Survivor
2914 posts

Re: Gamespot's Wii Zelda Review

Nov 18, 2006
The only major complaint about it is that it's very similar to Ocarina of Time. Since I think Ocarina of Time is absolutley perfect, i don't see how that can be a problem
**DAY MAN. FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN. CHAMPION OF THE SUN. YOU'RE A MASTER OF KARATE AND FRIENDSHIP... FOR EVERYONE DAY MAN**
Message 31 of 82 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Nov 18, 2006

Ratchet728 wrote:
The only major complaint about it is that it's very similar to Ocarina of Time. Since I think Ocarina of Time is absolutley perfect, i don't see how that can be a problem

I think the point they were trying to make is that it doesn't seem too original
Message 32 of 82 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7335 posts

Nov 18, 2006
Oh man, this is going to upset some serious fanboys. I really can't believe it got an 8.8.
Message 33 of 82 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2914 posts

Nov 18, 2006

chain-chain wrote:
Oh man, this is going to upset some serious fanboys. I really can't believe it got an 8.8.

look at the Nsider forums, the kiddies are in a mad panic. I love Zelda, but I can respect other people's opinions, but apperently nintendo freaks can't  Smiley Wink
**DAY MAN. FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN. CHAMPION OF THE SUN. YOU'RE A MASTER OF KARATE AND FRIENDSHIP... FOR EVERYONE DAY MAN**
Message 34 of 82 (1 View)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
13470 posts

Nov 18, 2006
Great reviewSmiley Wink

Message 35 of 82 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7863 posts

Nov 18, 2006
Dissapointing for a Zelda. Was expecting a lot more.
Message 36 of 82 (1 View)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10631 posts

Nov 18, 2006

JDplasma11 wrote:

Spo8 wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Spo8 wrote:

yankeessuck wrote:

Spo8 wrote:
If that review is accurate, it's going to be a huge blow to the Wii.  This is the game all the fanboys are saying will make up for the other mediocre launch titles.

its going to be a huge blow because gamespot gave it an 8.8? did you read the review?

where do people come up with this logic?

Yes.  How do they expect to convince people to upgrade to the Wii when the main complaint against the game is lack of innovation or evolution in gameplay.

Honestly, most people won't care. The fact that there's motion control in the game will be enough for most

Well nintendo has never had to worry about the hardcore fans, as a lot tend to be a bit fanatical.  It's the average gamer that isn't sure if they should just get it for the GC or buy the Wii, as it's the only Wii game worth buying right now.

I know a ton of kids at my school who hardly play games that can't wait for the Wii. All they know is that you can move your arms to move the sword, and it's a done deal. There's one kid I know who loves Zelda so much he'd buy if if every single review gave it a 1.

Add in the fact that the Wii's by far the cheapest gaming system out there, and it'll have no trouble selling. Will people be happy with it, though, and will it ever be more than a gimmick? Hearing GS say that the sound in the remote is tinny and sounds cheap isn't very reassuring, but we'll see

I think they'll take the time to at least see what a few games get or read an overall review of the system before they buy.  Like I said, every system has the fans that could care less what people think, because they're die-hard *insert brand here* fans.  I think people have learned something from the disappointments of the Gamecube.  Not only that, but so far Nintendo is making no effort at all to include online play.  It's just looking less promising by the day.
Message 37 of 82 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1534 posts

Nov 18, 2006

This was on a zelda site

Gamespot: Seems rushed and somewhat biased. Also takes minor issues and blows then far out of preportion. He has some good points such as understanding that even though the graphics are not amazing, they are in an artistic standpoint.

ign: A much better review then GS's. It goes deep into detail on each point he makes and if he doesn't like something he explains it well. Also mentions some issues that no Zelda fan cares about either but is still a far superior review. The writing just feels more developed.

Both have a small amount of spoilers

Message Edited by TheSepheroth on 11-17-2006 08:06 PM

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Message 38 of 82 (1 View)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Nov 18, 2006

Spo8 wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Spo8 wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Spo8 wrote:

yankeessuck wrote:

Spo8 wrote:
If that review is accurate, it's going to be a huge blow to the Wii.  This is the game all the fanboys are saying will make up for the other mediocre launch titles.

its going to be a huge blow because gamespot gave it an 8.8? did you read the review?

where do people come up with this logic?

Yes.  How do they expect to convince people to upgrade to the Wii when the main complaint against the game is lack of innovation or evolution in gameplay.

Honestly, most people won't care. The fact that there's motion control in the game will be enough for most

Well nintendo has never had to worry about the hardcore fans, as a lot tend to be a bit fanatical.  It's the average gamer that isn't sure if they should just get it for the GC or buy the Wii, as it's the only Wii game worth buying right now.

I know a ton of kids at my school who hardly play games that can't wait for the Wii. All they know is that you can move your arms to move the sword, and it's a done deal. There's one kid I know who loves Zelda so much he'd buy if if every single review gave it a 1.

Add in the fact that the Wii's by far the cheapest gaming system out there, and it'll have no trouble selling. Will people be happy with it, though, and will it ever be more than a gimmick? Hearing GS say that the sound in the remote is tinny and sounds cheap isn't very reassuring, but we'll see

I think they'll take the time to at least see what a few games get or read an overall review of the system before they buy.  Like I said, every system has the fans that could care less what people think, because they're die-hard *insert brand here* fans.  I think people have learned something from the disappointments of the Gamecube.  Not only that, but so far Nintendo is making no effort at all to include online play.  It's just looking less promising by the day.

Now I'm veering off into dangerous territory, but these are the kinda guys that thought 3rd party support for GC was through the roof.

And they already have thier mind set without reading one review, preview, or trying it out, WQord of mouth and Zelda was enough to convince them
Message 39 of 82 (1 View)
0 Likes
Survivor
2914 posts

Nov 18, 2006

TheSepheroth wrote:

This was on a zelda site

Gamespot: Seems rushed and somewhat biased. Also takes minor issues and blows then far out of preportion. He has some good points such as understanding that even though the graphics are not amazing, they are in an artistic standpoint.

ign: A much better review then GS's. It goes deep into detail on each point he makes and if he doesn't like something he explains it well. Also mentions some issues that no Zelda fan cares about either but is still a far superior review. The writing just feels more developed.

Both have a small amount of spoilers

Message Edited by TheSepheroth on 11-17-2006 08:06 PM

I hated the IGN review. The writer of that was so stupid, he reassured everyone in the begining that he would not give away spoilers, then he goes and gives away and/or gives obvious hints about items and locations, one of which is incredibly significant *I think*. So yeah, either the reviewer is a moron and didn't realize he was giving stuff away or he is just an **bleep** on purpose
Message 40 of 82 (1 View)
0 Likes