Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5818 posts

Re: Nintendo Fans are going to be in an uproar over this...

Nov 18, 2006

TheSepheroth wrote:
i dont rely n gamspot i trust ign more

Yeah , cuz they give high scores to games that don't deserve it.

Can you see.. Arbiter ? The moment of salvation.. is upon us.
Message 41 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13671 posts

Re: Nintendo Fans are going to be in an uproar over this...

Nov 18, 2006

BoBoTheMonkey wrote:
Considering Resistance got only a 9.1, then I'd say it's fair.

resistence got an 8.6

Message 42 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Re: Gamespot's Wii Zelda Review

Nov 18, 2006

Spo8 wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Spo8 wrote:

yankeessuck wrote:

Spo8 wrote:
If that review is accurate, it's going to be a huge blow to the Wii.  This is the game all the fanboys are saying will make up for the other mediocre launch titles.

its going to be a huge blow because gamespot gave it an 8.8? did you read the review?

where do people come up with this logic?

Yes.  How do they expect to convince people to upgrade to the Wii when the main complaint against the game is lack of innovation or evolution in gameplay.

Honestly, most people won't care. The fact that there's motion control in the game will be enough for most

Well nintendo has never had to worry about the hardcore fans, as a lot tend to be a bit fanatical.  It's the average gamer that isn't sure if they should just get it for the GC or buy the Wii, as it's the only Wii game worth buying right now.

A bit fanatical? Are you trying to be polite? Nintendo's fans are the worst. Look what they did to Digg.com.

Nintendo released one of the worst games in the history of gaming, Yoshi's Story, and it still sold in the millions
Anyway, Zelda doesn't even deserve a score in the 8s. Ever since Ocarina, Zelda has only been a 5 game. Why? Because, except for Majora's Mask, every game has the same story rehashed. They keep going back to the SNES game and just changing little things here and there.

And now this game? It's basically what Ocarina should have been 8 years ago. What has changed since the first 3D Zelda? You still lock on and target enemies. But instead of bashing the sword button, you shake your wrist to swing the sword.

What Nintendo is doing to Zelda is no different than what George Lucas has done/is doing with the Star Wars movies. Releasing the same crap in a new package.
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
Message 43 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 18, 2006
Also wanted to say that I don't bash Zelda.

I simply speak the truth about it.

The truth is that Zelda's story has been rehashed multiple times now. Even the reviewer who once gave Ocarina of Time a perfect score says the game is rehashed and old.

It's also the truth that Zelda plays worse now than before. You still auto-target, but shaking the controller instead of mashing a button? No thanks.

It's also the truth that the game, save for a couple of instances of decent looking water, doesn't even look as good as FFX once did.

Zelda is the same old thing in a new package. But the sad thing is that the fanboys will eat it up.

Message 44 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2117 posts

Nov 18, 2006
I myself was mad, it is a 10/10 game, but the lowest score I have seen was 8.8, the guy was probably on a hang over when he wrote it, so now I will only mark games out of 8.8 so 8.8 is the new 10 for me.
Message 45 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1717 posts

Nov 18, 2006
HOORAY! Can't wait!

GTA 3- 100% GTA San Andreas- 100%
Message 46 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2117 posts

Nov 18, 2006

wrote:

The truth is that Zelda's story has been rehashed multiple times now. Even the reviewer who once gave Ocarina of Time a perfect score says the game is rehashed and old.

It's also the truth that Zelda plays worse now than before. You still auto-target, but shaking the controller instead of mashing a button? No thanks.

It's also the truth that the game, save for a couple of instances of decent looking water, doesn't even look as good as FFX once did.

Zelda is the same old thing in a new package. But the sad thing is that the fanboys will eat it up.

It may be rehashed but everytime with a new concept and compelling story. Each game brings you deeper into the depths of Zelda You are just talking about the controls and graphics, the graphics quite frankly i couldn't care less for, but the controls are a learning curve. Take metroid prime hunters, those controls were probably a steep learning curve as any, however after playthign the game for a bit it became easier and more entertainig. I don't know if you are dissing auto target, but IMO in a 3rd person game it is almost required. 
Message 47 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 18, 2006

ps-person wrote:

wrote:

It may be rehashed but everytime with a new concept and compelling story. Each game brings you deeper into the depths of Zelda You are just talking about the controls and graphics, the graphics quite frankly i couldn't care less for, but the controls are a learning curve. Take metroid prime hunters, those controls were probably a steep learning curve as any, however after playthign the game for a bit it became easier and more entertainig. I don't know if you are dissing auto target, but IMO in a 3rd person game it is almost required. 

Compelling story? Didn't you read what I said about Zelda. Furthermore, have you actually paid attention when playing Zelda? With the exception of Majora's Mask, it has been the same story retold in slightly different ways. Theres nothing compelling at all about hearing the same story again, told in a slightly different manner.

It isn't just the same plot with a new story on top of it, it literally is the same story with a few elements changed. Go play A Link to the Past, then Ocarina, then Wind Waker, and now Twighlight Princess and tell me, with a straight face, that the story is not only compelling, but DIFFERENT.

Auto-targetting is not needed at all. SOCOM, despite the fact that the series has gone down the crapper, is a perfect example of no need for auto-targetting.

And seriously, how much easier does Zelda need to be? Ocarina claimed 40 hours of gameplay, without side-quests. But who honestly wasn't able to walk through the game in 12 hours or less?

WHat learning curve are you talking about with Twightly Princess? The Wii-mote is being used in typical Wii-mote fashion. And that is replacing button presses with wrist movements. Instead of pressing A or B you shake the controller. That's not a learning curve. That's, quite frankly, stupid.

Zelda is no longer a good game. The last good Zelda game was Zelda: Link's Awakening. Ocarina of Time took the SNES game, changed a few story elements, and made it 3D and lowered the difficulty. Majora's Mask was just silly. Wind Waker destroyed the graphics, took the same Zelda story that has been around since the first two games, changed a few elements, and re-released it. Twighlight Princess is the same thing.

Tell me, why would you want to play the same game you played 15 years ago on the SNES?

Message 48 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1534 posts

Nov 18, 2006
tell  me why do people buy madden or nba live every year

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Message 49 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Nov 18, 2006

TheSepheroth wrote:
tell  me why do people buy madden or nba live every year

Because Madden receives more new updates every year than Zelda has since the jump from 2D to 3D?

Plus you get new rosters, new player/team standings, etc. Basically, not only do you get all around improvements (and more annually than Zelda has gotten in a decade), but the games are also FUN. Last time I had fun with Zelda? Link's Awakening.

And the incredibly ironic thing here is that most of these people who talk about how great Zelda is weren't even around to play the original games! Look at the sales of previous Zelda games.

Ocarina of Time sold more than the previous games did! A clear indication that it was the first for many so-called Zelda fans. Not only that, but Wind Waker only sold slightly more than Zelda 2, the game regarded as the worst in the series!

Zelda is only overhyped slightly more than Halo.

Message Edited by on 11-17-2006 10:51 PM

Message 50 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes