Apr 05 2007
By: nametaker1~ Wastelander 775 posts

For those of you that have a 360

18 replies 2 views Edited Apr 5, 2007
I already have a PS3, but I'm thinking about getting a 360 sometime soon (the 20 gig one, I'm not getting the elite). I have more than enough money to get one, but I'm not going to waste the rest on games or anything like that. Don't worry Sony Fanboys, I'm still loyal to Sony and still will enjoy Sony, I will not replace my PS3.

I want to know what accesories I should get with my 360. I also want to know which game I should get as a second game that costs less than $50.

So far I have:

20 gig premium 360- $400
xbox live live market points- $20
Gears of war- $60

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you

95% of teens are addicted to myspace, if you are part of the 5% who have a life paste this into your sig
Message 1 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
558 posts

Re: For those of you that have a 360

Apr 5, 2007
you forgot the extended warrenty  for when you get the 3 rings of crap hardware..
Photobucket
Message 2 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

Apr 5, 2007

RangerXero wrote:
you forgot the extended warrenty  for when you get the 3 rings of crap hardware..

I'm not going to be playing more than 6-8 hours a week, I'll give it good vetilation, I will cover it up with a t shirt or rag (like I do with my PS3 and it is mostly dust free), and I take good care of my stuff. Why would I need to waste extra cash on it?

I mean seriously I don't want to spend over $600 on this.

95% of teens are addicted to myspace, if you are part of the 5% who have a life paste this into your sig
Message 3 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
937 posts

Apr 5, 2007
What type of games do you like?

As far as accessories, you can't go wrong with a Play and Charge kit.  It's great when your battery runs out and you wanna keep playing.  Personally, I only charge my battery when it's completely dead and I alternate controllers that way, letting the dead one charge to full and using the other till it's dead.
For this I bought a second controller and a second battery pack.  (Play and Charge kit comes with a battery pack and charge cable)

I personally bought the wireless headset as well but it's nowhere near necessary.  I just like it cause I don't have to haul the controller with me when I get fragged and need to step away from the TV, yet still want to listen to the chatter.

Vision Camera is pointless.

Wireless adapter if you game wireless, I game connected but it's a preference thing.  (You can also get the gaming bridges for cheaper than the official adapter so I would look into those.

HD-DVD Drive - Don't bother unless the HD-DVD Consortium does something drastic to get a huge marketshare and gets the publishers on board.   Otherwise you're already set with Blu-Ray.

Looking forward to PSP Trophy support

Get your Portable ID!
Message 4 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

Apr 5, 2007

LOLZORS wrote:
What type of games do you like?

As far as accessories, you can't go wrong with a Play and Charge kit.  It's great when your battery runs out and you wanna keep playing.  Personally, I only charge my battery when it's completely dead and I alternate controllers that way, letting the dead one charge to full and using the other till it's dead.
For this I bought a second controller and a second battery pack.  (Play and Charge kit comes with a battery pack and charge cable)

I personally bought the wireless headset as well but it's nowhere near necessary.  I just like it cause I don't have to haul the controller with me when I get fragged and need to step away from the TV, yet still want to listen to the chatter.

Vision Camera is pointless.

Wireless adapter if you game wireless, I game connected but it's a preference thing.  (You can also get the gaming bridges for cheaper than the official adapter so I would look into those.

HD-DVD Drive - Don't bother unless the HD-DVD Consortium does something drastic to get a huge marketshare and gets the publishers on board.   Otherwise you're already set with Blu-Ray.

Oh, so the camera is pointless? I heard that you could have so much fun. Like dissing off people in games and stuff.

Message 5 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7244 posts

Apr 5, 2007
get the xbox live vision thats pretty cool
Message 6 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12687 posts

Apr 5, 2007

nametaker1 wrote:

RangerXero wrote:

I'm not going to be playing more than 6-8 hours a week, I'll give it good vetilation, I will cover it up with a t shirt or rag (like I do with my PS3 and it is mostly dust free), and I take good care of my stuff. Why would I need to waste extra cash on it?

Most 360s will eventually break, whether you take good care of it or not. I've seen tons of posts on Xbox.com "nooo 3 red lights" next post "take better care of it" person who created topic replies "i did it had good ventilation and everything". most 360s will eventually get 3 red lights whether you take good care of it or not. 2 of the 4 360s ive had broke out of the box.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 7 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
20647 posts

Apr 5, 2007

chaingangsoldier69 wrote:

nametaker1 wrote:

RangerXero wrote:

Most 360s will eventually break...

Except mine. 
Message 8 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11637 posts

Apr 5, 2007
there arent really any accesorites i can think of that are worth buying keep the money for smehing else
Message 9 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9247 posts

Apr 5, 2007
Microsoft updated the warranty to a year. The only point in a store-bought one is that you don't have to mail it in.
Message 10 of 19 (2 Views)
0 Likes