Highlighted
Jun 30 2013
By: TheLaughingSwine Lombax Warrior 220 posts

Gaming Stores. Your First?

[ Edited ]
23 replies 145 views Edited Jun 30, 2013

Hello, Post the first time you entered a gaming store ever.

The first time i entered a gaming store i was 4yr old. My father took me to a Funcoland, when we walked through the door i stopped and took a good look around at all the games, my dad called me over to him he picked me up and sat me down on the counter, the man behind the counter looked at me said "Alright little man what game system do you have?" my dad answerd "He has a NES" the man went over to a shelf and one by one picked game after game off the shelf, the mans arms full of NES games, he dropped the games on the desk and he asked me what games i wanted ... unable to look away at the pile of games infront of me i say "how do i know what ones are good" the man points to a TV hooked up in the store he told me i can try the games before i buy them, he told me and my dad to wait by the TV while he finds something for me to stand on...(i was 4yr old)...for almost 2 hours me and my dad and the Funcoland employee talked and played games together.

I don't think i will every forget that.

Please post your first your time.

Thank you for reading.Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 24 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Re: Gaming Stores. Your First?

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

One time I was playing the Sims and I had to take a poop

The End

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 2 of 24 (141 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

One time I was playing the Sims and I had to take a poop

The End

nvm you changed it 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 3 of 24 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Jun 30, 2013
I think it was when I was 8. I went to Rhino's (I think all of them are closed now). I got 007 Everything or Nothing used. I love(d) that game.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 4 of 24 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Jun 30, 2013
Here is another story. I was playing a VECTREX and I was thinking like "lulz nobody plays this anymore."
FiveFourteen
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 5 of 24 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jun 30, 2013

I never really experienced a "Game Store" until I was about 9-10 or so. It was an "Electronics Boutique" (aka EB Games) at a Mall. Then "Game Crazy" stores started popping up when I was in my late teens. Now it's "GameStop." -- And I can't even throw a rock without hitting one of those...

I don't remember how old I was (4-5 years old, maybe?)

But, my first experience with anything close to a game store was the game section of my local "Montgomery Ward." I was in heaven. All the Atari and NES titles... (It no longer exists. It was replaced by a Target years later.)

My other favorite places to visit were the game section of "K-Mart" and "Toys-R-Us." (in the 80's / 90's)

I just loved their displays. Now it's all just so uninspired and crammed together.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 6 of 24 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Jun 30, 2013
Here is one of my fav stories.

I was playing Final Fantasy then I went and bought the movies.
FiveFourteen
Message 7 of 24 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8189 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

First game store?

Divisoria. It's basically a mega-fleamarket with games at literally rock-bottom prices. I scored a PS1 with 90 games, extra controller and MC for about $100 back in 2001.

Message 8 of 24 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Jun 30, 2013
It wasn't memorable, i guess that's why i don't remember.

Back then i didn't care about games that much so it wasn't a big deal for me.
Message 9 of 24 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Jun 30, 2013
Omg you have to hear this story.

I was playing Spiderman 2 on the PS2 one day and for the first time I found ALL collectibles in a game
FiveFourteen
Message 10 of 24 (82 Views)
0 Likes