May 11 2013
By: GODOFWAR142 Lombax Warrior 233 posts

Game Cases Question

17 replies 146 views Edited May 11, 2013

Hi Guys!,

I was wondering would any of you pay for a custom box art such as this.

Spoiler

(Without the Watermark of course) That also included a brand new case for it to go in.  If you would pay for something like this,  how much would you pay?

photo GOWsignature_zps3e9f70f3.png
Message 1 of 18 (146 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37227 posts

Re: Game Cases Question

May 11, 2013

Are you asking the community or the people who make god of war games?

i wouldnt pay money for that why Smiley Very Happy

but if you want to ask the GOW devs i doubt they come here

Message 2 of 18 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

May 11, 2013

I honestly wouldn't pay for any custom game sleeve.

In fact, I'd assume the seller would be breaking some kind of copyright laws, wouldn't they? 

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 3 of 18 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

May 11, 2013

The community.

I had some friends and others interested in them and that have payed me to make them.

So I was just wondering if people are interested in things like this, So that I could decied if opening up an online shop with a bunch of them could create a small source of income while I'm still in school.

Message 4 of 18 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

May 11, 2013

In fact, I'd assume the seller would be breaking some kind of copyright laws, wouldn't they?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im not quite sure yet.  I'm still looking into that.

Message 5 of 18 (125 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37227 posts

May 11, 2013

Oh ok i see

Personally i wouldnt buy anything like that but maybe others would

Message 6 of 18 (124 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30953 posts

May 11, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

I honestly wouldn't pay for any custom game sleeve.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that would be illegal Smiley Very Happy

Some guy does this for MLB The Show and he gives them away for free

Message 7 of 18 (122 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

May 11, 2013

GODOFWAR142 wrote:

The community.

I had some friends and others interested in them and that have payed me to make them.

So I was just wondering if people are interested in things like this, So that I could decied if opening up an online shop with a bunch of them could create a small source of income while I'm still in school.

Ahhhh, okay. I would look into the laws before you open up a website to sell custom sleeves/cases.

It's one thing for your friends to pay you for your work, but developers/publishers might look at it differently if they see a website selling custom sleeves with artwork of their copyrighted characters/games.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 8 of 18 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

May 11, 2013

Ahhhh, okay. I would look into the laws before you open up a website to sell custom sleeves/cases.

It's one thing for your friends to pay you for your work, but developers/publishers might look at it differently if they see a website selling custom sleeves with artwork of their copyrighted characters/games.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea that's what I was thinking. I typically just give them away.  And I've been looking for copyright laws and such , but It hard to find them.

Message 9 of 18 (112 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

May 11, 2013

GODOFWAR142 wrote:

The community.

really? i mean theres a giant site available that has a bunch of user box arts that are available for free. better not tell them about it. Smiley Tongue

http://vgboxart.com/

Message 10 of 18 (100 Views)