Apr 21 2014
By: Fletcherrenn08 Fender Bender 2811 posts

Forums voting?

10 replies 151 views Edited Apr 21, 2014
I would just like to pose a question to the mods and the people who make this forums and also you reading this as a fellow poster. Could we and should we have a voting system in place for forum changes?. That way changes would be a community decision and not determined by Sony alone. It would also allow for a more community driven experience as well. Who better to shape the website than the people who will be using it?. I feel a change like this would also make the community feel like it was linked with Sony and making decisions with them. What are your thoughts?
Message 1 of 11 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Re: Forums voting?

Apr 21, 2014

I don't think this is a good idea. I like the way Sony designs this forum, and I have never seen another forum with this system. It might be good because bad ideas would get voted out, but keeping up with it and constantly moderating the reqests and such would be very difficult for the mods/admins. If you want some sort of change, just suggest it in the PlayStation Forums section.

Free userbars
Message 2 of 11 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Apr 21, 2014

I'd like to see a daily poll, á la GameFAQs

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 3 of 11 (128 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Apr 21, 2014

I agree, we as the users should have a voice and say. But they have more knowledge on what to do andf how this set up affects the forums. They have the knowledge on what's possible or not and what is needed to keep things running.

If they can provide us with a few suggestions now and then, that would be nice too.

Message 4 of 11 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Apr 21, 2014

We should put this forums voting idea to a vote.

Message 5 of 11 (119 Views)
I Only Post Everything
999 posts

Apr 21, 2014
But how do we vote to implement a voting system if there's no voting system to vote with?

Mind = Blown

Rules & Guidelines Contact PlayStation Support | Need Help? PM Me

If you want to add me on PSN, please say in the request that you're from the PS forum.

Message 6 of 11 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Apr 21, 2014
@Fletcherrenn08
These forums have had votes in diferent forms in the past.
It is not likely that there will be allowed a vote for every change that takes place here however.
-Happy Posting-
Message 7 of 11 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Apr 21, 2014
There are votes for some things (like the dark theme) but most changes are things that are just going to happen regardless for the sake of the "bigger picture" As MVPs we have a little bit more say in the matter but not a whole lot when it comes to forum-wide changes

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 8 of 11 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Apr 21, 2014
@Setzaroth
Exactly, we can only have a finite amount of control in the evolution of the PS forums.
Only the ones financing them have the ultimate say for it's future and the vision they may have for it.
It's best to just sit back and enjoy the ride while making friends along the way.
-Happy Posting-
Message 9 of 11 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56286 posts

Apr 21, 2014

Fletcherrenn08 wrote:
I would just like to pose a question to the mods and the people who make this forums and also you reading this as a fellow poster. Could we and should we have a voting system in place for forum changes?. That way changes would be a community decision and not determined by Sony alone. It would also allow for a more community driven experience as well. Who better to shape the website than the people who will be using it?. I feel a change like this would also make the community feel like it was linked with Sony and making decisions with them. What are your thoughts?

There is an ability to create and make polls on the forums here.  It is not something a regular member can do but it can be done.  Sony has had a few polls up before, the most recent was the forum background thing.   

I think it would be good to let us vote on changes but I do not think Sony is going to go that route.  If they did let us vote I still think they would make changes based off their own internal research and not our poll results/feedback.

Message 10 of 11 (71 Views)
0 Likes