PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Gamestop a rip off?

Sep 3, 2012
Now that Gamestop now has competition from Best Buy in trading in games, maybe that will effect their trade in values. If i were going to trade any games, I would wait until there was a promotion to maximize my money...
Message 11 of 51 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

Sep 3, 2012
Try Amazon; you're able to cut out the middleman and just sell your game directly to someone who wants it. You do have to ship it, but overall you'll receive around 33% more than Gamestop offers, if not more.
Message 12 of 51 (269 Views)
Last Guardian
9204 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

How about an auction site where you get all the money for yourself? 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 13 of 51 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
638 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

The only think I hate about Gamestop is their employee(s) keep badgering you for pre-orders games after checking out and the renewal annual membership that must be paid. Pfft..

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 14 of 51 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2801 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
Now that Gamestop now has competition from Best Buy in trading in games, maybe that will effect their trade in values. If i were going to trade any games, I would wait until there was a promotion to maximize my money...
Gamestop's trade-in values haven't changed because of Best Buy's trade-in program from what I can tell. Best Buy's trade-in values can be better depending on the game(s). Like right now Best Buy is offering $6 credit for Madden NFL 12  whereas GS is offering just $3. With Best Buy's 100% extra trade-in credit offer going right now, one would get $12 for it. Gamestop's 50% extra credit brings it up to a lowly $4.50. And to be fair my favorite local game store isn't offering a whole lot in trade credit for games these days either.
It's definitely better to what until there are are promotions to trade in games. This way one can get more towards whatever game(s) they're looking to buy. This could also mean having to trade less games to get what the other games they want.
Message 15 of 51 (245 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40080 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2012

ID-69 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Hey BlackRock, not that it offends me personally but just a heads-up, before a Moderator sees it or before someone else reports it you may want to remove that picture from your last post, it breaks Forum guidelines!

A lot of the time younger people come to these Forums looking for help too.

Hey BRIT-KO,

Let the moderators do their job okay? You can help them by reporting inappropriate posts. The 'report Inappropriate content' can be found in options, top right corner of the post. 

They did, the image has been removed.

By the way I am well aware of where the "report inappropriate comment" option is thank you, I was offering the responder the option of doing so before a Moderator saw it, they choose not to.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 16 of 51 (234 Views)
Splicer
83 posts

Sep 3, 2012

It's not that I choose not to.

So quick to conclude that I just logged on so basically I didn't get the memo.

BRIT-KO wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Hey BlackRock, not that it offends me personally but just a heads-up, before a Moderator sees it or before someone else reports it you may want to remove that picture from your last post, it breaks Forum guidelines!

A lot of the time younger people come to these Forums looking for help too.

Hey BRIT-KO,

Let the moderators do their job okay? You can help them by reporting inappropriate posts. The 'report Inappropriate content' can be found in options, top right corner of the post. 

They did, the image has been removed.

By the way I am well aware of where the "report inappropriate comment" option is thank you, I was offering the responder the option of doing so before a Moderator saw it, they choose not to.

Message 17 of 51 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9204 posts

Sep 3, 2012

BRIT-KO this is you:

BRIT-KO

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 18 of 51 (225 Views)
Splicer
83 posts

Sep 3, 2012

L.O.L profanity is everywhere Playstation just doesn't want to get sued.

Message 19 of 51 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

Sep 3, 2012

i purchase from gamestop, and i never sell my games. idk the point of selling games.

i look at my finished games as a memory, and you never forget a good time

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
trophy huting currently

Message 20 of 51 (208 Views)