Ghost of Sparta
14411 posts

Re: For the love of God, STOP buying Nintendo made systems!

Dec 26, 2006
Vacuous Fanboy.
Message 11 of 101 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12621 posts

Dec 26, 2006

Tha_Rap3r wrote:
MGS was a remake of the first one for PS1.

It was still an exclusive.
Message 12 of 101 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Dec 26, 2006
Hotel Dusk Room 215
Many of the Resident Evil games
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes (it counts!)
Handheld Castlvania games

and what makes you think that an "adult" game automatically makes it good?
i've played many adult games (God of War, GTA, etc), which i love, but i also love me some Mario, Kirby, Zelda, etc.
but i guess i'm a true gamer.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 13 of 101 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Dec 26, 2006
No need in bashing Nintendo. I'm a diehard Sony enthusiast through and through, but the NES is the greatest console in the history of gaming! Nintendo set the gold standard for gaming in 1985 with the NES and paved the way for gaming as we know it today! The NES was revolutionary and made gaming what it is!. Read my NES History 101 article:

Nintendo Entertainment System
NES History 101
by Shawn Wilson (Sony-Gamer)

Welcome to NES History 101. I'm Professor Wilson and today we will be discussing everything you ever wanted to know about the Nintendo Entertainment System. Let me inform you, that this is perhaps the most important class you will ever take. You may be asking yourself, why does Professor Wilson make such a profound statement? I will tell you why. I will be educating you on the Franchise that started it all and the greatest  gaming console in the history of mankind.

We begin our study by actually revisiting the very roots in which the Franchise sprouted from. Nintendo was established in the year 1889, as a playing card manufacturing company by Fusajiro Yamauchi. This newly founded company became extremely successful and by the 1930's, went on to be the most popular card company in Japan. By the late 1940's, card sales had reached it's peak. Nintendo then decided to begin producing new games. In 1950, Hiroshi Yamauchi took over as company president. Hiroshi Yamauchi was an intense business man and did a great job leading Nintendo. In 1952, the company name was changed to Nintendo Playing Cards Co. Hiroshi Yamauchi worked like a madman negotiating with various companies and organizations. He even managed to seal a deal with Walt Disney! This resulted in the business growing even more. In 1963 Nintendo Playing Cards Co. changed names once again to Nintendo Co. Ltd. Hiroshi Yamauchi spent the next decade developing and experimenting with different industries. Everything from car business, Food, and Gumpei Yokoi's famous toy designs which sold over a million copies. In the late 70's, arcade games quickly became the going thing.  Yamauchi, being the great business man he was, jumped in head first into the arcade industry.  In 1977, he hired a young game creator named Shigeru Miyamoto.  Gumpei Yokoi and Miyamoto joined forces and began working night and day on developing arcade games. Donkey Kong was introduced along with many other titles. This resulted in Nintendo dominating the arcade industry.

In 1982, gaming consoles were circulating in homes. Yamauchi, wanted to develope a console that was better and more affordable than the ones currently available. He hired a man named Masayuki Uemura, to help him complete this difficult task.  In 1983, the Famicom  was released for $100.00. The console did surprisingly well in Japan. Reports of freezing screens among other quite serious problems soon resulted in, Yamauch recalling all of the systems. This recall proved to be a costly move for Nintendo. Looking for an effective way to counter the loss in profits, Yamauchi once again found himself turning to Shigeru Miayamoto for a new concept design. Miayamoto's answer was non other than the creation of Mario Brothers. This game was an instant success in the arcade and sparked Yamauchi's desire to re-release  the Famicom. This time in the United States. Unfortunately, retailers were unwilling to chance it. Nintendo's design team went back to the old drawing board and fixed all the technical problems with the Famicom and incased it in a rectangular console. Thus, Nintendo of America Inc. was created and the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) was born!

Yamauchi finally found a retailer in New York who agreed to sell the Nintendo  Entertainment System in 1985. The console took America by storm and sold like hot cakes! Virtually every well known retailer began to sell the NES and third party game developers signed contracts agreeing to make games exclusive for Nintendo. The Franchise took off like a rocket into space! Nintendo offered the NES in several different packages over the next 10  years. First was the Original Set which cost around $249.00 retail. It consisted of the control deck, two controllers, Zapper Lightgun, and ROB (Robotic Operating Buddy) a one foot tall robot that actually interacted with you in gameplay. The original set also came packaged with two games, Duck Hunt and Gyromite. For some reason not many games were ever released for ROB to interact with and he was soon discontinued along with the Original Set. A less expensive Action Set was it's replacement. This set only cost around $199.00 and included control deck, two controllers, Zapper Lightgun and the special  Duck Hunt / Super Mario Brothers gamepak. This was the most popular set to ever be released by Nintendo. Later the Franchise decided to release a few more sets. A Power Set, which was identical to the Action Set, but featured a Power Pad and World Class Track Meet game. A Basic Set, which only came with console and two controllers. Lastly, a Sport Set, that included everything the basic had, plus Super Spike V' Ball and World Cup Soccer games and the NES Satellite which allowed up to four gamers to play at once.
The Nintendo Entertainment System had a wide range of accessories that were available. Some of these included the NES Max, Power Glove and my personal favorite the NES Advantage, which featured both turbo and slow motion features, along with an authentic arcade control stick. Using the NES Advantage truly brought the arcade feel into the common household for the very first time.
The system continued to grow and grow in popularity over the next decade resulting in a game library that exceeded 600 titles! Nintendo sold an unbelievable 62 million consoles before it's decommission in December 1994. The Nintendo Entertainment System was the console that revolutionized video gaming as we know it. The NES laid the foundation for all the games you play today as well as those to come in the next generations. They will never be another gaming console to accomplish all that the NES has. It's world re known status will never be duplicated and nothing will ever shake up the gaming world quite like the NES did. These are just a few of the reasons why the Nintendo Entertainment System, is the greatest gaming console in the history of mankind.
When I opened up my NES Action Set, it was one of the happiest and most memorable events in my life. Words can't even begin to describe all the joy that the NES has provided me with over the past two decades. I will eternally be greatful to  Hiroshi Yamauchi,  Shigeru Miayamoto and Nintendo of America Inc. for changing my life forever.
I hope you have enjoyed my NES History 101 class and found it to be informative. The only homework assignment you have, is to play as many NES games as you possible can. Class dismissed!

Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) Specifications:
CPU type: modified 6502 8-bit (NMOS)
CPU speed: 1.79 Mhz
RAM memory: 16 Kbit (2 Kbyte)
Video RAM: 16 Kbit (2 Kbyte)
Picture resolution: 256x240 pixels
Colors Available: 52 colors
Max colors at once: 24 colors
Max sprite size: 8x16 pixels
Max sprites: 64 sprites
Min/Max Cart Size: 128 Kbit - 4 Mbit
Max sprites per Scanline: 8 sprites
Sound: PSG sound

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Message 14 of 101 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1757 posts

Dec 26, 2006
Super Smash Bros....
Mario Party..
Eternal Darkness.....
Harvest Moon
Animal Crossing
my wii friend code: ADD ME! 5992 2332 9248 8590
Then shoot me a PM so I can add You..Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 101 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12621 posts

Dec 26, 2006

Sammydavisjr wrote:
Super Smash Bros....
Mario Party..
Eternal Darkness.....
Harvest Moon
Animal Crossing

Eternal Darkness was f'ed up. I remember so many times in the game I thought I was screwed and it was just the person going insane.
Message 16 of 101 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2645 posts

Dec 26, 2006
nintendo products never have problems at launch so for that reason i will always buy their consoles
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"50 told me go 'head switch the style up
And if they hate then let 'em hate
And watch the money pile up, the good life"
Message 17 of 101 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1757 posts

Dec 26, 2006

Fenderson wrote:

Sammydavisjr wrote:
Super Smash Bros....
Mario Party..
Eternal Darkness.....
Harvest Moon
Animal Crossing

Eternal Darkness was f'ed up. I remember so many times in the game I thought I was screwed and it was just the person going insane.

I just got it today..I hate how there arnet health packs lying around..I'm stuck in the first main fighting part.Smiley Sad
my wii friend code: ADD ME! 5992 2332 9248 8590
Then shoot me a PM so I can add You..Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 101 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7280 posts

Dec 26, 2006
FTL!!! The Modified Gamecube.
Signature removed by Admin due to advertising of a commercial nature.
Message 19 of 101 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4935 posts

Dec 26, 2006

PnoyOutlaw wrote:
Vacuous Fanboy.

Wow.  That pretty much sums it up.
Message 20 of 101 (0 Views)
0 Likes