Nov 30 2013
By: Southern_DuDe_20 Treasure Hunter 7276 posts

Friends list issues

3 replies 120 views Edited Nov 30, 2013

I need help, and a lot of help.

So I posted this in other sections of the forum that it is SUPPOSED to go in, but it gets buried and I get no help what so ever. And you guys here in the off topic section are probably the most useful people on this entire forum. So imma asking you guys for help..im desperate.

The New Friends List:

So im sure that most of you guys know that Sony upped the friends list to 2000. Well, the PS3 is supposed to Auto-Filter the friends list to who ever is online. Now, I have friends that are online that my PS3 isn't showing(I can see from my vita). So if I wanna play BF4 with my sister or some clan mates, they are non existent on my list and they don't show up in game. So I am forced to join them through Battlelog. Same with other games like Starhawk, LBP, and what not. I just can't see them. But they are "Online" on my vita.
 They also claim that they cannot see me either.

Now, it is said that you can refresh your friends list by logging out and resigning back on. I have done this several times and it actually shrinks down the amount of people online.

So my issue is, how do I refresh my FL the correct way and how do I make a permanent list of people I want to ALWAYS see?(the permanent list is supposed to be a feature but I can't find it...)

Can you guys help? I hope this doesn't get moved because I have posted for help EVERYWHERE and I never get help. I have been looking for help since this happened.

(sorry for any spelling errors, my computer is buggy. BUT i did use spell check Smiley Tongue )

Message 1 of 4 (120 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Re: Friends list issues

Nov 30, 2013

Im having this same problem as well. It seems that PS4 members are indeed ''offline'' to the PS3 members even when your online. Also theres no notification on PS4 when your friends log on which I find annoying that you have to constantly check your friends list. I hope sony fixes these issues cuz I want my PS3 friends to see that I am online and wanna be notified when my friends in general log online on my PS4.

Message 2 of 4 (108 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Dec 1, 2013

Its like that on PS3 also. Im on PS3 and i cant even see most of my friends who are also on PS3.

Message 3 of 4 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7356 posts

Dec 1, 2013
This issue has been plaguing PSN users for months. At first, it was thought to only affect players that have GTA V and played online, but now it seems as if this issue is problematic for any PSN users, GTA V or not. The only real solution is to wait for the PSN to correct itself. This has happened to me, and I also tried signing in and signing out manually, but it did not work for me.

Unfortunately, you will have to wait for the PSN to correct itself. My hypothesis is that the bug revolves around the PS4 being added to the PSN. Also, the PS3 friend's list has not been upgraded to 2,000 friends - it's still at 100; only the PS4 and PS Vita have the ability to display 2,000 friends.
PlayStation MVP Program 2001 to 2016
Message 4 of 4 (82 Views)
0 Likes