Fender Bender
3059 posts

Re: Gamespot's Wii Zelda Review

Nov 18, 2006

TheSepheroth wrote:
Im pretty sure you have to play zelda to know if its best and as for F12 imo its pretty lame although i still like it compared to the others its lame

And how is it lame? It may not be the best in the series (no game has come close to FF6), but it's far better than any Zelda game and better than the rest of the games that have come out this year.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 61 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 18, 2006

GamerGuy15 wrote:

wrote:

GamerGuy15 wrote:
Judging from the reviews of a lot of sites and magazines, I can safely say that Twilight Princess will be one of, if not the best game this year. I've been looking forward to it ever since it was announced, and I can't wait to play it.

Sorry, Final Fantasy XII already took game of the year

Bully occupies 2nd place.

Infact, theres a number of PS2, Xbox, Xbox360, and PC games that are better than Zelda.

Forgot about FFXII, still need to go get that. Smiley Tongue

I still think its going to be a top candidate for Game of the Year. I don't see Bully being in second place at all, but that's my opinion. I think TP is going to "make a lot of noise" as NBA fans would say. Its a system seller that's for sure. Brilliant move on Nintendo's part to make it a launch title.

Of course Zelda will "make a lot of noise". Just because it is a Nintendo game with the Zelda name on it. The rabid Nintendo fans will eat it up. Despite the fact that they never even played the first 4 games, and a good amount of them skipped on Wind Waker and Majora's Mask

Message 62 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9011 posts

Re: Nintendo Fans are going to be in an uproar over this...

Nov 18, 2006

joedirt131 wrote:
An 8.8?! How dare they? Every Zelda game ever created deserves a perfect 10!!!

Boy, GameSpot's gonna be recieving quite a few angry emails from the fanboys sometime soon.

what i think is funny is people was saying this game would be " the Best Zelda game EVER made" maybe not?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 63 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1534 posts

Nov 18, 2006
ff12 Barely beats x-2 on my scale

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Message 64 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 18, 2006

TheSepheroth wrote:
ff12 Barely beats x-2 on my scale

And FFX-2 was better than FFX, so what's your point?

That doesn't explain how FF12 isn't a good game.

Message 65 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1534 posts

Nov 18, 2006
ffx-2 better then ffx now ur talking tongues

Message 66 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4534 posts

Nov 18, 2006

wrote:

GamerGuy15 wrote:

wrote:

GamerGuy15 wrote:
Judging from the reviews of a lot of sites and magazines, I can safely say that Twilight Princess will be one of, if not the best game this year. I've been looking forward to it ever since it was announced, and I can't wait to play it.

Infact, theres a number of PS2, Xbox, Xbox360, and PC games that are better than Zelda.

I still think its going to be a top candidate for Game of the Year. I don't see Bully being in second place at all, but that's my opinion. I think TP is going to "make a lot of noise" as NBA fans would say. Its a system seller that's for sure. Brilliant move on Nintendo's part to make it a launch title.

Of course Zelda will "make a lot of noise". Just because it is a Nintendo game with the Zelda name on it. The rabid Nintendo fans will eat it up. Despite the fact that they never even played the first 4 games, and a good amount of them skipped on Wind Waker and Majora's Mask

You sure don't like Nintendo, don't you? Smiley Tongue

I have friends who are getting it, and they can't wait for it, and they're not rabid Nintendo fans. One of them really isn't into the Zelda games, but the reviews of TP and seeing what it's like is making him want the game quite badly.

You know how Gears of War is making people go buy 360's? Well Twilight Princess is going to do the same thing for the Wii. Its already getting near perfect reviews from most of the gaming related sites and magazines. Now most of them are pretty-nonbiased in their reviews, so that's telling you something right there. It may not be the best game ever, but it's still one hell of a great game. Worthy of buying a Wii just to play it.
OTR
Message 67 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 18, 2006

TheSepheroth wrote:
ffx-2 better then ffx now ur talking tongues

I can give hundreds of reasons as to why FFX-2 was better than FFX. For starters, the battle system was MUCH better. Tidus was gone until the very end. They got rid of the god forsaken Sphere Grid. The voice acting was better, the graphics were better, it wasn't as linear. etc. etc.

But you have yet to explain your stance on FF12 not being a good game

Message 68 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 18, 2006

GamerGuy15 wrote:

wrote:

GamerGuy15 wrote:

wrote:

GamerGuy15 wrote:

You sure don't like Nintendo, don't you? Smiley Tongue

I have friends who are getting it, and they can't wait for it, and they're not rabid Nintendo fans. One of them really isn't into the Zelda games, but the reviews of TP and seeing what it's like is making him want the game quite badly.

You know how Gears of War is making people go buy 360's? Well Twilight Princess is going to do the same thing for the Wii. Its already getting near perfect reviews from most of the gaming related sites and magazines. Now most of them are pretty-nonbiased in their reviews, so that's telling you something right there. It may not be the best game ever, but it's still one hell of a great game. Worthy of buying a Wii just to play it.

Game reviews haven't meant anything for years, since Ocarina of Time received perfect scores. Game reviewers basically say what people want to hear, so it drives up readership (and therefore, advertising revenues). Game reviews are as reliable as movie reviews or music reviews. Nobody pays attention to them anymore and they have lost all of their value.

I really don't see anyone buying an Xbox360 for Gears of War either. To me it's just yet another FPS in a sea of a million FPS. It's not going to make the Xbox360 surpass the PS2 in sales (which it only did once, for a month, many months ago).

It's understandable that he might want Twilight Princess. Zelda is a good game the first time you play it. But when you end up playing the same game three times with slightly different story elements and graphics, it gets old.

The only thing I don't like about Nintendo is the reputation they get (god-like) for screwing their insanely loyal fanbase over.

Message 69 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1534 posts

Nov 18, 2006
my stance of f12 not bein a  GREAT game i never said it wasnt good just not like FFX is that the game is way to much wandering withought any story, the cast all looks as bad as tidus did to ffx cept for Fran. The Battle system detroys the game becuase you have to constantly change your Gambits, Getting Lp is way too easy and the new quickinings are not original at all, also in terms of diffuculty a few quickaning chains is all it takes to win.

Message 70 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes