Nov 17 2013
By: V1c1ousMike First Son 5 posts

Gamestop Return Policy on Consoles?

16 replies 5818 views Edited Nov 17, 2013

So my PS4 bit the dust 14 hours after I bought it.  Don't really want to ship it off already to have it repaired and would rather just get my money back for now.  I would rather wait until they are more realiable.  That being said what is the return policy on defective consoles at Gamestop?  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 17 (5,818 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Re: Gamestop Return Policy on Consoles?

Nov 17, 2013

On their website..

Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value, including Xbox 360 systems with "Red Ring" errors, scratched games and more. In most cases, special trade offers still apply! See a game advisor 
for details.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 2 of 17 (5,812 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

Nov 17, 2013

You can take it back, with your reciept and get a replacement. That is all you will get from them. They are deffinately not going to give you your money back, broke console or not. They do not know if you broke it So either go back to Gamestop and get a new one, or, contact Sony and get it set up for repair through them. Those are your options..

Message 3 of 17 (5,808 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
674 posts

Nov 17, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

On their website..

Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value, including Xbox 360 systems with "Red Ring" errors, scratched games and more. In most cases, special trade offers still apply! See a game advisor 
for details.

That's for trade-ins. Their return policy says you have 7 days to return a faulty console.

Message 4 of 17 (5,803 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 17, 2013

"Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value"

I know your just quoting what they said.  But what do they mean by 'trade' for a lesser value.  I can't even get store credit or nothing?  I mean if I was just taking it back because I simply didn't like it then I could understand not getting a refund or credit.  But if it's defective out of the box that is kinda screwing the consumer.  If anything I just wanted to get store credit and wait for another batch to come in and hopefully get one that works.

Message 5 of 17 (5,801 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Lestat573 wrote:

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

On their website..

for details.

That's for trade-ins. Their return policy says you have 7 days to return a faulty console.

So I CAN return the console and get my money back or a store credit then?  My landline is out and I live 28 miles away from the store so I'm just trying to be sure so I don't waste gas lol.

Message 6 of 17 (5,799 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Nov 17, 2013

I don't know where it says on the website about just returning, I only know about trading.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 7 of 17 (5,795 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Thing of it is my landline is out and has been for awhile and it's 28 miles to Gamestop.  I tried asking over at Gamespot forums but they just assume I'm 'trolling' which I'm not.  Heck I loved my PS4 while she lasted, just don't want to exchange it until they get the hardware issues sorted out.  If I can I just want to have it put back as store credit so I can just pick one up maybe in january or february.

Message 8 of 17 (5,791 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9319 posts

Nov 17, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

On their website..

for details.

How do you know this info for sure. Why don't you provide us a link so we know your up to date on things. Did you ever work there. Or ever work in your life..lol..opps
Message 9 of 17 (5,787 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2412 posts

Nov 17, 2013

V1c1ousMike wrote:

Thing of it is my landline is out and has been for awhile and it's 28 miles to Gamestop.  I tried asking over at Gamespot forums but they just assume I'm 'trolling' which I'm not.  Heck I loved my PS4 while she lasted, just don't want to exchange it until they get the hardware issues sorted out.  If I can I just want to have it put back as store credit so I can just pick one up maybe in January or February.

Well a troll is headed their way.

Creep
Message 10 of 17 (5,784 Views)
0 Likes