Wastelander
674 posts

Re: Gamestop Return Policy on Consoles?

Nov 17, 2013

You still have your receipt, right? I just double-checked the back of mine and it looks like I was wrong. It actually says:

- A receipt is required for all returns and exchanges.

- Opened new merchandise = identical exchange within 30 days of purchase (no refunds)

So it sounds like you're entitled to an exchange. I would go up there and ask for an exchange. If they say they don't have any then I would demand my money back. You may have to just accept an exchange if they actually have more in stock though.

Message 11 of 17 (686 Views)
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2013

Yeah okay.  Because I spent $435 and told my PS4 to break down just so I can go out in the rain on a **bleep** sunday afternoon to return it.  Venom you are an idiot sir.

Message 12 of 17 (683 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Nov 17, 2013
This is why gamestop sucks. I'm glad I bought mine from kmart.
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 13 of 17 (672 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5018 posts

Nov 17, 2013
Message 14 of 17 (667 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
569 posts

Nov 17, 2013

If you break down crying in the middle of the store with 10 minutes to closing you'll get your refund.

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 15 of 17 (663 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1307 posts

Nov 17, 2013

V1c1ousMike wrote:

Thing of it is my landline is out and has been for awhile and it's 28 miles to Gamestop.  I tried asking over at Gamespot forums but they just assume I'm 'trolling' which I'm not.  Heck I loved my PS4 while she lasted, just don't want to exchange it until they get the hardware issues sorted out.  If I can I just want to have it put back as store credit so I can just pick one up maybe in january or february.

If you love it so much you'd get another one, they all aren't faulty....I am never going back to Microsoft. I absolutely love the PS4, no ads(yet knocks on wood), and it's just an all around great system

Message 16 of 17 (660 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Nov 17, 2013

ANY of the Gamestops around me obviously don't follow their own policy then..... I've been TOLD by them and done it five times on GAMES..... opened or not you have 7 days to return a USED game and 30 days to return a NEW game for a full refund.

Returned a brand new copy of Grid (didnt' like driving on ice) after a week and returned two used games after a few days (the other two I don't remember). Full refund.....

I'd assume they would do the same thing with all their merchandise but hell idk...

Message 17 of 17 (644 Views)
0 Likes