Uncharted Territory
1534 posts

Re: Nintendo Fans are going to be in an uproar over this...

Nov 18, 2006
actually the only reason i consider buying a 360 is for Gears of war and assasins creed

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Message 71 of 82 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10631 posts

Re: Gamespot's Wii Zelda Review

Nov 18, 2006

wrote:

Spo8 wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Spo8 wrote:

yankeessuck wrote:

Spo8 wrote:
If that review is accurate, it's going to be a huge blow to the Wii.  This is the game all the fanboys are saying will make up for the other mediocre launch titles.

its going to be a huge blow because gamespot gave it an 8.8? did you read the review?

where do people come up with this logic?

Yes.  How do they expect to convince people to upgrade to the Wii when the main complaint against the game is lack of innovation or evolution in gameplay.

Honestly, most people won't care. The fact that there's motion control in the game will be enough for most

Well nintendo has never had to worry about the hardcore fans, as a lot tend to be a bit fanatical.  It's the average gamer that isn't sure if they should just get it for the GC or buy the Wii, as it's the only Wii game worth buying right now.

A bit fanatical? Are you trying to be polite? Nintendo's fans are the worst. Look what they did to Digg.com.

Yeah, I was trying to be polite.  What's happened on Digg is disgraceful.  Nintendo fans tend to be the most immature, misinfomed, and blind-faith placing of any console's brand. 
Message 72 of 82 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Nov 18, 2006

BoBoTheMonkey wrote:
Considering Resistance got only a 9.1, then I'd say it's fair.

What do you mean only 9.1? Anything 8 and up is a great score for any game.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Message 73 of 82 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4534 posts

Nov 18, 2006

wrote:

GamerGuy15 wrote:

wrote:

GamerGuy15 wrote:

wrote:

GamerGuy15 wrote:
Judging from the reviews of a lot of sites and magazines, I can safely say that Twilight Princess will be one of, if not the best game this year. I've been looking forward to it ever since it was announced, and I can't wait to play it.

Sorry, Final Fantasy XII already took game of the year

Bully occupies 2nd place.

Infact, theres a number of PS2, Xbox, Xbox360, and PC games that are better than Zelda.

Forgot about FFXII, still need to go get that. Smiley Tongue

I still think its going to be a top candidate for Game of the Year. I don't see Bully being in second place at all, but that's my opinion. I think TP is going to "make a lot of noise" as NBA fans would say. Its a system seller that's for sure. Brilliant move on Nintendo's part to make it a launch title.

Of course Zelda will "make a lot of noise". Just because it is a Nintendo game with the Zelda name on it. The rabid Nintendo fans will eat it up. Despite the fact that they never even played the first 4 games, and a good amount of them skipped on Wind Waker and Majora's Mask

You sure don't like Nintendo, don't you? Smiley Tongue

I have friends who are getting it, and they can't wait for it, and they're not rabid Nintendo fans. One of them really isn't into the Zelda games, but the reviews of TP and seeing what it's like is making him want the game quite badly.

You know how Gears of War is making people go buy 360's? Well Twilight Princess is going to do the same thing for the Wii. Its already getting near perfect reviews from most of the gaming related sites and magazines. Now most of them are pretty-nonbiased in their reviews, so that's telling you something right there. It may not be the best game ever, but it's still one hell of a great game. Worthy of buying a Wii just to play it.

Game reviews haven't meant anything for years, since Ocarina of Time received perfect scores. Game reviewers basically say what people want to hear, so it drives up readership (and therefore, advertising revenues). Game reviews are as reliable as movie reviews or music reviews. Nobody pays attention to them anymore and they have lost all of their value.

I really don't see anyone buying an Xbox360 for Gears of War either. To me it's just yet another FPS in a sea of a million FPS. It's not going to make the Xbox360 surpass the PS2 in sales (which it only did once, for a month, many months ago).

It's understandable that he might want Twilight Princess. Zelda is a good game the first time you play it. But when you end up playing the same game three times with slightly different story elements and graphics, it gets old.

The only thing I don't like about Nintendo is the reputation they get (god-like) for screwing their insanely loyal fanbase over.

People still buy games based on reviews...I've learned that doing so is risky. I once tried out a game (forget the name now) that got pretty good reviews from sites, magazines, ect. I thought the game was garbage. Its a "to each his own" type of deal when it comes to opinions on games. Even though I haven't played TP yet, I still plan on getting it. Why? Not just because its a Zelda game, but because I've had great experiences with Zelda games in the past, and TP looks to continue that trend of excellence.

Enough about that though.

I agree with you about Gears of War, but its been getting some buzz and people are buying it. From what I've seen on these boards and from real life experience, its a game that is selling systems. Granted it may not be selling systems like hotcakes, but it still does sell systems nonetheless.

Nintendo is taking a new step in direction with the Wii. Its a risky one, but I believe its going to pay off big time. Give developers a bit of time and they'll be taking the Wii's capabilities to new depths pretty soon. I was honestly scared for a little while, but from what I've seen so far, the Wii will more than live up to the hype.

Keep in mind that everthing I just said was my personally opinion, and nothing is going to change that. Smiley Tongue
OTR
Message 74 of 82 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9011 posts

Nov 18, 2006

wrote:

GamerGuy15 wrote:

wrote:

GamerGuy15 wrote:
Judging from the reviews of a lot of sites and magazines, I can safely say that Twilight Princess will be one of, if not the best game this year. I've been looking forward to it ever since it was announced, and I can't wait to play it.

Infact, theres a number of PS2, Xbox, Xbox360, and PC games that are better than Zelda.

I still think its going to be a top candidate for Game of the Year. I don't see Bully being in second place at all, but that's my opinion. I think TP is going to "make a lot of noise" as NBA fans would say. Its a system seller that's for sure. Brilliant move on Nintendo's part to make it a launch title.

Of course Zelda will "make a lot of noise". Just because it is a Nintendo game with the Zelda name on it. The rabid Nintendo fans will eat it up. Despite the fact that they never even played the first 4 games, and a good amount of them skipped on Wind Waker and Majora's Mask

i did skip majoras mask because i couldnt find it for the n64, and the 1 time i did it said it needed some rumble thing to make it work i dunno so i didnt ever get it.. and i didnt get wind waker because i dont have game cube because gamecubes suck.. im not a rabid nin fan.... but i did play the zelda and link game on nes
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 75 of 82 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 19, 2006

TheSepheroth wrote:
my stance of f12 not bein a  GREAT game i never said it wasnt good just not like FFX is that the game is way to much wandering withought any story, the cast all looks as bad as tidus did to ffx cept for Fran. The Battle system detroys the game becuase you have to constantly change your Gambits, Getting Lp is way too easy and the new quickinings are not original at all, also in terms of diffuculty a few quickaning chains is all it takes to win.

The fact that FF12 isn't like FF10 is a GREAT thing

FFX was good, and better than any RPG on the competing systems (and still better than what you find on the Xbox360). But it was far below the standards set by even FF9.

All of the characters in FF12 are good. Fran actually gets on my nerves. You know, I have a real girlfriend, so I don't get all excited about a polygonal character that wears a g-string with rabbit ears The characters in FF12 are far better too. Theres no cheesy love story (yet), theres no main character with daddy issues crying about how he hates his father every 2 minutes, theres no female robot as the lead female, etc. The best character in FFX was a dead guy.

The battle system is better too. It and the gambit system require you to actually be on your feet and think about what you're doing. In FFX all you did was trade hits and hope that your hits were more powerful. It was your turn, their turn, your turn, their turn, repeat until somebody dies.

Not to mention FFX was one giant path. You walked from point A to point B. Towns literally had entrances and exits.

The Sphere Grid was also the worst idea Square has ever implimented in a game. It took far too long to level up and gain HP. Some people say that it allows you to customize your characters, but thats a load of BS. By the time I was done, Yuna was dealing out just as much physical damage as Tidus or Auron.

Another thing I like about FF12 is the fact that you do have to wonder and explore. Just like games before FFX. It's not a set path. You have to find where you're going. It at least gives the impression that the game is non-linear. Unlike FFX where you literally go from point A to point B.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 76 of 82 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15009 posts

Nov 19, 2006
It sounds fair to me.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 77 of 82 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 19, 2006

Spo8 wrote:

wrote:

Spo8 wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Spo8 wrote:

yankeessuck wrote:

Spo8 wrote:
If that review is accurate, it's going to be a huge blow to the Wii.  This is the game all the fanboys are saying will make up for the other mediocre launch titles.

its going to be a huge blow because gamespot gave it an 8.8? did you read the review?

where do people come up with this logic?

Yes.  How do they expect to convince people to upgrade to the Wii when the main complaint against the game is lack of innovation or evolution in gameplay.

Honestly, most people won't care. The fact that there's motion control in the game will be enough for most

Well nintendo has never had to worry about the hardcore fans, as a lot tend to be a bit fanatical.  It's the average gamer that isn't sure if they should just get it for the GC or buy the Wii, as it's the only Wii game worth buying right now.

A bit fanatical? Are you trying to be polite? Nintendo's fans are the worst. Look what they did to Digg.com.

Yeah, I was trying to be polite.  What's happened on Digg is disgraceful.  Nintendo fans tend to be the most immature, misinfomed, and blind-faith placing of any console's brand. 

Digg has become such a sad place man. One guys PS3 had problems reading discs and it somehow becomes front page news.

And it's not just that. Theres so many "Stories" submitted by people that are just trying to push their own personal politics, or spamming their own blogs. Digg was a great source of news. But now it's overrun by the anti-Sony crowd.

Message 78 of 82 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12093 posts

Nov 19, 2006
Exact score I would give it.  Except, I would give sound an 8.  The tiny speaker in the controller makes everything more realistic in my opinion while I played it. I'm still only like an 8th through the game.Smiley Sad
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Message 79 of 82 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 19, 2006

GamerGuy15 wrote:

wrote:

GamerGuy15 wrote:

wrote:

GamerGuy15 wrote:

wrote:

GamerGuy15 wrote:

You sure don't like Nintendo, don't you? Smiley Tongue

I have friends who are getting it, and they can't wait for it, and they're not rabid Nintendo fans. One of them really isn't into the Zelda games, but the reviews of TP and seeing what it's like is making him want the game quite badly.

You know how Gears of War is making people go buy 360's? Well Twilight Princess is going to do the same thing for the Wii. Its already getting near perfect reviews from most of the gaming related sites and magazines. Now most of them are pretty-nonbiased in their reviews, so that's telling you something right there. It may not be the best game ever, but it's still one hell of a great game. Worthy of buying a Wii just to play it.

Game reviews haven't meant anything for years, since Ocarina of Time received perfect scores. Game reviewers basically say what people want to hear, so it drives up readership (and therefore, advertising revenues). Game reviews are as reliable as movie reviews or music reviews. Nobody pays attention to them anymore and they have lost all of their value.

I really don't see anyone buying an Xbox360 for Gears of War either. To me it's just yet another FPS in a sea of a million FPS. It's not going to make the Xbox360 surpass the PS2 in sales (which it only did once, for a month, many months ago).

It's understandable that he might want Twilight Princess. Zelda is a good game the first time you play it. But when you end up playing the same game three times with slightly different story elements and graphics, it gets old.

The only thing I don't like about Nintendo is the reputation they get (god-like) for screwing their insanely loyal fanbase over.

People still buy games based on reviews...I've learned that doing so is risky. I once tried out a game (forget the name now) that got pretty good reviews from sites, magazines, ect. I thought the game was garbage. Its a "to each his own" type of deal when it comes to opinions on games. Even though I haven't played TP yet, I still plan on getting it. Why? Not just because its a Zelda game, but because I've had great experiences with Zelda games in the past, and TP looks to continue that trend of excellence.

Enough about that though.

I agree with you about Gears of War, but its been getting some buzz and people are buying it. From what I've seen on these boards and from real life experience, its a game that is selling systems. Granted it may not be selling systems like hotcakes, but it still does sell systems nonetheless.

Nintendo is taking a new step in direction with the Wii. Its a risky one, but I believe its going to pay off big time. Give developers a bit of time and they'll be taking the Wii's capabilities to new depths pretty soon. I was honestly scared for a little while, but from what I've seen so far, the Wii will more than live up to the hype.

Keep in mind that everthing I just said was my personally opinion, and nothing is going to change that. Smiley Tongue

I honestly feel bad for the people who buy games based on reviews. They're really not unbiased at all. They're all about just saying what the readers want to hear so it drives up traffic. And the reviews that are obviously biased are the worst. ugh, look at Nintendo Power. In their eyes, every N64 game released was a triple A title. I remember them trying to say the SNES version of Doom was better than the PC version. They also tried to play down the PS version of MK3 because it had loading times.

I did lose faith in reviews with Zelda: OoT though. All of the reviews made it out to be a perfect game. But by the time I was finished with the second dungeon I was already thinking "when does this get better?" Espicially seeing as how I was used to previous Zelda games with LARGE worlds to explore that were filled with enemies.

It's really better to rent games than rely on reviews. That's what I do. I'll rent the game. If I can beat it in the rental time, then I don't buy it. But if it's truly good, I'll go buy it. I may spend an extra few bucks more, but I never pay full price for games anyway. I always buy them from stores that have them on sale.

But Zelda, I skip on because of the experience with previous 3D Games. If they would release a 2D game like the SNES version (without the stupid voices!), I would consider getting it. But I don't like the 3D Zeldas. They  truly are 3D versions of 2D games. The puzzles are generally the same as in the 2D games (push a block, light a torch). There has only been very basic 3D elements, such as hopping to lower or higher ledges, or shooting at a high target with the bow and arrow. In contrast, you look at Mario 64, and it was a truly 3D remake of the series. Just the way Mario was able to interact with the environment. But Zelda was just a 2D game with 3D graphics and very minor 3D elements that had already been in play for years before it was released.

And now that it has been confirmed that it is, again, the same basic story as the SNES game.. I can't honestly see a reason to play through it again.

And I certainly can't see spending $250 on the Wii when Zelda and Mario will most likely be the only games to own on the system. The controller isn't that great. It truly is just replacing button presses with wrist movements. You don't have to stand up and swing the controller for a tennis game. You can set down on a couch and just move your wrist in a similar motion. The only thing the Wii-mote is good for is aiming in FPS. But that depends on a number of things, such as sunlight not hitting the sensor bar, your height in relation to the screen and sensor bar, etc. The controls are also far too limited to allow for a game like GTA, or even Final Fantasy.

Nintendo argues that games have gotten too complex. But I don't think so. They used the same argument with the GameCube. But the GameCube "lost". The "complex" games on the Xbox and PS2 are what sold.

So I mean, honestly, what's the point of playing a game where you shake the controller to jump instead of pressing B?

I don't see the point in the whole "SIXAXIS" thing either. Why point the controller down to dive in an airplane when you can just press the analog stick in the same direction? It's the same result.

Message 80 of 82 (2 Views)
0 Likes