Splicer
73 posts

Re: Game of the Generation

May 1, 2013
Ha! Wii sports that's hilarious. Unfortunately call of duty is probably it. This gen saw the rise of online multiplayer and first person shooter, no? Hopefully next gen there is something more redefining
Message 11 of 31 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

May 1, 2013

LittleBigPlanet strictly because of the creation modes. Just seeing the creativity of players at work... this series has never ceased to amaze me. LittleBigPlanet two took things so much farther that people are creating amazing levels that would make you forget you're even playing LBP. The best thing I've seen is someone who literally made an RPG with random battles where you fight by drawing spell symbols on screen. It had both level up and skill point systems and I didn't recognize the music from LBP at all. Overall, the players made this the "Game of the Generation." LBP is the game that won't stop giving until players stop creating.

Freeflow-style player. Rapid adjustment to all situations.
Photobucket
Message 12 of 31 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
646 posts

May 1, 2013

I'd have to go with Demon's Souls, as well.  Not many games introduce innovative features, but Demon's Souls' multiplayer was exactly that.  It also proved that a game can break away from the handholding concept of most modern mainstream games, throw a challenge at the player, and still be an incredible success.

Message 13 of 31 (115 Views)
Platinum
55074 posts

May 1, 2013

kingjohn_cd wrote:

What is your game of the Generation? Both your personal favorite and what you recognize as the most important game in the industry (still from this generation).

Personally my favorite is tied between Uncharted 3 and Dead Space 2. But the most important is CoD4

Shooter:  MAG

RPG:  Fallout 3

Action/Adventure: Borderlands 2 (shush i can call it action adventure, I want it on the list Smiley Tongue)

Message 14 of 31 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11734 posts

May 1, 2013

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is my favorite game of the PlayStation 3 generation. Pinpointing the most important game though is a different matter. You could say that about many games, whether it was Heavy Rain making us feel especially strong for the characters or Flower adding substance to a complete experience without having to tap buttons.

Message 15 of 31 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

May 1, 2013

My favorites are Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed 2. Other titles worth to mention are Heavy Rain and my most recent love Demon's Souls.

Message 16 of 31 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

This generation isn't even over. We still have TLOU, GTAV, and Beyond Two Souls coming out this year. And who knows what is in store for the PS3 in the next two. Don't be so quick to discard the PS3.

Personal Favorite (so far): "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" / "Journey"

Most Important: I'd call this gen the C.O.Dumb generation.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 17 of 31 (79 Views)
Fender Bender
3105 posts

May 1, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

This generation isn't even over. We still have TLOU, GTAV, and Beyond Two Souls coming out this year. And who knows what is in store for the PS3 in the next two. Don't be so quick to discard the PS3.

Personal Favorite (so far): "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" / "Journey"

Most Important: I'd call this gen the C.O.Dumb generation.

well said....theres to many morons that think the ps4 will just take over,theres over 70 million of these out there and will take several years to reach that number again...

i could be wrong but i believe it will take a few years to even manufacture that many units..lol

the ps3 is far from dead and like you say theres great titles still yet to come..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 18 of 31 (74 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10011 posts

May 1, 2013
Uncharted series
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 19 of 31 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

May 1, 2013

Does the PS3 have a flagship game?

Freeflow-style player. Rapid adjustment to all situations.
Photobucket
Message 20 of 31 (62 Views)
0 Likes