Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6713 posts

Re: Nintendo Fans are going to be in an uproar over this...

Nov 18, 2006

fullmetalone wrote:

TheSepheroth wrote:
i dont rely n gamspot i trust ign more

IGN is kinda slow lately. Anyways I'm still getting it whatever review it gets lol.

Yeah, I heard they were getting some problems with the HQ's, not suprised considering they do more then gaming...(comics, gear, babes, cars...etc)
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11960 posts

Re: Gamespot's Wii Zelda Review

Nov 18, 2006

Spo8 wrote:

yankeessuck wrote:

Spo8 wrote:
If that review is accurate, it's going to be a huge blow to the Wii.  This is the game all the fanboys are saying will make up for the other mediocre launch titles.

its going to be a huge blow because gamespot gave it an 8.8? did you read the review?

where do people come up with this logic?

Yes.  How do they expect to convince people to upgrade to the Wii when the main complaint against the game is lack of innovation or evolution in gameplay.

because its great? I would like to think the average person has more common sense then you are displaying.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4534 posts

Nov 18, 2006
Keep in mind that there will be a few low scores for each great game by each different review place. An 8.8 is still a great score for it, its just a bit lower than what everyone else is spitting out.
OTR
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6713 posts

Nov 18, 2006

WhiteClouds wrote:
IGN are fanboys.. Gamespot FTW.

Pffft, ign owns your mom, you, and your family. They are far from fanboys and they give great games good ratings.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1651 posts

Nov 18, 2006
I thought I saw it on another site with a higher score. I can't remember though.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Nov 18, 2006
I think the problem is that people are expecting this to completley revolutionize gaming... but it doesn't seem like it is. I haven't played it, but most of the reviews seem to point out that it's really fun, with a few issues like presentation and lack of originality. Still, it'll be enough to sell massive amounts of Wiis
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1534 posts

Nov 18, 2006
the graphics look very good to me, but not as good as the ps3 or 360 obviously, still its gonna be a great game an 8.8 isnt too bad specially when others gave it 9.5+ FInal fantasy 12 got a 9.0 but they think its the best 1 ever

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6713 posts

Nov 18, 2006
Yeah, gameplay seems almost the same as the other zeldas with some other stuff added to it but those are minor. Also, Wii is looking at ZTP like microsoft looks at the halo series, thats almost the only thing that will get them sales...

JDplasma11 wrote:
I think the problem is that people are expecting this to completley revolutionize gaming... but it doesn't seem like it is. I haven't played it, but most of the reviews seem to point out that it's really fun, with a few issues like presentation and lack of originality. Still, it'll be enough to sell massive amounts of Wiis

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10631 posts

Nov 18, 2006

JDplasma11 wrote:

Spo8 wrote:

yankeessuck wrote:

Spo8 wrote:
If that review is accurate, it's going to be a huge blow to the Wii.  This is the game all the fanboys are saying will make up for the other mediocre launch titles.

its going to be a huge blow because gamespot gave it an 8.8? did you read the review?

Yes.  How do they expect to convince people to upgrade to the Wii when the main complaint against the game is lack of innovation or evolution in gameplay.

Honestly, most people won't care. The fact that there's motion control in the game will be enough for most

Well nintendo has never had to worry about the hardcore fans, as a lot tend to be a bit fanatical.  It's the average gamer that isn't sure if they should just get it for the GC or buy the Wii, as it's the only Wii game worth buying right now.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15381 posts

Nov 18, 2006

Spo8 wrote:

JDplasma11 wrote:

Spo8 wrote:

yankeessuck wrote:

Spo8 wrote:

Honestly, most people won't care. The fact that there's motion control in the game will be enough for most

Well nintendo has never had to worry about the hardcore fans, as a lot tend to be a bit fanatical.  It's the average gamer that isn't sure if they should just get it for the GC or buy the Wii, as it's the only Wii game worth buying right now.

I know a ton of kids at my school who hardly play games that can't wait for the Wii. All they know is that you can move your arms to move the sword, and it's a done deal. There's one kid I know who loves Zelda so much he'd buy if if every single review gave it a 1.

Add in the fact that the Wii's by far the cheapest gaming system out there, and it'll have no trouble selling. Will people be happy with it, though, and will it ever be more than a gimmick? Hearing GS say that the sound in the remote is tinny and sounds cheap isn't very reassuring, but we'll see
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 82 (0 Views)
0 Likes