Treasure Hunter
4354 posts

Re: Gamers don't even respect spin-offs.

Nov 24, 2013
Kingdom Hearts anybody?
Message 11 of 14 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Re: Gamers don't even respect spin-offs.

Nov 24, 2013

I love Resisance Retribution on psp. When I get my vita, im getting kzm and resistance burning skies.

KZMProductionsGT
Message 12 of 14 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2871 posts

Re: gamers don't even respect spin-offs.

Nov 24, 2013

Juan1992 wrote:

The unfortunate thing about spin-offs is most of them end up being mediocre or they're not good as the original which is why you'd often see people complaining.

it's indeed this simple, the spin-offs are just not good enough, uncharted golden abyss is great (I've recently bhought a vita with uncharted golden abyss, but the Uncharted games made by Naughty Dog are way better, the same goes for killzone mercenary I suppose, and the problem also is, those games don't do anything unique, uncharted golden abyss is just the same as uncharted on consoles except it doesn't look and play as good, and swiping over your screen 30 times to defeat an enemy doesn't make it better...

while games specifically designed for a handheld are good, look at tearaway, it gets very good reviews and I even saw it advertised on television, in my country only cod gets adverstised, and I hate cod, but I was really happy and surprised to see tearaway get and advertisement...

there are probably some spin-offs that are good, but all I know are bad, the ratchet and clank spin-offs are bad (all4one and q-force), the uncharted spin-off isn't great, same goes for god of war and killzone I suppose, why should you play those on a handheld if the console games of that franchise are way better, there is only 1 spin-off I know is good, and that is lare croft and the guardian of light, it's a tomb raider spin-off, a downloadable game, and it's awesome, definately worth checking out Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 14 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Re: gamers don't even respect spin-offs.

Nov 25, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Juan1992 wrote:

The unfortunate thing about spin-offs is most of them end up being mediocre or they're not good as the original which is why you'd often see people complaining.

it's indeed this simple, the spin-offs are just not good enough, uncharted golden abyss is great (I've recently bhought a vita with uncharted golden abyss, but the Uncharted games made by Naughty Dog are way better, the same goes for killzone mercenary I suppose, and the problem also is, those games don't do anything unique, uncharted golden abyss is just the same as uncharted on consoles except it doesn't look and play as good, and swiping over your screen 30 times to defeat an enemy doesn't make it better...

while games specifically designed for a handheld are good, look at tearaway, it gets very good reviews and I even saw it advertised on television, in my country only cod gets adverstised, and I hate cod, but I was really happy and surprised to see tearaway get and advertisement...

there are probably some spin-offs that are good, but all I know are bad, the ratchet and clank spin-offs are bad (all4one and q-force), the uncharted spin-off isn't great, same goes for god of war and killzone I suppose, why should you play those on a handheld if the console games of that franchise are way better, there is only 1 spin-off I know is good, and that is lare croft and the guardian of light, it's a tomb raider spin-off, a downloadable game, and it's awesome, definately worth checking out Smiley Happy

Going by your logic Killzone: Shadow Fall should have made Killzone: Mercenary look like crap, yet they have both gotten overall the same review scores by both users and critics. As far as graphics go You can't denie that Killzone: Mercenary Is a good looking game even by the bar home consoles have set (runs off the same engine as Killzone 3 on the Ps3).

I agree that Uncharted: Golden abyss could have done more for innovation, But I will say Uncharted: Golden abyss looked and played like Uncharted: Drake's fortune. However you make a great point about most spin-offs being bad, because for some reason they keep getting handled by developers who have no clue what they are doing.

I have respect for Sony Bend studios managing to NOT mess up Uncharted, However Handheld console versions of established franchises never do anything unique because devs save all of there good ideas for home console versions. Tearaway is a great example that handheld consoles can be just if not more innovative the home consoles. I really hope Tearaway sales good.

Message 14 of 14 (42 Views)
0 Likes