Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Re: Gamestop a rip off?

Sep 3, 2012

gamestop? tss

dey shuld be called gamerip or sumpthin. like hey! stop rippin' off my games gamestop.

========================================

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChipTVShow

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChipTVShow
Message 21 of 51 (289 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40067 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

ID-69 wrote:

BRIT-KO this is you:

BRIT-KO

Smiley LOL That was good, I'll Kudos that too!

BlackRock, I really wasn't trying to be rude or anything so apologies if I offended you, all I was trying to do was give you a heads-up before a Moderator saw it that was all.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 22 of 51 (278 Views)
Wastelander
845 posts

Sep 4, 2012

I don't think you can be that mad about it. It's a business. To hire the employees, pay for renting the building, as well as store displays and stuff, it seems only logical as a manager to try and make as much profit as possible. Why do ball parks rip us off with beer for $7-10 a cup? At theme parks/air ports, food prices 2-3x what you could spend at a fast food resturaunt. Because it's business.

The only thing I would tell you to do is craigslist the item (for fast cash), or even better, eBay it (for possibly a few more dollars). Both are better solutions then getting less then being upset at gamestop.

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 51 (270 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Sep 5, 2012
yes they are big time do yourself a favor skip gamestop
Message 24 of 51 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7985 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Think of Gamestop like a pawn shop. The pawn shop isn't going to give you list price for anything. They want yo give you as little as they can because it drives up the profits.

The only time it's worth trading games in is if they have one of those 30%-40%-50% added to certain trade ins. Otherwise you can get more for your games trading with friends or listing the games on craigslist.

Buying video games these days is almost like buying a car the minute you take it out of the display case you take huge hit on the game's worth. Add in the fact that a lot of new releases are coming with the one time use ONLINE PASS and once you use that the game loses another $10 in value.

Gamestop's business model is excellent. They would do better if they gave a little more on their trade ins and they could hire and train a little better than they do. Their turnover and transfers of employees is pretty awful. However the 10% employee discount and store managers get free games so working there does have some perks. I don't nor ever have worked for gamestop nor would I but I know some people that keep it as a part time job just for the discount.

We have 6 or 7 Gamestop's in the area and each of them are different. The managers and staff make the store unfortunately about 50% of the ones here aren't customer friendly.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd73/rseverclear/Lightemuprsteele2.png

Message 25 of 51 (222 Views)
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Oct 11, 2012

lmao @ "won't somebody please think of the children".  I don't know why people are so desperate to get rid of their games at Gamestop that they don't care getting ripped off. If you sell your games at a yard sale or on Craigs list you are sure to get a better deal. I saw a guy one time sell 6 games for 30 dollars credit at Gamestop. My jaw just dropped.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 26 of 51 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Hi, I once had a game that was in good condition and I hardly played it. I went to trade it in and they tried to give me more for the handheld video game that I was also trying to trade in and had allot of use, compared to the console game that I was trying to trade in, that was hardly ever used and was in good condition with its original case and everything. Not to mention that they wanted to give me an unrealisiitc amount for both and at the time and I excepted it anyways. They don't even sell games for half the price it is worth, as you may know. A person would have to sell a bunch of games that would probably only add up to half the price of one brand new game and I have witnessed it.

Then another time they tried to sell me a game that was already opened and the case was used for display, they were trying to sell it to me brand new and I went along with it, unwilling to speak up. So I ended up going back and getting it brand new, because it bothered me. Then another time I tried to get a game brand new and the lady insisted that it was new, even though it was already opened, so I walked out and decided not to make the same mistake again.

Message 27 of 51 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9869 posts

Oct 13, 2012
My brother traded in Max Payne 3 and Castlevania Lord of Shadows and only got $30 for both games. Such a rip-off but knew he wasn't going to get much for both games. I remember one time him wanting to trade Greenday Rockband when it was newly released and GS wanted to give him like $8. I usually just wait for those trade in a x amount of games and get $10 extra or $20 extra. Best Buy usually gives more for games but the process it kinda long compared to Gamestop's where your in and out. Also I hate when you cancel a game and the employee gets all sad or upset.
Message 28 of 51 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
29 posts

Oct 14, 2012

I have an idea. Dont trade in your games at all. i know that sounds kinda outlandish but hear me out. Rent a game first like from gamefly or redbox or any other game rental place. find out if you like the game and if you are going to play it multiple times which rates a $60 purchase. if it doesnt, return the game and move on to the next one. if it does, buy it and keep it for yourself forever. that way you dont have to worry about gamestop "ripping you off" on trade in values. Tadah.

Message 29 of 51 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Oct 14, 2012
Only reason to ever trade games with them are to earn a few points.
This is my signature. This is a ninja QK
Message 30 of 51 (183 Views)
0 Likes