VP of Gaming
33343 posts

Re: First active gay athlete to come out.

Apr 30, 2013

I cant believe you guys are comparing being gay to race. Thats not right

Message 51 of 114 (150 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29993 posts

Apr 30, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Normal is a man being with a woman

im sure there is math equations or something to prove this

Says who? Being "Normal" usually means being boring anyways.....

I'm happy for him. No one should have to hide who they are just to feel comfortable or be accepted by people. 

Message 52 of 114 (134 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6981 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Hitman just wants to provoke people with his statements. 

I would imagine coming out isn't an easy thing to do, especially in his position.  

Message 53 of 114 (131 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29993 posts

Apr 30, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

That's the only problem I have. Gay people aren't being lynched or segregated for their lifestyle. Bullied? Yes for some..... But people get bullied everyday for various other reasons. 

Message 54 of 114 (128 Views)
Shinra Executive
35976 posts

Apr 30, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Well i think being gay in the locker room might lead to something more you know... "oo lets get married and have kids!!"

NO basically being gay in sports isnt right either they should be gay on their own time...

You really said that, just WOW!!!

BRIT-KO

Message 55 of 114 (125 Views)
Shinra Executive
35976 posts

Apr 30, 2013

johngie wrote:
Apart from Hitman's rampant homophobia, this has been an interesting and productive discussion. Keep it up.

AMEN!

BRIT-KO

Message 56 of 114 (125 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4327 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

eagles1990 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

That's the only problem I have. Gay people aren't being lynched or segregated for their lifestyle. Bullied? Yes for some..... But people get bullied everyday for various other reasons. 

Segregated? Does the movement against gay marriage count? -- Lynched?

History tells horrible stories about how homosexuals were treated and/or slaughtered.

And the most recent story I remember reading about a gay being "lynched" was Mathew Shepard.

I think the reason some of us are comparing gay to race, is that neither is a choice, and there are people who wish to do harm to a person just because of their sexual orientation and/or skin color.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 57 of 114 (110 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7337 posts

Apr 30, 2013

I am going to come out right now and say that I do not support gay marriage or the lifestyle. However, I DO NOT judge LGBT: it is THEIR decision, and I have no place to judge others - their personal preferences are between them, their families, friends, and God.

I do not support the lifestyle and gay marriage because it goes against my religion. As Christians, we are commanded by Christ to NOT judge people for ANYTHING and to love others, no matter who they are, even people like Hitler. I apologize to any LGBT person that has been offended by a Christian Smiley Sad If they ever do say something like that, remind them of their failures to meet God's expectations.

Please do not start a religious debate over this post either, please. Such debates are not allowed on the PlayStation forums and almost always lead to flame wars, trolling, etc.

soco signature

bhd clan site
mvp terms
forum rules
Message 58 of 114 (109 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7337 posts

Apr 30, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT wrote:

I am going to come out right now and say that I do not support gay marriage or the lifestyle. However, I DO NOT judge LGBT: it is THEIR decision, and I have no place to judge others - their personal preferences are between them, their families, friends, and God.

I do not support the lifestyle and gay marriage because it goes against my religion. As Christians, we are commanded by Christ to NOT judge people for ANYTHING and to love others, no matter who they are, even people like Hitler. I apologize to any LGBT person that has been offended by a Christian Smiley Sad If they ever do say something like that, remind them of their failures to meet God's expectations.

Please do not start a religious debate over this post either, please. Such debates are not allowed on the PlayStation forums and almost always lead to flame wars, trolling, etc.

It always makes me shudder when I see "Christians" saying things like "God hats gays," or worse.

Those people have a name: Westboro Baptist Church. They are the perfect example of when Christ said it is better to be a non-Christian than a hypocritical Christian.

soco signature

bhd clan site
mvp terms
forum rules
Message 59 of 114 (94 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29993 posts

Apr 30, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

eagles1990 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Segregated? Does the movement against gay marriage count? -- Lynched?

History tells horrible stories about how homosexuals were treated and/or slaughtered.

And the most recent story I remember reading about a gay being "lynched" was Mathew Shepard.

I think the reason some of us are comparing gay to race, is that neither is a choice, and there are people who wish to do harm to a person just because of their sexual orientation and/or skin color.

I'm sorry but I just don't think it's comparable. Sure, neither being black or gay is a choice but that's where the similarities end. I can't sit here and say not allowing gay people to get married (For the record, I am for Gay Marriage) is comparable to Jim Crow laws, Anti-Miscegenation laws, Laws preventing blacks to vote, laws saying blacks count at 3/5 of a person and The Dred Scott decision (Which stated all black people aren't US citizens and therefor had no constitutional rights). 

Message 60 of 114 (119 Views)
0 Likes