-Three Zero Eight-9504 or dwepsyd (at) stanford (dot) edu. For general information about participant rights, contact 1-Eight Six Six-680-2906.

-----

Message 1 of 3 (86 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Re: Gaming survey for Stanford University research study

Aug 18, 2012
Well i guess you can post the results too.

Gaming causes stress. lol.

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 2 of 3 (81 Views)
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Re: Gaming survey for Stanford University research study

Aug 25, 2012

Still looking for people to take the survey.  Please check it out if you can.

Thanks.

-----

Message 3 of 3 (62 Views)
0 Likes