Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/04/2012
Offline
220 posts
 

Re: Gaming Stores. Your First?

Jun 30, 2013

Hello, I guess alot of people didn't have a great experience on there time to a gaming store.

 

At a young age i always like video games, but i think what makes this memory so great is becuase it is the first time i had a kinda of had conversation with my dad...like when me and my dad use to play catch we didn't talk much..it was mostly what did you do today...or focus on the ball...or when we went finishing...it was mostly just silence...unless he was teaching something...when in funcoland it was different...my dad and Funcoloand guy talked about games and i felt like i was a part of the conversation...the games we played were fun..but so being asked what i like, what i thought about games and being asked to play games with them.

 

Thank you for reading.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 24 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 09/05/2012
Offline
8191 posts
 

Re: Gaming Stores. Your First?

Jun 30, 2013
When you goto gamestop alot you will not get any good experiances..



Hey Im here to bring back this game I got yesterday brand new.

What game is it?


The Last of Us



Okay you will recieve $5.00 store credit.
FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 12 of 24 (92 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/04/2012
Offline
220 posts
 

Re: Gaming Stores. Your First?

Jun 30, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:
When you goto gamestop alot you will not get any good experiances..



Hey Im here to bring back this game I got yesterday brand new.

What game is it?


The Last of Us



Okay you will recieve $5.00 store credit.

Hello, GameStop was not around when i was at that age...Lol...i guess that makes lucky...hmm i wounder if there are still any Funcolands around...I'm off to google!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 24 (88 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/15/2009
Offline
4073 posts
 

Re: Gaming Stores. Your First?

Jun 30, 2013

Game store ... it started with bowling alleys and pinball macnines for me ...  other game arcades and Chuck E. Cheeses later.

 

I loved bowling alley french fires and playing pinball.

 

 

Message 14 of 24 (73 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 09/13/2007
Offline
4404 posts
 

Re: Gaming Stores. Your First?

Jun 30, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

Game store ... it started with bowling alleys and pinball macnines for me ...  other game arcades and Chuck E. Cheeses later.

 

I loved bowling alley french fires and playing pinball.

 

 


As it did for a lot of us.

Those were the best places to play video games before they made it to consoles (if at all.)

Bowling Ally's and Pizza Parlors.

 

Sadly, those days are gone. Arcades are now pretty much dead / outdated.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."


Message 15 of 24 (66 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 09/05/2012
Offline
8191 posts
 

Re: Gaming Stores. Your First?

Jun 30, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

Game store ... it started with bowling alleys and pinball macnines for me ...  other game arcades and Chuck E. Cheeses later.

 

I loved bowling alley french fires and playing pinball.

 

 


As it did for a lot of us.

Those were the best places to play video games before they made it to consoles (if at all.)

Bowling Ally's and Pizza Parlors.

 

Sadly, those days are gone. Arcades are now pretty much dead / outdated.


Pizza Parlors were the best! 

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 16 of 24 (64 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/09/2009
Offline
2696 posts
 

Re: Gaming Stores. Your First?

Jul 1, 2013

I was going to say KB Toys, but I don't know if that counts lol.  In 1999 I first went to Funcoland.  I guess thats the first real gaming store I've went to.  Its now a Gamestop at that same location Smiley Sad

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 17 of 24 (42 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/04/2012
Offline
220 posts
 

Re: Gaming Stores. Your First?

Jul 1, 2013

dc4daniel wrote:

I was going to say KB Toys, but I don't know if that counts lol.  In 1999 I first went to Funcoland.  I guess thats the first real gaming store I've went to.  Its now a Gamestop at that same location Smiley Sad


I did some reading and it turns out gamestop bought out FuncolandSmiley Indifferent ...i use to spend time there testing out games before i bought them and talking with other games...o well...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 18 of 24 (38 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/08/2013
Offline
3578 posts
 

Re: Gaming Stores. Your First?

Jul 1, 2013
My first "game store" was the video game section in Walmart when I was 5 or 6 years old. I wanted to get Zelda: Ocarina of Time but according to the Walmart employee it's too violent for 5 year olds so I got Kirby instead (still a good game). It's funny because I was playing Ocarina of Time when it came out at my caregivers house. I wuv that game. <3
Message 19 of 24 (35 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 09/05/2012
Offline
8191 posts
 

Re: Gaming Stores. Your First?

Jul 1, 2013

userusb wrote:
My first "game store" was the video game section in Walmart when I was 5 or 6 years old. I wanted to get Zelda: Ocarina of Time but according to the Walmart employee it's too violent for 5 year olds so I got Kirby instead (still a good game). It's funny because I was playing Ocarina of Time when it came out at my caregivers house. I wuv that game. <3

I hated that back in the day when the employees notified your parents about the rating of the game Smiley Very Happy

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 20 of 24 (27 Views)
Reply
0 Likes