Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/05/2005
Offline
8934 posts
 

Re: Gaming on a projector?

Jan 15, 2007


spartan76092 wrote:
i got a projector for christmas. i play my 360 on it. the color is perfect except when something is moving really,really fast. then it gets a little distorted for a second. it's barely noticeable though.


It's called ghosting And that could just simply be a matter of your eyes still seeing the same image or the distance the projector is from the screen. Which projector did you get?
Gamertag: nyzballa12
134 LB FAM and East 161 Blood Fam you noe it
Fresh bandana and I'm blowin mad trees
YEH DIG?!
Message 11 of 25 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/26/2006
Offline
1908 posts
 

Re: Gaming on a projector?

Jan 15, 2007
optoma ep716
Things I have gotten free from ordering off the internet in 2007:
$150 Through Paypal
$75 Ipod Shuffle
$45 Amazon Gift Card
$40 5mW Green Laser Pointer
$120 3 Webcams $40 each
$100 for selling free stuff on eBay
$80 10 Block Buster Game Rentals $8 each
+ Tons of other Stuff to much to list
-------------------------------Total = Over $610 Just in 2007!!!----------------------------------
Message 12 of 25 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/05/2005
Offline
8934 posts
 

Re: Gaming on a projector?

Jan 15, 2007


spartan76092 wrote:
optoma ep716


That is one nice projector!
Gamertag: nyzballa12
134 LB FAM and East 161 Blood Fam you noe it
Fresh bandana and I'm blowin mad trees
YEH DIG?!
Message 13 of 25 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 12/11/2004
Offline
10336 posts
 

Re: Gaming on a projector?

Jan 15, 2007


nyzballa12 wrote:


Rogers Bell Problems wrote:
I've done it and it was amazing... the resolution was pretty good.


RBP, your outnumbered It's like 1 vs. 7 lmao so is it good or not? Like a 720p projection with a high ass contrast ratio (1200 or higher) hooked up to lets say a 360...Would it look bad or not?


We used a 360 on it and componet cables.... It was pretty good we played NHL on it and it was really good.
Message 14 of 25 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/05/2005
Offline
8934 posts
 

Re: Gaming on a projector?

Jan 15, 2007


Rogers Bell Problems wrote:


nyzballa12 wrote:


Rogers Bell Problems wrote:
I've done it and it was amazing... the resolution was pretty good.


RBP, your outnumbered It's like 1 vs. 7 lmao so is it good or not? Like a 720p projection with a high ass contrast ratio (1200 or higher) hooked up to lets say a 360...Would it look bad or not?


We used a 360 on it and componet cables.... It was pretty good we played NHL on it and it was really good.


Do you know what type of projector it was? Because I was looking for a new HDTV but they get pricey as you get bigger into LCDs and I'm not going plasma.  DLP is too big for me. So a DLP projector seems my way to go.
Gamertag: nyzballa12
134 LB FAM and East 161 Blood Fam you noe it
Fresh bandana and I'm blowin mad trees
YEH DIG?!
Message 15 of 25 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/26/2006
Offline
1908 posts
 

Re: Gaming on a projector?

Jan 15, 2007
if you buy a projector now, by the time the bulb goes out, hdtvs will be so cheap you will be able to buy 2 for the price of one today.
Things I have gotten free from ordering off the internet in 2007:
$150 Through Paypal
$75 Ipod Shuffle
$45 Amazon Gift Card
$40 5mW Green Laser Pointer
$120 3 Webcams $40 each
$100 for selling free stuff on eBay
$80 10 Block Buster Game Rentals $8 each
+ Tons of other Stuff to much to list
-------------------------------Total = Over $610 Just in 2007!!!----------------------------------
Message 16 of 25 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 12/11/2004
Offline
10336 posts
 

Re: Gaming on a projector?

Jan 15, 2007


nyzballa12 wrote:


Rogers Bell Problems wrote:


nyzballa12 wrote:


Rogers Bell Problems wrote:
I've done it and it was amazing... the resolution was pretty good.


RBP, your outnumbered It's like 1 vs. 7 lmao so is it good or not? Like a 720p projection with a high ass contrast ratio (1200 or higher) hooked up to lets say a 360...Would it look bad or not?


We used a 360 on it and componet cables.... It was pretty good we played NHL on it and it was really good.


Do you know what type of projector it was? Because I was looking for a new HDTV but they get pricey as you get bigger into LCDs and I'm not going plasma.  DLP is too big for me. So a DLP projector seems my way to go.


http://www.epson.ca/cgi-bin/ceStore/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=48198491

Looked like that one Smiley Tongue
Message 17 of 25 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/26/2006
Offline
1908 posts
 

Re: Gaming on a projector?

Jan 15, 2007
too expensive. mine was $400. i got it half price.
Things I have gotten free from ordering off the internet in 2007:
$150 Through Paypal
$75 Ipod Shuffle
$45 Amazon Gift Card
$40 5mW Green Laser Pointer
$120 3 Webcams $40 each
$100 for selling free stuff on eBay
$80 10 Block Buster Game Rentals $8 each
+ Tons of other Stuff to much to list
-------------------------------Total = Over $610 Just in 2007!!!----------------------------------
Message 18 of 25 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/05/2005
Offline
8934 posts
 

Re: Gaming on a projector?

Jan 15, 2007
I was looking at this
Gamertag: nyzballa12
134 LB FAM and East 161 Blood Fam you noe it
Fresh bandana and I'm blowin mad trees
YEH DIG?!
Message 19 of 25 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/05/2005
Offline
8934 posts
 

Re: Gaming on a projector?

Jan 15, 2007


Rogers Bell Problems wrote:


nyzballa12 wrote:


Rogers Bell Problems wrote:


nyzballa12 wrote:


Rogers Bell Problems wrote:
I've done it and it was amazing... the resolution was pretty good.


RBP, your outnumbered It's like 1 vs. 7 lmao so is it good or not? Like a 720p projection with a high ass contrast ratio (1200 or higher) hooked up to lets say a 360...Would it look bad or not?


We used a 360 on it and componet cables.... It was pretty good we played NHL on it and it was really good.


Do you know what type of projector it was? Because I was looking for a new HDTV but they get pricey as you get bigger into LCDs and I'm not going plasma.  DLP is too big for me. So a DLP projector seems my way to go.


http://www.epson.ca/cgi-bin/ceStore/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=48198491

Looked like that one Smiley Tongue


</bankrupt>
Gamertag: nyzballa12
134 LB FAM and East 161 Blood Fam you noe it
Fresh bandana and I'm blowin mad trees
YEH DIG?!
Message 20 of 25 (6 Views)
Reply
0 Likes