Jan 14 2007
By: hippl5~ Keyblade Wielder 9757 posts

Foreign languages on american products?

13 replies 24 views Edited Jan 14, 2007
Why are there foreign languages on american products? A box of tissues for example, has text in english and spanish. An NTSC PS2, the manual is in english, french, and spanish. Why does it have to be in french and spanish if all the games are in enlish? And not all games have language options. This is America, people need to learn english.
Message 1 of 14 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1908 posts

Re: Foreign languages on american products?

Jan 14, 2007
i love english.
Things I have gotten free from ordering off the internet in 2007:
$150 Through Paypal
$75 Ipod Shuffle
$45 Amazon Gift Card
$40 5mW Green Laser Pointer
$120 3 Webcams $40 each
$100 for selling free stuff on eBay
$80 10 Block Buster Game Rentals $8 each
+ Tons of other Stuff to much to list
-------------------------------Total = Over $610 Just in 2007!!!----------------------------------
Message 2 of 14 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3517 posts

Jan 14, 2007
I want to try living in America, but I can't speak english well...Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 14 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1445 posts

Jan 14, 2007
cause of illegal immigrants and not every1 has 2 know english, here in canada we have 2 official languages: english,french
Message 4 of 14 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19346 posts

Jan 14, 2007
I agree. They came here, to an English spoken country. They should learn English not us learn Spanish 'er whatever. We were here first.

Message 5 of 14 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
24387 posts

Jan 14, 2007
learn english ya idiots its american not mexico
true love waits
Message 6 of 14 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1445 posts

Jan 14, 2007

PSPFourLife wrote:
I agree. They came here, to an English spoken country. They should learn English not us learn Spanish 'er whatever. We were here first.

i know... my mom wants me 2 go 2 french immersion... she says u get payed more in jobs
Message 7 of 14 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19346 posts

Jan 14, 2007

Lukaguy wrote:

PSPFourLife wrote:

i know... my mom wants me 2 go 2 french immersion... she says u get payed more in jobs

People that do have two lanuages do are a bit more successful that people with one.
Message 8 of 14 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9710 posts

Jan 14, 2007

PSPFourLife wrote:

Actually we (referring to white people) weren't here first, but that's a different discussion.

As much as you people want all the immigrants to learn english, there will still be many who won't or won't speak it that well. Businesses want to appeal to as large a crowd as possible, so if that means printing something in a couple languages, they'll do it. Also, it's a lot harder to read and write a different language than to speak it. It's easy to just say "Learn English you damn immigrants," but it's more complicated than that in actual practice. And does having something printed in 2 or 3 languages really piss you all off that much?
Message 9 of 14 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19346 posts

Jan 14, 2007

ShiBByLLaMa wrote:

PSPFourLife wrote:

Actually we (referring to white people) weren't here first, but that's a different discussion.

As much as you people want all the immigrants to learn english, there will still be many who won't or won't speak it that well. Businesses want to appeal to as large a crowd as possible, so if that means printing something in a couple languages, they'll do it. Also, it's a lot harder to read and write a different language than to speak it. It's easy to just say "Learn English you damn immigrants," but it's more complicated than that in actual practice. And does having something printed in 2 or 3 languages really piss you all off that much?

Kind of, yes because that space could be used for an awesome design or an ad to get buy more thigns.

And, I do agree that it is quite hard to learn a lanuage. I was taught Spanish and I've had only 4 years of it and I feel like I still don't know anything. It does take a long time to learn a lanuage.
Message 10 of 14 (24 Views)
0 Likes