Fender Bender
2922 posts

Re: Gamestop a rip off?

Oct 14, 2012

I feel the same way. Have you seen the Gamefly commercials? Haha, I would like to do the same. Anyway, I hate GameStop for many reasons, and that's why I don't do busyness with them.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 31 of 51 (170 Views)
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 14, 2012
Gamestop is best used when you are taking advantage of one of their deals, which they run all the time. Otherwise you are going to be cutting yourself short...
Message 32 of 51 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3058 posts

Oct 14, 2012

I will never and have never sold any of my games to gamestop because they under change people. I remember when I bought genji for the ps3 on amazon for $4 bucks new but gamestop was selling it for $35 used. I hate how they treat their employees but that's just me.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 33 of 51 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4487 posts

Re: GameStop a rip off?

Oct 16, 2012

GameStop is - in a way - a rip off. Yeah, they do over charge on some items and give you a lot less money for trading in games and etc'.

I've only bought very little from my local GameStop, it was a new system (as a backup) and pre-ordered BF3 due to the Limited Edition which turned out not so Limited Edition in the long run I thought. I usually just go to Target and buy my games their if I do or WalMart. Target has a GREAT return policy. No questions asked, then again, I live in California. Maybe that's why...

Anywho, if anyone is selling games, I would just sell on Craigslist. You would get top dollar, and don't have to pay for fee's for Ebay/Paypal or get less for your game if you go into Gamestop. Then again, it depends how fast you want that money or your willing to wait a few days to a week to sell your game(s).

I get so annoyed how the employees at Gamestop want me to buy everything once I'm ready to make a purchase. smh...

YB

Message 34 of 51 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9804 posts

Oct 16, 2012

megalink5 wrote:

I have an idea. Dont trade in your games at all. i know that sounds kinda outlandish but hear me out. Rent a game first like from gamefly or redbox or any other game rental place. find out if you like the game and if you are going to play it multiple times which rates a $60 purchase. if it doesnt, return the game and move on to the next one. if it does, buy it and keep it for yourself forever. that way you dont have to worry about gamestop "ripping you off" on trade in values. Tadah.

My brother does that and it has saved him hundredseven thousands of dollars instead of buying a $60 game then trading it in cause it sucked or he beat it.

Message 35 of 51 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9804 posts

Oct 16, 2012

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

I feel the same way. Have you seen the Gamefly commercials? Haha, I would like to do the same. Anyway, I hate GameStop for many reasons, and that's why I don't do busyness with them.

That commerical speaks the truth about Gamestop.

Message 36 of 51 (135 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Oct 16, 2012
GameStop isn't all bad, right now they are running a promotion where they are giving double store credit on system trades. If you take advantage of their promotions you come out ahead, if you don't then you get "ripped-off"...
Message 37 of 51 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3058 posts

Oct 16, 2012

The only times I buy anything from gamestop is when a game is bran new, like it has a mid-night realease bran new and has a special bonus for pre-ordering. Other then that I  just go to target or best buy to get my games.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 38 of 51 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
390 posts

Oct 19, 2012
If your going to do business with gs on used games do it during promotions. Like 3 or 4 games for an extra percentage or trading towards certain new games gives you extra percentage. Also only buy used during the buy two get one free deal. Gamestop isn't that bad if you do it smart. Plus poweruprewards helps.
Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Message 39 of 51 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Oct 19, 2012
They kinda hooked me up when i traded in my ps3 for my vita the gave me like 180 bucks trade in compared to like 100 dollars they initially offered which was a definite he|| no
Message 40 of 51 (85 Views)
0 Likes